PTR Lore Tidbits

80 Undead Priest
For those unaware, the new world is up on the PTR and available for everybody to explore. We got a lot of info from beta testers, but they couldn't show us everything they saw. So this thread is for the little things you notice, hopefully ones that don't spark thread-derailing arguments. Here's a few things I've noticed:

There's a statue of Uther in Cathedral Square.
Nethergarde is besieged by orcs.
Surwich is practically deserted. Population: 7.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I noticed a... cube... in the Stormwind Cemetery that had the Lordaeron symbol on all sides.
/shrug
Reply Quote
Surwich is practically deserted. Population: 7.

I actually thought it was less than that. Heh.

There's a statue of Uther in Cathedral Square.

I actually never noticed this from the beta. Is there anything said on it?
Reply Quote
80 Undead Priest
Uther the Lightbringer

A righteous paladin, an honorable man, and a dear friend

You will never be forgotten, brother.
Reply Quote
Uther the Lightbringer

A righteous paladin, an honorable man, and a dear friend

You will never be forgotten, brother.

Hmm. I wonder who dedicated/wrote it.

I noticed a... cube... in the Stormwind Cemetery that had the Lordaeron symbol on all sides.
/shrug

A crypt of some sort, or an actual little cube? :P
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It wasn't the size of a coffin, but a cube inside a little crypt mausoleum thingy. PTR is down at the moment so I can't check on the actual size relative to my toon.
Reply Quote
It wasn't the size of a coffin, but a cube inside a little crypt mausoleum thingy. PTR is down at the moment so I can't check on the actual size relative to my toon.

I think I know what you're talking about, but it's been a while since I've been to SW on the beta. And the cemetery is pretty big o:
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It is... just south(ish) of Tiffin(?)'s memorial.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/images/news/2010/cataclysm/cataclysm_zones/11927/sandbox/stormwind_09.jpg

I'm guessing it's a monument to Highlord Bolvar Fordragon.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It is about two dwarves tall and three dwarves wide... >.>
Edited by Kolten on 11/18/2010 2:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/images/news/2010/cataclysm/cataclysm_zones/11927/sandbox/stormwind_09.jpg

I'm guessing it's a monument to Highlord Bolvar Fordragon.
Wasn't he from Stormwind? Why Lordearon's seal, maybe it's for Arthas?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin

Clearly its for Terenas... nah I have no idea though a picture of Bolvar from the RPG has him... bald... with Lordaeron symbols on him.

Who knows!

http://www.wowpedia.org/File:Bolvarfordragon.jpg
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage

Clearly its for Terenas... nah I have no idea though a picture of Bolvar from the RPG has him... bald... with Lordaeron symbols on him.

Who knows!

http://www.wowpedia.org/File:Bolvarfordragon.jpg
My bad then, I was mistaken.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Not sure if it was ever mentioned, but a Horde outpost in Felwood was over-run by Slimes and there are now a bunch of "Slime Slaves" or something, green ghost-like beings. (All Tauren amusingly.) I saw a Troll Druid there doing some quest, but I am simply running around at the moment, saving quests for when I am actually leveling. = P
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

We don't know much about Bolvar's past. He would have spent some time in Lordaeron, but if he's the son of Mara Fordragon then he was likely born in Stormwind. Either way, the Seal of Lordaeron is used to represent the Alliance as a whole, so it's not out of place.

Arthas is another possibility. Uther, Muradin and Jaina didn't seem to hold him responsible for what he did after taking up Frostmourne. If Varian felt the same way, he might have been inclined to give his old friend a decent burial.

Although, if it were for Arthas, I'd have to wonder where Bolvar's memorial is. He was a respected hero, and the common folk believe he died fighting the Lich King. They'd surely find it strange if Arthas had a monument and Bolvar didn't.
Reply Quote
81 Dwarf Paladin

We don't know much about Bolvar's past. He would have spent some time in Lordaeron, but if he's the son of Mara Fordragon then he was likely born in Stormwind. Either way, the Seal of Lordaeron is used to represent the Alliance as a whole, so it's not out of place.

Arthas is another possibility. Uther, Muradin and Jaina didn't seem to hold him responsible for what he did after taking up Frostmourne. If Varian felt the same way, he might have been inclined to give his old friend a decent burial.

Although, if it were for Arthas, I'd have to wonder where Bolvar's memorial is. He was a respected hero, and the common folk believe he died fighting the Lich King. They'd surely find it strange if Arthas had a monument and Bolvar didn't.

Maybe its a monument to all of those who died at Arthas's hand?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Make a Bolvar statue in the Valley of Heroes.
Edited by Sabeth on 11/18/2010 2:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
81 Draenei Shaman

i am fairly sure that varian considers arthas a filthy traitor. though idk if he would change his mind when jaina tells him that he was holding the lk back.

but yes, bolvar needs a memorial!
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Memorial for Bolvar? Sounds good. They could make a grave for him but if anyone tried to rob it... well... imagine that getting out. "Fordragon's Grave is Empty! Where is our Fallen Champion?!"

[Edit]: Also, shame. Can't download the PTR. Keep getting an error message when I try to get to it from the launcher.
Edited by Elenie on 11/18/2010 2:56 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]