Is it worth leveling a Paladin without looms?

90 Blood Elf Mage
So, I've always wanted to play a Pally, but since my first toon was my mage, I worked my way up to the cloth heirloom gear. I've only wanted to level up new toons that could wear the cloth looms which is pretty restricting class wise. As the topic says, is it worth it to level up a pally without the heirloom gear? Or should I just spend another two weeks trying to work my way up to half of the plate heirloom set?
Reply Quote
7 Human Priest
Either way works, BoAs are just a bit quicker.

Leveling is ridiculously fast, with or without.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Well that can be asked about any class, and its really up to you and how long you are willing to take to get a toon to max level. It really is not a fast process, with or without heirlooms. The payoff is you will have a very diverse class that fill all three roles very well. You could wait till WoD comes out and make a lvl 90 Paladin, or you can start the process now and get the class figured out before WoD comes out.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Consider also that a holy paladin wearing full cloth heirlooms would be a perfectly solid dungeon healer for the first half of the levelling experience at least.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Either way works, BoAs are just a bit quicker.

Leveling is ridiculously fast, with or without.

Especially if you level prot. Not only can you queue for dungeons very quickly, but all of those "Kill x bears" and "Also collect x of those bears' asses" quests become incredibly easy. Just gather up a ton of mobs, AoE them down, and never feel a thing as they smash helplessley against your shield. Scaling's all kinds of messed up at lower levels, so Prot's Avenger's Shield will be one-shot'ing three mobs at a time all over the place.

I'd switch to Ret once you hit Pandaria, but leveling's really fast either way.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Scaling's all kinds of messed up at lower levels, so Prot's Avenger's Shield will be one-shot'ing three mobs at a time all over the place.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I collected a full set of upgraded heirlooms- chest, shoulders, 2 weapons, 2 trinkets- in about 4 hours of dungeons.

Having them will save you MUCH more time than if you did not, plus you can use them again.

Ret pallies without a good weapon are pure garbage (everything scales off weapon damage).
You'll get destroyed as prot in dungeons.
Holy is boring to level with.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I'm currently leveling my second paladin on a new server and I have no BoAs. You can still level fast through dungeons.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

You'll get destroyed as prot in dungeons.

I solo'd hellfire ramparts from 58-68 in cloth boa's...harder to do than plate yes, but still doable
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]