Ghostcrawler's Crab Cakes (Healer OT)

100 Blood Elf Monk
My feeling on the matter is that advice & pouring of hearts should only be done if you can understand that giving advice/pouring your heart out is done freely, with no strings attached, and with no offense taken if the person does not follow your advice/does not understand what you were trying to say/whatever.

My feeling is that every time people have been extremely nice and tried to give firm advice, it ended in someone getting mad and throwing a fit.

Just giving fair warning. :D
90 Night Elf Priest
I never considered going to school for culinary arts.

I don't think I have the grit for such things.
100 Blood Elf Priest
Apparently I missed that one! I live right near the college as it is, so it makes things easy on transportation. Looking into
http://www3.algonquincollege.com/hospitalityandtourism/program/chef-training/

Taking it now. I'd probably recommend that other one over this one, but it's a good program, and the chefs there are top-notch.
90 Human Priest
I want to learn to cook but I don't think I'd want to make a career out of it.

I've always wanted to be a botanist, actually. I find plants absolutely fascinating and would looooove traveling the world to study and experiment with them.
90 Pandaren Priest
I never considered going to school for culinary arts.

I don't think I have the grit for such things.

i did

too much effort, i'd rather do art (which is probably more effort lmbo)
90 Worgen Priest
I'm starting to learn how to cook before I go off on my own. Wouldn't want to do cooking as a career, though. I've got my mind set on microbiology. ^^
90 Human Monk
Bunnylove, your best bet would be something I mentioned earlier in the thread: Take how much you think you will eat, put the rest away, and never keep the container with you.

It's a good way to manage portion control.
100 Tauren Priest
not sure how to fix it. :< i don't want to restrict her. i know that dropping that kinda food would make her feel better and give her energy, but she has no interest/doesnt share my belief in the evilness of refined grain products.

Should try some of the tricks to make your body feel more full than it actually is.

Some things I do. I eat very slowly. Even if I'm hungry I eat really slow and I take small bites and I chew those bites for quite some time. The reason a lot of people over eat is because the molecule that says you are full is often much slower to reach the brain then the speed that people eat, and people who are overweight or obese ignore the molecule altogether.

Two, I try to drink at least a cup of water before I eat anything and a cup of water while I am eating. It makes you feel fuller and you are supposed to drink 8 cups a day anyways so it's a great way to get those 8 cups in.

A more extreme option you can consider if those don't work is you can take al the junk foods she likes and lock them up in a area only she has access to. Maybe with a key or a pass code only she knows. That way she can eat it when she wants and you simply cannot have access to it at all. For fridge items you may want to invest in like a mini fridge and do the exact same thing. It's more extreme but habits need 3 weeks to break. For three weeks you will !@#$% moan suffer and hate yourself and her. After those 21 days you will wake up and realize that your craving for these foods is almost gone. It's strange how it works but it does.
100 Night Elf Druid
My feeling on the matter is that advice & pouring of hearts should only be done if you can understand that giving advice/pouring your heart out is done freely, with no strings attached, and with no offense taken if the person does not follow your advice/does not understand what you were trying to say/whatever.

My feeling is that every time people have been extremely nice and tried to give firm advice, it ended in someone getting mad and throwing a fit.

Just giving fair warning. :D

i think it's just frustrating to feel like hard-earned wisdom and well thought out advice is going into a void. :*(

--

Can I touch your pickle

You may. *nods regally*
100 Blood Elf Monk
i think it's just frustrating to feel like hard-earned wisdom and well thought out advice is going into a void. :*(

Yeah pretty much this. I love everyone here who is wise and nice enough to try to help people, but I get tired of seeing it fall on deaf ears.

You may. *nods regally*

Can I?
Edited by Mist on 12/1/2013 3:09 PM PST
90 Night Elf Priest
Can I?

No.
100 Night Elf Druid
Bunnylove, your best bet would be something I mentioned earlier in the thread: Take how much you think you will eat, put the rest away, and never keep the container with you.

It's a good way to manage portion control.

yeah, this is a good idea. i've been working on it but i have that whole "eyes are bigger than stomach" problem and eventually your stomach starts to become as big as your eyes think it is. :P hehehehe.

Some things I do. I eat very slowly. Even if I'm hungry I eat really slow and I take small bites and I chew those bites for quite some time. The reason a lot of people over eat is because the molecule that says you are full is often much slower to reach the brain then the speed that people eat, and people who are overweight or obese ignore the molecule altogether.

YES ^^ this I need to do so much. my girlfriend eats SO SLOW and i'm like !@#$ing kirby up in here. my food is gone in like 5 minutes and it takes her 4 times as long to eat half as much. lmao. xD
100 Blood Elf Monk
No.

well I'm gonna.
100 Tauren Priest
I give advice freely cause I don't have my license yet that says I can charge people.

That will come three years from now!

*nods wisely*

I have shed a lot of fat but now I need to build muscle. I need to work out to gain strength cause I don't think I could do a proper push-up right now.

50 pounds is no joke but now I gotta tighten my buns and tummy and legs!
Edited by Rapsidy on 12/1/2013 3:14 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
i hate keeping junk/snacks in the house because i have NO self moderation. if i eat one cookie I WILL EAT ALL THE COOKIES.if i eat one square of chocolate THE WHOLE BAR IS DONE FOR. There is no halfway with me. :P

My husband is the same way. If I buy a bag of chips then you can guarantee that it will be gone less than hour after bringing it home. I have to tell him, "No. That is not for you, don't touch." And he will mumble and grumble but ultimately he knows that its my kitchen. However, I love chocolate and the only he way he won't eat it is if I a) hide it or b) freeze it. I love frozen chocolate. He hates it. I hide my other snacks in a box in my closet stashed behind shoes.
90 Night Elf Priest
12/01/2013 03:11 PMPosted by Mist
No.

well I'm gonna.

That doesn't surprise me.

Ohhhhh mist. =)
100 Goblin Shaman
zZq
I'd do anything for a good Asian meal.

Anything.

Even if it meant never race changing again?
100 Night Elf Druid
12/01/2013 03:13 PMPosted by Ceresc
i hate keeping junk/snacks in the house because i have NO self moderation. if i eat one cookie I WILL EAT ALL THE COOKIES.if i eat one square of chocolate THE WHOLE BAR IS DONE FOR. There is no halfway with me. :P

My husband is the same way. If I buy a bag of chips then you can guarantee that it will be gone less than hour after bringing it home. I have to tell him, "No. That is not for you, don't touch." And he will mumble and grumble but ultimately he knows that its my kitchen. However, I love chocolate and the only he way he won't eat it is if I a) hide it or b) freeze it. I love frozen chocolate. He hates it. I hide my other snacks in a box in my closet stashed behind shoes.

hehehe. yeah chips are bad for me. specifically, spicy chipotle bbq doritos. oh lawdy. it might take me 45 mins to kill a whole bag. might.

i don't like frozen chocolate either. :<

what i've been doing lately is letting my girlfriend serve me dessert in the same portion she has it, like one macaron or one square of a candy bar. that seems to help. i'm way too embarrassed to binge in front of her, all my worst eating is secret-eating. :P
90 Night Elf Monk
12/01/2013 02:36 PMPosted by Naérwen
Psssh I bet you're gorgeous.

oh i'm totally gorgeous. :3 i'm also chubby. I am both of these things!
Edited by Rainbodash on 12/1/2013 3:31 PM PST
90 Human Priest
12/01/2013 03:14 PMPosted by Drownedelf
Even if it meant never race changing again?

Well... anything but that.

And I've been a worgen or 26 whole days!
Edited by Illu on 12/1/2013 3:22 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]