consecrate iconic yet removed from ret/holy?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/27/2013 03:34 AMPosted by Berith
Sanctity of Battle reduces the cooldown and global cooldown of our rotational abilities including HotR, so if you have enough haste you'll almost always have something to press. Our rotation becomes very quick and fluid.

You're not getting Pancake's point. 0% or 40% Haste, you don't have more buttons to press, you only press them faster.

At 0% Haste, those "gaps" are actually you waiting on the GCD to finish.

There are actually several differences between a fresh 90 ret and geared ret's gaps in rotation. First, AoW procs. Given that Exo isn't always used when it is up, a geared ret's greater number of AoW procs will increase the likelihood of it being up when needed. Second, t90 talent CD/GCD don't scale with haste. Third, t16 4set drops the fraction of open GCDs substantially.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I miss it for PVP, as Ret now the only way we can roll flag now is once every 20 seconds with Holy Prism.

And yeah, Lei Shen was annoying as hell, just standing there waiting for people to pop him out.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It used to a part of our single target rotation, same with DS. I can see it being useful in pvp, but i really do not want or need more buttons to press in pve.

Also they really do not want a plate class with so much in defensive cooldowns to "sit" in consecration just to prevent a rogue from opening on you.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Consecrate was practically worthless.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Consecrate and Holy Wrath were both garbage for ret and always were. Now that our rotation actually makes sense there's zero reason Cons or HW should be returned to us.

They were still more fun than Divine Storm, which they keep making terrible for some reason.

Also, don't tell me you never used Holy Wrath to knock near-by enemy Rogues out of stealth in PvP. HW was pretty helpful in that particular department.
Edited by Dreslin on 11/28/2013 7:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I miss consecration, it's definitely one of the iconic paladin abilities. I don't see why it had to go away... why not make it take the place of exorcism in the AoE rotation or something? I also dearly miss auras, despite the fact that they were pretty close to redundant when they were removed... it just made me feel like a paladin, giving people a buff by standing near them. I think it'd be cool if they re-implemented them, but more meaningful than they were with a shorter range. Make positioning matter when you're playing with a paladin!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It started out as a Holy talent.

If by "started out" you mean alpha or beta, OK. But it was the 21 pt. Ret talent at US launch. It was moved to Holy 11 pt slot in 1.9.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/28/2013 07:13 PMPosted by Dreslin
Consecrate and Holy Wrath were both garbage for ret and always were. Now that our rotation actually makes sense there's zero reason Cons or HW should be returned to us.

They were still more fun than Divine Storm, which they keep making terrible for some reason.

Also, don't tell me you never used Holy Wrath to knock near-by enemy Rogues out of stealth in PvP. HW was pretty helpful in that particular department.

If you found a flat yellow ground effect more exciting than a pair of swirling hammers with flashes of lightning, ok.

You'd only hit the bad rogues with either of those spells in which case you were probably going to win anyway.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]