consecrate iconic yet removed from ret/holy?

90 Human Paladin
did anyone else feel this way when they made this change? consecrate had to be one of my favorite looking abilities and it gave ret a slightly bit more utility and something to fill in their rotation , if im not popping cool down atm i still feel like there is always a gap in between where i have nothing to use , consecrate was also great for that , but its just really weird that they removed it. Not to mention making all paladin seals SUCK compared to the old ones , i remember the old seal of blood back when this paladin was a blood elf , and it could proc off the old windfury totems for like 10 hits , good times...... either way im hoping they give holy and ret consecrate back it was iconic to the class if you ask me every DK spec has death and decay why then remove paladins consecrate and give it to only prot?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
You have 2.6% haste, I'm not surprised you have gaps in your rotation. When you actually get geared you'll find yourself almost having too many buttons to press.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I miss Consecration a lot in Ret myself, it was a very flavorful spell and handy to have an AoE that didn't require a target and could flush out stealth peoples.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I miss Consecration a lot in Ret myself, it was a very flavorful spell and handy to have an AoE that didn't require a target and could flush out stealth peoples.

yeah it added alot more utility PVP wise considering you can't use divine storm without charges anymore...
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
My jimmies were extremely rustled when they made it Prot only.

It started out as a Holy talent.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hammer of Righteousness should just get change to require no target like swipe for druid to fill in what Consecration did for ret in pvp. Aside from the animation the ability is pretty useless, I would rather have holy wrath back.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Consecrate and Holy Wrath were both garbage for ret and always were. Now that our rotation actually makes sense there's zero reason Cons or HW should be returned to us.

Gives slight pvp utility and its not game breaking that theyd give it back and it was silly for it to be taken away
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
You have 2.6% haste, I'm not surprised you have gaps in your rotation. When you actually get geared you'll find yourself almost having too many buttons to press.
Haste doesn't affect whether or not there are gaps in the rotation or not, because the gcd scales along with ability cds, so as you get more haste and are able to use abilities more often you also have more gcds to fill as well.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Sanctity of Battle reduces the cooldown and global cooldown of our rotational abilities including HotR, so if you have enough haste you'll almost always have something to press. Our rotation becomes very quick and fluid.

You're not getting Pancake's point. 0% or 40% Haste, you don't have more buttons to press, you only press them faster.

At 0% Haste, those "gaps" are actually you waiting on the GCD to finish.
Edited by Berith on 11/27/2013 3:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Consecration is amazing. It's such a fun ability, not to mention looks amazing. It fits retribution so well. It's rotting away on prot, they don't deserve it's awesomeness.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
I'm confused as to how concentrate looks good. It's a fart with holy fault cracks.
Reply Quote

Haste doesn't affect whether or not there are gaps in the rotation or not, because the gcd scales along with ability cds, so as you get more haste and are able to use abilities more often you also have more gcds to fill as well.

Sanctity of Battle reduces the cooldown and global cooldown of our rotational abilities including HotR, so if you have enough haste you'll almost always have something to press. Our rotation becomes very quick and fluid.

2.6% haste is abysmal but not surprising considering the OP only has 1 item with haste on it. Luminarium is simply saying that once the OP starts gearing properly, his rotation will be so fast he probably won't even miss Cons.

Not everyone is a pve hero. As an almost fully Griev Ret stacking haste i have plenty of gaps in my rotation, to set the record straight.

Consecrate did more than "get bad stealthers". Ever drop a consecrate in the tunnel of WSG? i guess not. Aoe abilities are as good as the person applying them. If you could never get any decent players out of stealth then that is entirely on you.

I miss the hell out of this ability.
Edited by Warsongqtqq on 11/27/2013 4:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'm confused as to how concentrate looks good. It's a fart with holy fault cracks.

Never heard of this ability.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
11/27/2013 04:42 PMPosted by Warsongqtqq

Big whoop, still consecrate never looked good.

As for it's effectiveness it's great for when it was available, not really missed.
Reply Quote
11/27/2013 04:51 PMPosted by Elita

Big whoop, still consecrate never looked good.

As for it's effectiveness it's great for when it was available, not really missed.

So you are saying it was great.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Sorry but i still say that in a fight like Lei Shi when every other melee group was using a non target aoe to bring him out of his hide phase and we stood there twiddling are thumbs cause we didnt have one really pissed me off, i know people only say its one fight. Well in my opinion it was one fight too much, there should never be a fight were a mechanic leaves a spec temporarily out of a fight. If its not consecrate or wrath come up with something us just give us a non target aoe.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]