Retribution (4) Set Question.

90 Human Paladin
Hello Paladins,

Now that my work schedule has smoothed out I am able to start raiding again with my guild. We all took a break during this expansion from raiding and just got back a few weeks ago. Last night I got a nice pair of Warforged shoulders, from the protectors that were a big upgrade. I was using LFR tier shoulders before to complete my four set. Should I keep the LFR shoulders just for the four set, or should I keep the warforged shoulders for the added boost in haste, mastery etc.

Thanks, Corey
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Keep the 4 set, it is too huge of a dps increase to drop even over heroic warforged pieces
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Sythirus makes a point in that loosing the 4 set bonus is a DPS loss, but the reality is that its only really a DPS loss when using DS. Personally I'd be swapping out your shoulders for the warforged ones to get the increased stats which will in turn translate to increased damage all the time and more so when you pop your CDs. Maybe keep the shoulders for heavy aoe/cleave encounters like Gal where the DS proc from the 4 set will work for you.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Ignore Vaeljin. Keep the 4set. Divine Storm is still typically 3-5% of my damage on pure single target (more on the many SoO fights that aren't as aoe heavy as Galakras or Spoils but still have multiple things to hit with DS such as Protectors, Norushen, Sha, Shamans, Garrosh for example) using the 4set and Sanctified Wrath.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Without a doubt keep your 4 set t16 even if it is a warforged piece of gear. It would be a net loss overall to lose it even if the gear was heroic. Even then you would need a few pieces to even make up for losing the 4 set. Overall, it just isn't worth the net loss. The 4 set is a pretty nice boost and will start procing considerably more as you increase your haste rating. The more holy power used; the higher the proc happening during a fight.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/27/2013 01:59 PMPosted by Vaeljin
Sythirus makes a point in that loosing the 4 set bonus is a DPS loss, but the reality is that its only really a DPS loss when using DS.

If you have 4 piece, at some point you are always using divine storm.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Jitka I fail to see your point. Balhale and Sarlin make very valid arguements for keeping the 4 set, however swapping a LFR item for a warforged item despite loosing the bonus in my opinion would be beneficial simply due to the increased stats across the board which in turn would make up some for the lost power of DS as well as increasing damage from other abilities. Perhaps it might not be worth it if said item was from flex or normal, however im sure OP wouldn't mind a slight decrease in DS damage to gain elsewhere.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Air
however im sure OP wouldn't mind a slight decrease in DS damage to gain elsewhere.

You're underestimating the 4p especially if it chain procs... though you do need to slaughter a goat to the RNG gods.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
im sure OP wouldn't mind a slight decrease in DS damage to gain elsewhere.

With a 4pT16 proc, DS becomes stronger on ST than TV such that 4pT16 forces DS into our ST rotation. You'd likely have to drop two pieces of LFR 4pT16 for WF - if not heroic - in those slots to make up the lost damage through stats alone. The set bonus is irritating as all unholy hell due to the fairly sketchy proc rate, but there really isn't any way to deny its strength.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/27/2013 07:31 PMPosted by Grôgnárd
im sure OP wouldn't mind a slight decrease in DS damage to gain elsewhere.

With a 4pT16 proc, DS becomes stronger on ST than TV such that 4pT16 forces DS into our ST rotation. You'd likely have to drop two pieces of LFR 4pT16 for WF - if not heroic - in those slots to make up the lost damage through stats alone. The set bonus is irritating as all unholy hell due to the fairly sketchy proc rate, but there really isn't any way to deny its strength.

On the other hand, it feels so damn good when you get to hit DS 10-15 times in a row. :) Did Garrosh with Divine Purpose last week cause we do a stack up in the middle and just nuke everything down throughout all of p1/p2 strat and got such a massive streak of DP/4set procs.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I get so irritated when my 4 set won't proc when killing huge groups, but then decides to go ape-!@#$-proc crazy when there's only one target left.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The 4pc it is a bit of a pain in the butt. I liked it ALOT more in Wrath when DS was already a part of our single target rotation, and was very excited to get my 4 pc in 5.4. But things change, it actually a bit of a PITA to be honest, i would have rather had a free TV. Its just how i have my binds set up, now that we have a aoe and single target rotation and abilities. And for me is has not not proced enough to see it being that great. It has been a bit of a let down for me.

Its fine, it not as great in actual use tho in my opinion. Liek i said it was better in wrath because DS was already a part of our single target rotation.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]