Been out of Action...

100 Blood Elf Paladin
Hi everyone!

Its been a while since I have tried to max my characters damage...I am not sure what I need to focus on anymore. Last I checked haste was a Ret pallies best friend, whats next?

I have pretty decent gear, been joining LFR, and farming trinkets from Timeless Isle and Shado Pan...

Where can I improve? Is there a set rotation now? Any help is really appreciated, thanks all!
Reply Quote
93 Dwarf Paladin
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9753545568

Immediate Truth is an absolutely terrible glyph; remove it ASAP. Harsh Words is pretty bad in almost every situation, too. Gemming's not that great; "hybrid-bias," for lack of a better term, is not good because you're not really gaining the full potential of any stat (more appropriate gemming biases covered in link above). Typically don't want haste on boots if not using PoJ since you don't have a passive speed increase, but it's a relatively minor issue.

For the most part, though, your issue is just of having terrible gear - no set bonuses, no legendary items.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Well damn...

Everyone has legendary items now??! I think I have enough for the 2p t15 bonus...
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
What Grog said mostly.

Harsh Words is pretty bad in almost every situation, too

There are times when it can be useful.

Typically don't want haste on boots if not using PoJ since you don't have a passive speed increase

I can't think of any reason not to use Greater Haste on boots. No matter what type of speed boost the encounter calls for all three of the Tier 15 talents are sufficient on their own without the paltry increase on Pandaren Step.

Only reason I could see to use Step is if you were at the point of keeping your Haste at a certain level and needed to drop some for another useful stat.

11/30/2013 05:26 PMPosted by Arkasus
Everyone has legendary items now??!

Lot of people do but the quest line is a hell of a grind.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 11/30/2013 5:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
93 Dwarf Paladin
11/30/2013 05:29 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
Harsh Words is pretty bad in almost every situation, too

There are times when it can be useful.

Hence the "almost every situation" bit.

11/30/2013 05:29 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
I can't think of any reason not to use Greater Haste on boots.

To each their own, but I personally find Pandaren's Step to be quite the boon with LAotL.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Hence the "almost every situation" bit.

Well situational and bad aren't the same thing. :P

To each their own

Indeed.
Reply Quote
93 Dwarf Paladin
11/30/2013 05:52 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
Well situational and bad aren't the same thing. :P

True, but HW's situational use is so incredibly miniscule as to be bad; I used it on Thok for awhile for progression, but it didn't seem to help nearly as much as using the Holy Power for a heal, or a very careful TV.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]