Resto druid: Healing or dps meta

90 Goblin Priest
Just a little curious on what people has been using between the healing meta or dps caster meta.. I look through guides and everyone suggests the healing meta without really giving much say on the dps caster meta...

Only thing I noticed was a blue post long ago about how they changed the dps caster meta supposedly so it isnt supposed to proc much for a healer.. I have to say, as a resto druid, its quite easy to still game that haste proc to come up whenever you want.

Pretty much was messing around on my resto druid, I dont really come around to having mana issues too much if I play it smart and the raid doesnt take alot of unnecessary damage. So I figured to try out the dps meta.. I found it quite easy to game the haste proc.

Whenever I knew massive dmg was incoming I would dot the boss right before. Everytime it works perfectly to instantly proc the haste buff before I start putting out my hots which would give a nice jump to all my spell hots as it seems.

Any other druid tempting this? Not really sure how beneficial this really is.
Edited by Bonkadadonk on 11/27/2013 10:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Frozenorange, I think you are being summoned.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The healer meta just allows you to drop a lot more spirit. Mana neutral wild growths are the love.

If the dps one is working well for you, use it by all means.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
dps LMG + haste pot before the pull (+plus lifeblood if you're an alchemist) = lots of efflo healing. i think.
Edited by Arkista on 11/27/2013 10:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
dps LMG + haste pot before the pull (+plus lifeblood if you're an alchemist) = lots of efflo healing. i think.

Yea the dps meta ups the effloshroom heal quite nicely as well... Lifebloom heals alot more per tic with the 30% haste plus SotF...

Makes it funny with tranq.. Comes very close to making tranq be an instant cast if you dot the boss to proc the 30% haste, proc up SotF, than tranq... Very nice uh oh button....
Edited by Bonkadadonk on 11/27/2013 11:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Makes it funny with tranq.. Comes very close to making tranq be an instant cast if you dot the boss to proc the 30% haste, proc up SotF, than tranq... Very nice uh oh button....

Most of it would be overhealing, though.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
11/27/2013 12:02 PMPosted by Cinnabuns

Most of it would be overhealing, though.

Not to mention fishing for a proc, then using a GCD, and then using a channeled cd isn't a great uh oh button :P

It would still be fun to use for giggles
Edited by Aíyana on 11/27/2013 12:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

channeled heal major cds are designed much better than instant ones, imo. revival has to be expertly timed or risk being extreme overheal. there is a reason DH/Tranq/HTT are the way they are. they deliver their heals over a period of time to those who need them most and help to stabilize a raid over their duration. The effect they have on a raid cannot be understated and should not be pushed to an instant cast. It would greatly diminish their effectiveness and usefulness.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
The DPS meta is not bad for fights with extended stack phases for use with efflo, which still snapshots haste.

It might be okay for more general use in 10m, since it won't really hinder your blanketing that much, but at your haste level it only gives you 1 extra tick on your rejuvs, which isn't... bad, but it's not exactly gamebreaking either (especially considering many druids passively go for that rejuv breakpoint).

I'd suggest it would be better for druids who are already at the 13k haste breakpoint - if they can squeeze an additional ~2.8k haste, they can reach the rejuv+4 (2 additional ticks past a 13k rejuv) breakpoint while under LMG. (I guess herbalists could just sit at 13k and pop lifeblood with moonfire to get the same thing)

On the whole, though, it is a tradeoff. For normals you don't really need the mana anyway, but for heroics you might (haven't been a 10H rdruid this tier, so I can't really say). Granted, normals don't really require you to try to squeeze out extra dps by cheesing meta gems either. :P I personally only use the caster LMG on the obviously stack fights.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
as a heroic progressing resto druid and going on 3 years consistently.

take the healing meta. thats all u need to know. weakauras it and use it to ur advantage
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Any other druid tempting this? Not really sure how beneficial this really is.

^What Frozenorange said.

I'd add more emphasis on stack fights only though.
The gain is too minimal for the effort imo for anything outside of the efflo.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]