Ghostcrawler's Crab Cakes (Healer OT)

90 Blood Elf Monk
this is very helpful for someone with normal mild depression. Not great advice for someone with severe clinical depression.

No, it's pretty much great advice for anyone. Even if you're feeling dead, just get up and force yourself to do it. I still pretty regularly do some basic weight lifting \ jogging. Not as much as I used to because I don't have much time for anything but sleep and school atm, but when it came to those days where I was like "hey I want to kill myself" - I still got up and did it. It didn't make me any happier, but I definitely felt physically good for it.

Routines are good. Forcing yourself to adhere to routines is hard, but worth it.

Best advice most people don't want to hear; get a gym membership.

Agreed. I need to get one again soon. I think our school has a gym and personal trainers, I need to look into it next semester. Not much I can do this though.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
My desire to have kids seems to grow each day. I think all the different cute lunches and breakfasts I make are just training. I love making "cute" or clever food.

My friend Makiko turns making lunch for her daughter Miyu into art.
http://imgur.com/UsZitAd
I personally don't have the talent or desire but I can appreciate it.
90 Blood Elf Monk
He already seems to be on medication. Do you want us to prescribe something for him, or give him other options to help him feel better?

If I had a dollar for every time Theolo has followed any advice here, I'd have exactly $0.
90 Draenei Shaman
Shut it.
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/01/2013 02:37 PMPosted by Illu
And yeah, men who can cook are the sexiest thing on the planet.

Well, as someone in a culinary program...

Tell me more. ^^
90 Worgen Priest
My project partner just ditched me so I have to do it by myself... -.-
90 Night Elf Priest
My friend Makiko turns making lunch for her daughter Miyu into art.
http://imgur.com/UsZitAd
I personally don't have the talent or desire but I can appreciate it.

Eeeee just like that! It gets old making smiley faces for myself. Though it helps! ^^o
90 Human Priest

Tell me more. ^^

I'd do anything for a good Asian meal.

Anything.
90 Human Monk
12/01/2013 02:45 PMPosted by Nerfheals
And yeah, men who can cook are the sexiest thing on the planet.

Tell me more. ^^

I'd like to go back to school and get my culinary certificate, which will get me a little more credibility when trying to get a small business loan to pursue my dream of opening a brewpub.

I make beer, cider, and mead as a hobby, love doing it, and would love to combine it with my love of cooking.
90 Blood Elf Monk
Shut it.

Just making sure people don't spill their hearts trying to help only for you to be like "lolnope."
90 Human Priest
12/01/2013 02:41 PMPosted by Mist
No, it's pretty much great advice for anyone.
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/01/2013 02:48 PMPosted by Appachai
I'd like to go back to school and get my culinary certificate, which will get me a little more credibility when trying to get a small business loan to pursue my dream of opening a brewpub.

Canada, but maybe helpful:

http://www.niagaracollege.ca/content/Programs/FulltimeStudies/WineryViticultureandBreweryStudiesCFWI/BrewmasterandBreweryOperationsManagement.aspx

I looked into this before going for the culinary thing myself. Well, applied and wasn't accepted, but ya know. :p
Edited by Nerfheals on 12/1/2013 2:51 PM PST
90 Human Monk
12/01/2013 02:51 PMPosted by Nerfheals

Canada, but maybe helpful:

http://www.niagaracollege.ca/content/Programs/FulltimeStudies/WineryViticultureandBreweryStudiesCFWI/BrewmasterandBreweryOperationsManagement.aspx

I looked into this before going for the culinary thing myself. Well, applied and wasn't accepted, but ya know. :p

Well, you got my country right =P
I'm actually in the nation's capital region, we have a number of colleges nearby. The problem is, I currently have to work full time (and mid thirties). Looking into some government loans to get the ability to pay for part-time schooling: currently looking at a cost of about $5700 for the program which I can't afford on my own.
90 Blood Elf Priest
I feel bad cuz Tradewinds mom bought one of those kitchenAid mixers the really expensive ones for my xmas gift and she said I can use it when I move up there cause she remembered I was upset that she didn't have any type of mixer at all when I tried to make them rock cakes last time I was up there.

