Resto Druid Advice please!

90 Night Elf Druid
You have tons of spirit. I'd consider dropping about 1k.

Neck Spirit to Mastery

Hands Spirit to Mastery

Belt Spirit to Mastery

And if you have another trinket to replace Horridon's, I'd do that. :) I personally don't like the WG glyph because I like having another WG before SM comes off CD, but that's just a personal thing. Everything else looks pretty good.

Drop any of your crit items when you can. ;p
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
You can drop a bit more spirit for some bonus mastery.

And Horridons last grasp isn't all that bad. At the very least, allows you to run lower spirit.
I was doing heroics with it before group taking the month off and still using Horridons. (largely because Prismatic prison won't drop...ANYWHERE)
Edited by Tonydanza on 11/30/2013 4:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It got nerfed and you'll probably notice a larger healing increase using something else. Heroic Horridon may be okay for a bit but the current trinkets will be a lot better. Even Nazgrim's which is 3.5% of my healing on most fights. Not the best, but it's something.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
From a 25M perspective on the trinkets, I'd only use my Thoks (flex level) on Norushen / Malkorok / Thok over my H TF Horridons. Pretty much every other fight it is just complete and blatent overheal save Seismic IJ.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
Honestly, I raided last night running 12k spirit on the advice I got here, and I am just too wasteful, so I plugged in some more for tonight.

I did get Thok's trinket.... but I gave it up to a guildie as I like Horridon's, hah.

I will adjust those pieces to go back to Mastery and do my best not to be wasteful tonight on Garrosh.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
You should log and post logs.

Actually I found some logs for your garrosh, not trying to pick you apart but to offer some things to focus on.

Make a weakaura for your Harmony so it yells at you. Also, try to use Swiftmend on CD regardless. Harmony uptime is quite poor.

You used innervate 5 times across 13 pulls. (Use 'show percentages' for your mana bar. When it's at 80% mana, use innervate *always* and then use it on CD thereafter, assuming 80% or less mana remaining. (You can hold off using innervate if your a little below 80% if theres an incomming down time, ie Garrosh just pushing to p2, no adds or iron stars? Just sit there afk. Theres nothing to heal)

I'd probably unglyph WG and try to use it on near cd, line er' up with swiftmends SoTF buff; ONLY unglyph it if you are very good at using it on CD, or very nearly on CD.

You may be overusing regrowth and Healing touch. Don't EVER use HT outside of 2pc instant cast. And use regrowth sparringly/only when necessary. I see 21 Regrowths during your longest attempt. Seems excessive. I'm unlikely to go over 5casts/average encounter

You could probably bloom your shroom alot more. I'll get 4-8 of them bloomed when were phased into the spirit realms playing dodge, bloom for every iron star, bloom for every whirling/empowered whirling.
Edited by Tonydanza on 11/30/2013 6:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
Tonydanza that is awesome feedback - THANK YOU! I do try to line up WG with the SOTF buff pretty consistently, but you are right that unglyphing WG might be beneficial to me.

I definitely overuse Regrowth, it's my go-to.

As for HT. I only use it when I need a Nature's Swiftness-HT or 5 stages of Sage Mender.

As it stands, I do have a WeakAura for Harmony, but clear it's not noticable for me.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I use SMend + WGrowth on CD; so basically harmony is always taken care of.

Weak auras for Meta gem proc is also handy...
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
Here's the report from tonight! Let me know how I went please. I did my best to SM-WG constantly. Found myself not splashing Regrowth all over the place.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/w55a68qrpw0c5pkq/
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Looking at your Garrosh kill:

Harmony uptime's a bit low, shoot for 90%+ then keep working toward 100%.

Lifebloom uptime is abysmal. Omen is important for mana management and Lifebloom helps to smooth tank damage, so you want a 3-stack kept up 100% (you also wasted a lot of gcds reapplying it so don't let it fall off).

15 SotF is pretty bad, you could have gotten around 40. Keep Swiftmend on cooldown.

I think you could have gotten a bit more Efflo uptime (like roughly estimated another 200 heals or so). You can replace your mushroom one global after you bloom, and you absolutely should because it does a ton of healing.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
Thanks Truelite :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Our latest Garrosh kill healing as rdruid/disc was 11:07, yours 10:42. 25 seconds of difference allows for 4-5 WGs.

Looking at your kill, you had 599 WG direct hits compared to my 671 (without removing any). Definitely should be using that more.

Rejuv did 24.9% of my healing, 19.7% efflo, and 15.8% WG.
Rejuv was 30.3% of your healing, 13.9% efflo, and 10.6% WG.

Definitely need to be abusing those a lot more. I had 1206 efflo ticks, you had 1042. You're missing out on some heals.

The one main difference is how tranq is 8.0% of your healing and LB is 8.0% of mine with 97.9% uptime. That's how important this spell is to keep up. You're getting omen procs and regrowth is not entirely useless.

I used Swiftmend 28 times, you used it 15. Can make quite a difference since SM procs SOTF.

To give a better look at how much WG makes up of our healing, WG did 12817593 for me, 7656646 for you. 5160947 difference. Kind of huge. ;)

Harmony had 82.7% uptime, but this should be 100%. Even by nourish spamming the tank or using regrowth right before the pull so you have it then. Keep track of that, it's important. I tend to use my omen procs even if no damage is going out on the tank to keep it up and LB if you're awful looking at timers, plus living seed though that doesn't do too much.

Just need to watch the small things and you should be fine. :)
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Harmony uptime's a bit low, shoot for 90%+ then keep working toward 100%.

Harmony had 82.7% uptime, but this should be 100%

MC's and realm changes can skew harmony a surprising amount. If I had to guess, maybe max 10%? :S His new log is at 82% so that's a definite improvement over the 40-60% I saw on old logs.

