turning off PVP

1 Dwarf Rogue
First of all I never play PVP and know very little about it. I am on a PvE server. I was trying to turn in a quest called "Beasts of Fable Book III" at the Shrine of two Moons, and keep being sent to the graveyard by both Horde and Pandarians. I guess I am assuming my PVP flag is set and I am not going into a hostile area. How do you tell if your PVP flag is set?

I find this extremely irritating, I repeatedly have gotten killed just trying to leave the area after flying into it. A long time ago when I used to play WOW I remember that their was a PvP flag that got set when you went into some areas and it was a simple matter of typing in a command and then waiting 5 min for the flag to be reset.

So in that spirit I typed in "turning off PvP" into Wowhead. What I got back was many links on how to turn experience off! In playing WOW I have come to the understanding that getting experience for killing the opposite faction is different than getting experience for killing mobs and doing quests. I don't want to stop getting experience for doing quests and killing mobs!

So where is the link that tells you how to turn off PVP (for people on PvE servers)?
Reply Quote
I was trying to turn in a quest called "Beasts of Fable Book III" at the Shrine of two Moons, and keep being sent to the graveyard by both Horde and Pandarians

Were you on an alliance character? If so, turn in the quest at the alliance shrine rather than at the horde shrine.

To answer your question about turning off PvP, you can do it via right clicking on your character portrait.
Reply Quote
70 Blood Elf Death Knight
It's in the bar with your character portrait, spellbook etc. One of the icons says PvP when you mouseover it - there should be a disable option in there.

[Um. I don't use the vanilla UI though, so that may not be the same for everyone....]
Reply Quote
Right click your portrait and make sure of you pvp setting there?

Um - I am confused about it requiring you to turn it in at the opposite faction's base, though...
Reply Quote
If you didn't turn your PvP on yourself, then when you're killed there will be a timer that will run out at which point the flag will expire. Unless, of course, you rez and go back into the Horde base and the whole business starts over again.
Edited by Catflinger on 11/29/2013 4:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
I think its the same quest giver at both bases and hes just headed to the yellow question mark.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
From Wowhead, on that quest:

End: Sara Finkleswitch <-- Alliance
Gentle San <-- Horde

Pick the NPC that belongs to your faction to turn in.

If you get near guards of the opposite faction, they will attack you. You will become flagged. That flag will wear off after (I think) five minutes. The PVP flag buff (or debuff, whichever section they put it on) will have the remaining time listed. If you enter an enemy capital, you'll also be flagged.

If you died to guards, simply hang out as a ghost until the buff wears off, position yourself out of aggro range of the guards, and res without the flag on. If you're so far in that you can't rez out of aggro range, just res, die, res, die, etc, until you *can* get out of aggro range. Then let the flag drop and res.

Or just take the hit and res at the spirit healer. Mount up real quick, and head to a friendly flight path. When you get to said friendly flight path, take a taxi to anywhere. Taking a taxi will de-flag you too.
Edited by Belwen on 11/29/2013 4:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
11/29/2013 04:40 PMPosted by Terath
I think its the same quest giver at both bases and hes just headed to the yellow question mark.

Needs to go to the OTHER yellow question mark. Since pet battle quests are account wide, they can be turned in by either faction characters.

Makes it tough for the easily confused (my Allie keeps flying to the Horde shrine instead cuz dumb-and-autopilot).
Edited by Vixie on 11/29/2013 4:52 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]