Elemental Lords

85 Tauren Druid
I know we're bringing the hurt to Al'akir at Cataclysm launch, and eventually Ragnaros at some point, but I was thinking: since they're in their own elemental planes, wouldn't they just regenerate?
Reply Quote
83 Tauren Druid
no because when we kill an Elemental on Azeroth we are not actually killing it merely banishing it back to its Elemental Plane, so since we going to the planes themselves if we kill an elemental there they actually do die.
Reply Quote
I know we're bringing the hurt to Al'akir at Cataclysm launch, and eventually Ragnaros at some point, but I was thinking: since they're in their own elemental planes, wouldn't they just regenerate?

Actually it's the opposite. Killing an elemental on Azeroth simply sends it back to the elemental planes. Killing one in it's elemental plane causes it to die permanently.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Even killing an Elemental Lord on their own plane will dissipate them back into their base elements. Presumably they also rejoin the collective hind mind that encompasses all elementals and their elemental spirit. Whether or not they will slowly regenerate over time is uncertain.

An elemental's never been killed on the elemental plane. It's like when we killed Malygos with no clue as to what would happen. We've got a lot of foresight like that. Though it is implied that the elementals used to war on one another on the plane, so it's likely they're just as unkillable there, or have some method of spawning and developing and growing to replace losses.
Edited by Vesran on 11/19/2010 10:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
An elemental's never been killed on the elemental plane. It's like when we killed Malygos with no clue as to what would happen. We've got a lot of foresight like that. Though it is implied that the elementals used to war on one another on the plane, so it's likely they're just as unkillable there, or have some method of spawning and developing and growing to replace losses.

It's explicitly stated in a Deepholm quest that elementals which die on their own elemental plane are permanently dead.

Being "dead" doesn't mean much for an elemental, however. All elementals belong to the same hive mind consciousness of the elemental spirit. Elementals themselves are localized anomalies of focused energies, and the most powerful of these gain names and a will to assert themselves against the hive mind (though they are still a part of it and still follow similar behavior).

Very powerful elementals, such as the Elemental Lords, are able to create other elementals out of their base elements. These new elementals are very basic, unable to comprehend advanced notions such as "death" and the like, and just serve as thralls to the being that created them. It's these minions that are often sent into battle to die.

It's explicitly stated in a Deepholm quest that elementals which die on their own elemental plane are permanently dead.

Now that I didn't know, bloody beta and my not having been part of it. Makes sense then that they could still war with one another on the elemental plane is they're just using generics to do it. A sort of taboo against killing the upper ranks would also explain the whole Thunderfury questline where Thundarean was imprisoned.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]