Looking at your kill, you had 599 WG direct hits compared to my 671 (without removing any). Definitely should be using that more.

His WG usage actually isn't bad, I'm not sure but he may have been using WG glyph still for his newest log, but his uptime on WG is actually quite nice. (his uptime's actually higher than yours and mine:P )

The difference in ticks is actually his failure to use SM on CD. He's not getting enough SotF'd WG's.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
Thanks Tonydanza!

I actually did remove the WG glyph on your advice before the Garrosh kill.

The kill (our first!) was a hell of a lot better than my previous attempts at healing, I felt the difference very noticably. I am sure with practice (this really is a change of mindset for me) and more attention to detail, I will get that Harmony up, more SMs, more WGs.

(btw, I'm not a he. Must be why I am so needy for perfection :P)

Thank you again so much for all of your advice, Tonydanza and Alueim!

I can't wait to get in there next week and go harder and better.
Reply Quote
The 13k Haste breakpoint isn't as effective as many people think. There are a lot of factors that determine weather or not to go for it. I would suggest looking at your raid healers first. Are your healers competitive? Or do they seem to be a little slow to the gun? Another thing is your healing classes that you are taking to a raid. If your raid focuses on quick, snap, strong, and expensive heals, trying for the 13k breakpoint might be the solution. On the other hand, if your raid is consisted of healers who like the longer casts for better efficiency I would recommend staying at the 3k breakpoint and stacking int / mastery.

The 13k breakpoint also hinders your regen. YES regen. A lot of druids are getting gear with Mastery / crit and reforging OUT of spirit to get the extra haste. Leaving them with about 7-8k spirit to work with. That will dramatically affect your regen.

Another issue I see with druids trying this breakpoint is that their mastery also suffers. You still want 11-13k mastery with the breakpoint. Seeing how mastery is our hardest scaling stat(next to int), it wouldn't make much sense to just opt out of it to stack haste.

If you have the resources to do it, it can be a very effective spec. You just need to watch and use your manna wisely.
Edited by Ärlis on 12/4/2013 10:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
Regarding the importance of SM and WG.

Since WG is up almost twice as often as SM, is it more important to keep WG on cooldown and have it going:

SM-WG, WG, SM-WG, WG, SM-WG, WG

or always waiting and doing it with SM?

I am finding there's about a 2 second wait between when SM and WG are up together, if I use WG again when SM is half way through it's cooldown.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You can do that or glyph WG to make its cooldown longer and always do SM+WG.

It's less mana and buttons to press.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I usually do

SM-WG, WG, SM-WG, WG, SM-WG, WG

unless there's downtime in damage, then I don't bother and prefer to rejuv if it's just on 2-3 people.

12/04/2013 10:15 AMPosted by Ärlis
The 13k Haste breakpoint isn't as effective as many people think.

While mastery is generally the go to stat for resto druids, it is important to remember that mastery as a stat is additive and not multiplicative. This means that going from 20% to 21% mastery will yield more throughput than going from 30% to 31% mastery. Because of this, mastery starts to become worse at higher levels. The 13163 breakpoint gives rejuv an extra tick, increasing its healing by 16.7% (slightly more with the T15 4 set). Going from 3043 to 13163 will also cause efflo to heal for 25% more, WG to heal for 25% (14% more with SotF), and LB to heal for 23.5% more. While 21.1% mastery will be lost, since it is additive, the actual throughput loss will be closer to 16%. Therefore, just by looking at ticks gained, 13163 haste appears to be a throughput gain over going for 3043 with mastery.

With that 1% gained from the breakpoints, you're looking at 4% increased healing.

While it may not be recommended at below 540 ilvl, it's definitely the way to go above that and if it's possible to reach that. Druids right now don't need more than approximately 12k spirit and like the quote said, 30% mastery to 31% isn't that big of a gain compared to the 13163.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
The 13k breakpoint also hinders your regen. YES regen. A lot of druids are getting gear with Mastery / crit and reforging OUT of spirit to get the extra haste. Leaving them with about 7-8k spirit to work with. That will dramatically affect your regen.

I would disagree with this. At the 13.1k breakpoint you're getting more Meta and OoC procs which drastically increase our effective regen. The more haste you have, the less spirit you need.

Also, Rdruids only need 12 - 14k spirit (depending on the size of your backpack), which can easily be achieved by a few pieces of spirit gear.

Another issue I see with druids trying this breakpoint is that their mastery also suffers. You still want 11-13k mastery with the breakpoint. Seeing how mastery is our hardest scaling stat(next to int), it wouldn't make much sense to just opt out of it to stack haste.

Incorrect, in order to be a throughput increase you only need 4900 mastery. And yes it does make a lot of sense to opt out of it in exchange for haste. Faster cast, faster GCDs, more regen, more ticks, etc. These are all benefits that "Stack moar mastery" won't give you.

Sure each heal will hit for more, but the longer it takes to heal someone the more likely it becomes that someone else will snipe you. Which ultimately results in wasted mana, not something you want to have in a raid.

EDIT: spelling
Edited by Druidboii on 12/7/2013 10:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid

Incorrect.
My regen is spectacular. More LMG/OoC procs.
Less need for spirit. I'm fairly comfortable with my 12k spirit in a 25m setting. I don't understand the reason for ever needing more.

Mastery suffers. Yes. But, all stats suffer. It's still a healing throughput increase if you can retain 4900 mastery unbuffed.

Ilvl and gear are very important when deciding the most efficient breakpoint. If you have a lot of crit gear, it's going to be worse on you.

550 + ilvl is generally recommended before going to the 13k hbp. The only exceptions are if you have very specific sets of gear.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]