Thanksgiving Leftovers Thread (Healer OT)

90 Night Elf Priest
1) Be excellent to each other. No one likes a jerk. Don't be a jerk in this thread. No fighting, no put downs, no name calling - or else Reta will beat you with a stick. >:(

2a) The title of the next thread is to be decided by general acceptance before this one caps; try not to overlap with previous ones. Whomever caps the thread should make the new one.

2b) Keep the ToS in mind when deciding on a thread title. This will make it far less likely to be deleted. Also, the title of the thread should always involve food! This is the healer forum and we're weird.

3) Copy and paste these rules and the below list into the first post of the new thread. Add the title of the new thread to the bottom of the list.

Previous Thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10703290331
Archive of previous OT threads: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10161146805

BE NICE. THIS IS OUR HOME.

IRC info: http://outofmana.me/healchatirc
Edited by Naérwen on 11/29/2013 10:15 AM PST
90 Troll Druid
Almost done season one of American Horror Stories.

Moira, why did you have to bite? That's just not right. /sympathypains
Edited by Night on 11/29/2013 10:13 AM PST
90 Pandaren Priest
Darn, I was gonna call it the Thanksgiving Leftovers Thread.

Curse you, Naérwen!
90 Night Elf Priest
I really want to re-do my ui with Elvish elements.

Masque on my icons would be leaves, strung together on a branch. Dark green panels with gold writing. The chat window would be parchment, all fonts would be some form of script. Things that came of CD would come down a beam of light and flash when off CD (as opposed to my numerical timers).

All nameplates would be framed in a bark-like background, and whenever I mouseover a frame, it would highlight with a light gold glow around the boarder.

All of the sounds for alerts would be in Tolkien's Sindarin or Quenya Elvish. I'd pronounce them myself, or derive suitable new words out of the existing syntax.

A girl can dream.

Darn, I was gonna call it the Thanksgiving Leftovers Thread.

Curse you, Naérwen!

Changed, =)
Edited by Naérwen on 11/29/2013 10:16 AM PST
90 Blood Elf Priest
I want pumpkin pie again even though I almost exploded yesterday. everything else I can do without
90 Pandaren Priest
I have a bunch of animal sounds.

Kitten= mindbender
Cat= Rapture
Goat= LMG
Sheep=Evangelism at 5 stacks and AA off CD

On my monk, I have "You will die" whispering in my ear whenever I don't have Guard up.
90 Troll Druid
For a while I had moaning as alerts for procs.
90 Blood Elf Priest
lol that is terrifying.
90 Human Priest
I don't have any sound alerts because my sound is always off so I can listen to sailor moon music while raiding.
90 Night Elf Priest
Rapture = A Snippet of "Killin it" by Kewela where she goes "Rapture" heh
Evangelism = Moan
MB = Warlock Succubus (awww yiss)
LMG= snippet of obscure song that's also relatively naughty/moan from Repo the Genetic Opera.

For a while I had moaning as alerts for procs.

I know all the different moans and can distinguish between them. Not sure if I should be proud of this.
Edited by Naérwen on 11/29/2013 10:20 AM PST
90 Night Elf Monk
11/29/2013 10:03 AMPosted by Naérwen
And yeah, I can't imagine what one would get for 300. My current set up took me about a year to create, little by little. I bought a lot of parts used or found things to salvage at my work (120mm fans, my previous heat sink, etc).

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227510
cheapest thing I found that doesn't have integrated graphics.

According to the reviews/Q&A it can run WOW on medium settings. My computer can do medium settings .... for questing ... not for raiding. No way of knowing how much of an upgrade it would be.

11/29/2013 10:16 AMPosted by Kerias
On my monk, I have "You will die" whispering in my ear whenever I don't have Guard up.

._.
90 Pandaren Priest
OH GOD I MUST HAVE SOUND SNIPPETS OF "CALL ME MAYBE" INCORPORATED INTO ALL MY CDS.
90 Night Elf Priest
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227510
cheapest thing I found that doesn't have integrated graphics.

According to the reviews/Q&A it can run WOW on medium settings. My computer can do medium settings .... for questing ... not for raiding. No way of knowing how much of an upgrade it would be.

Yes I had to build mine. We have some spare parts laying around. Maybe a radeon 5550 somewhere. It shouldn't require a new PSU. If you ever came down you could have it. It's a few years old and while I can't promise miracles, it can run wow on medium with no shadows ina raid environment.

We also have a 7770 somewhere, but I'm not sure if it's faulty.
90 Troll Druid
Algalon "the stars come to my aid" for Star fall.
90 Night Elf Monk
11/29/2013 10:23 AMPosted by Naérwen
Yes I had to build mine. We have some spare parts laying around. Maybe a radeon 5550 somewhere. It shouldn't require a new PSU. If you ever came down you could have it. It's a few years old and while I can't promise miracles, it can run wow on medium with no shadows ina raid environment.

awwww man except i would have no clue how to put it into anything. (story of my life hur hur) Like I know it's not hard, i've watched my dad replace memory and stuff, i just have no idea what i'm doing.
90 Pandaren Monk
TODAY.

IS A GREAT DAY.

c:
90 Night Elf Druid
i dont even know what kind of graphics card I should get. I just know I want one. -_-

--

i have a kitten sound for when i let harmoy drop and a moo sound for mana hitting 80%
90 Night Elf Priest
awwww man except i would have no clue how to put it into anything. (story of my life hur hur) Like I know it's not hard, i've watched my dad replace memory and stuff, i just have no idea what i'm doing.

Hell bring the whole computer with you ^^;

I can show you how to do the basic things if you'd like, actually. Most of it isn't hard but it's a bit intimidating if someone hasn't shown you how things work hands on.

TODAY.

IS A GREAT DAY.

c:

Yes, yes it is.
90 Pandaren Priest
reading my guild's other raiding threads and lmao the 10m hardcore group takes this game way too seriously
90 Night Elf Priest
I dunno. I'd be pretty upset / shaken if I was a 10H raider right now. It's going to be such a huge adjustment. And I know a few people in that guild raid 10H to raid with the small group and have no interest in going to 20 people. The amount of work in maintaining a 20H roster, and the whole feel will change.

I can't say I blame them. People can, and have the right to be, very passionate about their hobbies.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]