So Long, and Thanks for All the Spectral Fish

Game Designer
You know that part at the end of raid night when the final boss is dead and you’re done handing out loot and everyone kind of goes their separate ways? Yeah, this is one of those times.

We just came off of a great BlizzCon. We had so many different games to talk about, and we were thrilled at the reception of Warlords of Draenor. It was great to meet or reconnect with so many of you. I love BlizzCon dearly, which makes it so hard to tell you that this will be my last one, or at least my last one up on stage. An opportunity has come my way, and I have made the very tough decision to move on from Blizzard.

I wanted to thank all of you for being a part of this grand quest. I have said a hundred times that having passionate gamers, including the angry ones, is a far better place to be than having a community that doesn’t care. You all care. Like us, you want the game to be the best that it can be. So I ask you to keep on providing your feedback. I promise (and I rarely promise!) that the developers care very much about what you have to say.

I’ll be out there, and I can’t imagine it will be that hard to find me.

Hugs,
Ghostcrawler

P.S. No, you can’t have a pony. Or a moose. Or a mantis shrimp. Or a tardigrade. Or a crab. Keep trying though.

P.P.S. I play a Holy Priest.
Game Designer
First.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Second!

Good luck to you! You had a rough job and I believe you did the best you could do, given the circumstances.

P.S. By Priest you mean Mage, right?
Edited by Tase on 11/27/2013 12:18 PM PST
90 Pandaren Monk
Third!

ILY GHOSTCRAWLER AND ILL MISS YOU :(
Edited by Arîana on 11/27/2013 12:15 PM PST
90 Orc Death Knight
Good luck Ghostcrawler! You'll be missed
90 Night Elf Death Knight
FIFTH!
We'll miss ya dude.
Edited by Grindcore on 11/27/2013 12:16 PM PST
90 Human Warlock
Best of luck to you, crabby cakes.

But you best send Zarcrawler some child support!

11/27/2013 12:12 PMPosted by Ghostcrawler
Or a crab.

I had one back in April, Crabby is the Father.
Edited by Killercaitie on 11/27/2013 12:29 PM PST
90 Dwarf Priest
uhhhh uuhh FIRST Dwarf!!

Going to miss you, sad to see yougo but best of luck to you , my only regret now is that i didnt get to go to that last blizzcon and meeting you in person. Oh well maybe ill just happenly to randomly meet you on the street somewhere :)

My only question now is who will we have as a spectral critter now :( Ghostrabbit or Ghostcat wont be the same as Ghostcrawler. Not to mention i wont have that april fools crab that has yet to give me my beta key :(

Well now i know what im going to do, level up my Ghost crab pet
Edited by Ragnivald on 11/27/2013 2:19 PM PST
55 Gnome Death Knight
So...I can have a pistol shrimp then?

Would be cool. I mean, their attacks cause a momentary burst of heat on the level of the sun!

Gonna miss you, ghostcrab.
90 Pandaren Shaman
11/27/2013 12:12 PMPosted by Ghostcrawler
P.P.S. I play a Holy Priest.
ZOMG twinsies!
90 Gnome Mage
First.

Well played sir.

You will be missed! Good luck in your future endeavors.
90 Dwarf Hunter
/salute

Farewell, and best of luck in your next project.
90 Night Elf Death Knight
P.S. No, you can’t have a pony. Or a moose. Or a mantis shrimp. Or a tardigrade. Or a crab. Keep trying though.

Damn!
90 Blood Elf Priest
We'll miss you. Best of luck in all future endeavors.
90 Worgen Hunter
Whatever your job offer, they gained a hell of a man.

You will be missed. <3
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Be well, sir. /salute
90 Pandaren Hunter
Good luck in your new venture/path!! The community will be a different place without your presence.
90 Pandaren Monk
You will be missed good sir. Thanks for all you have done for this community.
90 Pandaren Monk
We will all miss you, GC... even if you are a filthy priest.
90 Human Paladin
/salute

Thank you, Sir, for all you've done to make WoW amazing. You were my first dev interview, and I will never forget it. *raises a glass*
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]