Shaman Healing, Flow design

100 Troll Shaman
At the moment Shaman healing feels very lacking and simple in comparison to other healers, we are in a good spot on the meters but that is for the most part HST and HR(Disappointing when you do a lot of heals and its just these two spells).

I love the idea of Tidal Waves and Resto Shamans tapping that, my idea for RShaman changes in WoD is that they are based around the Tide.

All Tidal Waves(High Tide, Low Tide buffs) reduce the cast time of Gheal, Heal and Cheal by 30% and increase crit of Healing Surge by 30%.

AoE Healing spells cause 1 charge of High Tide, max 2.

High Tide: Empowers your Single Target spells to Cleave an additional 30% of their heals to nearby allies.

Single Target Healing spells cause 1 charge of Low Tide, max 2.

Low Tide: Your AoE spells have your Mastery applied as if target is 30% lower on HP.
Edit: Or, Your AoE Spells proc AA each heal.

Healing Stream Totem cd increased to 45sec, duration reduced to 10sec.(not just another whack-a-mole CD).

Critique?
Edited by Eskzeus on 11/26/2013 9:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
AoE Healing spells cause 1 charge of High Tide, max 2.

High Tide: Empowers your Single Target spells to Cleave an additional 30% of their heals to nearby allies.

I actually like this. Chain Heal giving TW was a way to facilitate our change between AoE and ST healing modes as we would not lose TW stacks during CH-heavy phases. Now that ST healing in general is heavily unappealing, I'd enjoy to see mechanics like the one you propose that give some synergy and make ST more attractive and viable for AoE situations.

Single Target Healing spells cause 1 charge of Low Tide, max 2.

Low Tide: Your AoE spells have your Mastery applied as if target is 30% lower on HP.

Now this one wouldn't fit right to me. I'm not fond of Mastery this expansion compared to Cata, but it still has a big impact at such low % health. Unless they tuned down Mastery scaling, our AoE would be pretty sick per cast. I'd instead prefer if we could get some more AA love, at least in Chain Heal.

Healing Stream Totem cd increased to 45sec, duration reduced to 10sec.(not just another whack-a-mole CD).

I have a love/hate relationship with HST right now. I prefer it over the older version, but it still is too passive despite requiring more management than the previous "drop every 5 minutes and forget". I might like it more if they made it empower our ST instead, akin to the Condensation totem thing, so its throughput was more dependant on our actions and was also more AoE-oriented than ST-oriented (e.g. HST lasts 20 seconds, 1 min CD. Whenver you cast HW/GHW/HS, HST replicates the 15% of the healing on other two targets).

I agree we have way way WAAAY too much passive healing. I'd love it if we could get much of our throughput separated from HR/HST so that we can be in control of it. It just doesn't feel right that you can get over half of your total throughput just from placing two spells down on cooldown.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Interesting ideas. Doesn't feel like it'd change much to me. We're still the king of smart heals and situational CDs. I like it the way we are, but that's not to say it couldn't be better. Overall interesting ideas. I like the tide theme.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
I like these ideas, procing AA is very nice.

Love/Hate relationship is exactly what it is!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Haven't played my shaman in forever but I love these ideas.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]