Last time I was up there I was fat and liked making sweets. Now I don't want a fancy kitchen aid mixer to tempt me to make delicious sweets >.<

Bought trade and his mom calgary flames hockey tickets for Xmas though they are really happy. Canadians easy to please.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
There isn't a pill for motivation, bud : /

Just do it. Don't consider how you feel, or how tired you are. Just get up and do it. Break this habit.

while this is good advice .... it's not very good advice for someone with clinical depression.

Actually whether you are in a slump, mildly depressed, clinically depressed or bipolar. This is probably the only thing that keeps me going some days.

I was diagnosed with bipolar when I was 15. Initially I refused to take medication and chose to manage my bipolar through diet, exercise and positive therapy. Its actual a very helpful mental exercise to "just get up and do it."

If you could hear inside my head I cajole myself constantly. "Get up. Pick up that sock. Go to the kitchen." Some days it is really bad and goes more like, "Put your feet on the ground. Now stand up. Don't cry. Walk to the bathroom."

On a positive note, forcing yourself to do these things makes it easier for your body to follow those commands in the future. And once you are in motion, it becomes easier to stay in motion.

Eeeee just like that! It gets old making smiley faces for myself. Though it helps! ^^o

She has an entire portfolio of what she does.
Edited by Ceresc on 12/1/2013 2:56 PM PST
90 Human Priest
12/01/2013 02:49 PMPosted by Mist
Shut it.

Just making sure people don't spill their hearts trying to help only for you to be like "lolnope."

My feeling on the matter is that advice & pouring of hearts should only be done if you can understand that giving advice/pouring your heart out is done freely, with no strings attached, and with no offense taken if the person does not follow your advice/does not understand what you were trying to say/whatever.
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/01/2013 02:53 PMPosted by Appachai
I'm actually in the nation's capital region, we have a number of colleges nearby.

Same here. O.O

Have you looked at this? http://www3.algonquincollege.com/hospitalityandtourism/program/cook/

Ideal for someone with a bit of experience (although with the way my friend in the program complains about some of the other folks there, maybe experience isn't so necessary...), and quite inexpensive* by comparison.

*EDIT: getting into the program basically comes with a bursary, from what I hear, so don't just look at the sticker price.
Edited by Nerfheals on 12/1/2013 3:00 PM PST
90 Human Monk
12/01/2013 02:57 PMPosted by Nerfheals
I'm actually in the nation's capital region, we have a number of colleges nearby.

Same here. O.O

Have you looked at this? http://www3.algonquincollege.com/hospitalityandtourism/program/cook/

Ideal for someone with a bit of experience (although with the way my friend in the program complains about some of the other folks there, maybe experience isn't so necessary...), and quite inexpensive by comparison.

Apparently I missed that one! I live right near the college as it is, so it makes things easy on transportation. Looking into
http://www3.algonquincollege.com/hospitalityandtourism/program/chef-training/
90 Night Elf Druid
i love cooking. :D

i'm still struggling with eating healthy. i'm sort of in a pickle now because my girlfriend and i have somewhat divergent food philosophies.

she's very petite in stature and skinny-fat (boy would she hate hearing me describe her thus, but you know what i mean)
i'm very tall and large and fat-fat

she loves to buy junk food. crackers, cookies, candy bars, etc. the thing is? she is an incredible self moderator. she can eat one cookie or one square of chocolate. she loves pasta, bread, all the white processed grain products - but she has no problem eating an actual serving size and stopping.

i hate keeping junk/snacks in the house because i have NO self moderation. if i eat one cookie I WILL EAT ALL THE COOKIES.if i eat one square of chocolate THE WHOLE BAR IS DONE FOR. There is no halfway with me. :P

So I'm sitting here now, all day, every day, alone in this house full of snack food. I'm cooking and consuming way more refined grain carbs than I am interested in because I'm cooking to please her and incapable of turning down rice with my tacos or a cookie after dinner.

not sure how to fix it. :< i don't want to restrict her. i know that dropping that kinda food would make her feel better and give her energy, but she has no interest/doesnt share my belief in the evilness of refined grain products.

A PICKLE, i tell you.
90 Human Priest
Can I touch your pickle
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]