2 new glyphs i'd like to see

90 Blood Elf Warlock
Prayer of Healing
heals the closest 4 injured party/raid members within 30 yards, instead of the target's party members, but reduces the amount healed by 20-30%

currently priests are the only healer class that requires groups to be nicely set before hand.
this gets more evident in 25 mans. take the Galakras fight for example.
if the tower teams are healed by a priest, and arent placed nicely in the same group, this heal becomes useless. Its now a button sitting on our bars that cannot be used, simply because it dosent consider the injured people near us valid targets.
The reduction in healing output is there to balance this.

Renewing Mist
instantly spreads to 3 targets, but has one less tick.

healing output would be the same as the non glyphed version. However, we would not have to wait ~4 seconds for it to properly spread before we can use uplift without wasting more than half the output.
This will allow MW monks to use uplift to its fullest potential when using it the way it was designed: to quickly respond to unexpected raid damage, instead of having to either wait 4 seconds, or to sacrifice some output.

Essentially, these changes are quality of life, that remove restrictions on when these 2 spells can be used, while hopefully keeping their output comparable to what it is currently.

At least that's what i'm trying to achieve here. Suggestions? Comments? Hatemail? Deaththreats?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
How would this interact with Spirit Shell? Inner Focus?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Mechanically no change. Spirit shell still gets built up by it, and inner focus should still reduce mana cost and increase crit chance.

In a situation where everyone is within 30yd of each other, the difference will be reduced healing due to the -20 or -30% on the glyph.

in a situation where the raid is split, and the groups arent properly set, you may even see an increase in output because its now hitting the 5 closest people instead of trying and failing to hit targets that are out of range.

the 20-30% reduction is just hypothetical.. i dont really have the resources i need to determine what the proper reduction has to be to balance this change. it probably should be less but i cant tell for sure.

Again, these are glyphs. And are therefore optional, and should be balanced after some testing accordingly.
Edited by Fiia on 11/27/2013 7:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I would only use that glyph in lfr where i'm not the leader since the groups will be randomly set. otherwise it is far more conducive for poh to remain the way it is. if prayer of healing were ever changed to no longer be groupwide, Spirit Shell would also require a total revamp or a significant buff because it could no longer reliably do what it does now.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I'm also concerned about the similarity to CoH at that point. Wouldn't it be more sensible to just give CoH to Disc, and then have a passive for Holy that removes the CD on it.

Not that I want more abilities. Please no.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
hmm i see what you mean with spirit shell. the group thing allows you to make sure everyone gets hit by it.

what do holy priests think? and mw monks?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I agree that it is annoying to have to demand assist in raids to make sure the parties are to my liking.

Here's something I'd like to see:

PoH will now heal the nearest injured target if a player within the targeted group is untargettable (dead, out of range, in a vehicle).

It would obviously need to not overlap (one person getting healed twice by PoH) but it wouldn't totally turn it into a smart heal.

I DO like the group targeting, but I dislike it being a burden when people die towards the end of a boss, or some other mechanic makes you have less than 5 people per party.

EDIT:

The ReM glyph just promotes poor play really. There are instances where it would be nice to be able to have them spread instantly, but I can think of no instance where I'd want to use it for an entire boss fight.

It also does nothing to address the random AE healing in 25s
Edited by Aíyana on 11/27/2013 9:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
ooh i like ur version of PoH.. lets go with that!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I'm also concerned about the similarity to CoH at that point. Wouldn't it be more sensible to just give CoH to Disc, and then have a passive for Holy that removes the CD on it.

The absolute last thing Disc needs is another smart heal that can proc DA.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest

I suppose. It's less about the smart heals that proc DA and more about the crit scaling at the end of a tier but that's neither here nor there.

:)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest

I would much rather this than the current iteration with atonement.

(She also wasn't being serious; she was speaking hypothetically)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
(She also wasn't being serious; she was speaking hypothetically)

Indeed.
I'd be a fool to turn my eye away from DA issues.

11/27/2013 09:06 AMPosted by Aíyana
PoH will now heal the nearest injured target if a player within the targeted group is untargettable (dead, out of range, in a vehicle).

That's a fair compromise. But again will it apply SS? Auto-DA from Inner focus? Hrmmm.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
That's a fair compromise. But again will it apply SS? Auto-DA from Inner focus? Hrmmm.

It might as well. It would be nigh impossible to abuse it in most scenario's (and if you could, being able to target parties for SS blanketing would almost always be preferable).

It would just exist to help you cope with those funky instances where you lose a ton efficiency when two members of one party die or get sucked into another realm etc.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I do wonder, one would need to track SS more effectively (I use a little icon).

For example:

Conditions:
10M Raider, 2 groups
SS + PoH in a spread situation

I SS + PoH group 1, but bob was out of range (40 yards away), so it put SS on Sue who is in group 2.

Then I SS + PoH group 2 but everyone in group 2 is in range

Bob is SOL I guess.

WTB SS as 40 yards.
Edited by Naérwen on 11/27/2013 11:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
That's true. In it's current iteration, Bob wouldn't get SS either.

Either way, I'm totally fine with it being the way it is. There are just a few tweaks they could do to make it a little more friendly.
Edited by Aíyana on 11/27/2013 11:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I agree. I'm not particularly annoyed by PoH. In fact, I find myself MORE annoyed with PoH as Holy. Where, you know, PoH is a LARGE portion of my tool kit, not my SS workhorse.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
11/27/2013 11:02 AMPosted by Naérwen

I suppose. It's less about the smart heals that proc DA and more about the crit scaling at the end of a tier but that's neither here nor there.

:)

Being able to contribute as much dps as a disc priest can in low-damage periods, all the while gobbling up what damage there is to heal (with absolutely 0 thought behind that healing past mashing smite and penance into a boss) is a big problem.

We need less smart healing in the game. Healing was better when healers had to make smart target and spell selection choices. That has been decimated in the game.

PoH may not be perfect, but knowing if you should use it on a group that has taken damage or if you should cast a single target heal into someone inside that group based on the # of people damaged was a conscious choice. Turning PoH into a smart heal is the wrong answer.
Edited by Meioh on 11/27/2013 5:07 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]