GC plays a Holy Priest.

100 Blood Elf Priest
You know that part at the end of raid night when the final boss is dead and you’re done handing out loot and everyone kind of goes their separate ways? Yeah, this is one of those times.

We just came off of a great BlizzCon. We had so many different games to talk about, and we were thrilled at the reception of Warlords of Draenor. It was great to meet or reconnect with so many of you. I love BlizzCon dearly, which makes it so hard to tell you that this will be my last one, or at least my last one up on stage. An opportunity has come my way, and I have made the very tough decision to move on from Blizzard.

I wanted to thank all of you for being a part of this grand quest. I have said a hundred times that having passionate gamers, including the angry ones, is a far better place to be than having a community that doesn’t care. You all care. Like us, you want the game to be the best that it can be. So I ask you to keep on providing your feedback. I promise (and I rarely promise!) that the developers care very much about what you have to say.

I’ll be out there, and I can’t imagine it will be that hard to find me.

Hugs,
Ghostcrawler

P.S. No, you can’t have a pony. Or a moose. Or a mantis shrimp. Or a tardigrade. Or a crab. Keep trying though.

P.P.S. I play a Holy Priest.

taken from mmochampion/blue post.

so why aren't holy priests super duper OP
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Whoa
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Love that dude. Just think, he might have been reading over every single holy vs. disc priest thread in here...for the past 6 years.

He might even recognize all of us who post frequently by our avatars. He might even know what some of us look like in RL!

Going to miss the daily crab updates.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Knowing who said it though it makes me wonder if he's just trolling :p

I still want a pony ...
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Does anyone suddenly see a correlation between him playing a holy priest and him being super pro 25 man or am I just crazy
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
so why aren't holy priests super duper OP

It all makes sense now, it was his wife / girlfriend who played a Mage.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest

Almost certainly.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

I still want a pony ...

Well apparently he still thinks Disc is too versatile for 10 mans with too little mana cost.

Which has a been a problem for how long now?

If he actually does play a H Priest, somehow I doubt he's competing with a Disc Priest on any real level or doing 25 mans where the attributes of Disc aren't nearly as over-powering as they can be on 10 mans.

My Priest has become my welfare toon just because I dislike the current playstyle in Disc but people find out I'm Disc/Holy and want me as Disc...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
11/27/2013 06:45 PMPosted by Talai
or doing 25 mans where the attributes of Disc aren't nearly as over-powering as they can be on 10 mans.

Let me assure you, Disc is every bit as capable of suppressing every other in the raid in 25s as it is in 10s. Especially when there's a) more than one and b) one or more Holy Paladins. :)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
11/27/2013 06:55 PMPosted by Tiriél
or doing 25 mans where the attributes of Disc aren't nearly as over-powering as they can be on 10 mans.

Let me assure you, Disc is every bit as capable of suppressing every other in the raid in 25s as it is in 10s. Especially when there's a) more than one and b) one or more Holy Paladins. :)

That's what I would figure, I've just always heard the mantra where in 25 mans it wasn't much of an issue if there's just one Disc Priest. But I can definitely see if there's more then one class healing with absorbs in any group size, it's going to be a problem with any other healer who does not have that ability at all.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest

it's him telling us holy priests are okay.

as long as there's no disc priest around in the group.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
11/27/2013 07:38 PMPosted by Kitchenslave

it's him telling us holy priests are okay.

as long as there's no disc priest around in the group.

Like that ever happens.

And if it does it usually turns into "why don't you go disc" :p
Edited by Veroicone on 11/27/2013 7:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Ghostcrawler!!! We already miss you! :/
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warlock
GC or not, Absorbs have to be curtailed. Severely. I'm pretty much at the point of unsubbing if they aren't clubbed over the head going into WOD.

Duo healing with a Disc the past two-ish tiers has been annoying enough. Now that we've converted to 25 and the raid leader is a coward and we're often six healing with 2 Disc and 2 Holy Paladins (who both stack up huge IH before the pull) I really don't even try anymore. Nothing I do matters in any way. I usually just try to sneak into balance and get carried in my 552 offspec. Oh and I still don't have a PPP and probably won't even get one of the first 2 that drop if they ever do, so an additional handicap. I mean, why give it to someone just so they can do more overheal than they are already (which is ~85% or better if I actually try to heal, but why try?) - even when it theoretically is a much more massive gain for me than anyone else, and provided a level playing field I easily outperform the others.

All that aside, at the end of the day, absorbs just eliminate too many mechanics and flat out allow extremely sloppy play to go unpunished. On top of the quality of life issues it causes for other healers and a million other ridiculous things.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
GC or not, Absorbs have to be curtailed. Severely. I'm pretty much at the point of unsubbing if they aren't clubbed over the head going into WOD.

Duo healing with a Disc the past two-ish tiers has been annoying enough. Now that we've converted to 25 and the raid leader is a coward and we're often six healing with 2 Disc and 2 Holy Paladins (who both stack up huge IH before the pull) I really don't even try anymore. Nothing I do matters in any way. I usually just try to sneak into balance and get carried in my 552 offspec. Oh and I still don't have a PPP and probably won't even get one of the first 2 that drop if they ever do, so an additional handicap. I mean, why give it to someone just so they can do more overheal than they are already (which is ~85% or better if I actually try to heal, but why try?) - even when it theoretically is a much more massive gain for me than anyone else, and provided a level playing field I easily outperform the others.

All that aside, at the end of the day, absorbs just eliminate too many mechanics and flat out allow extremely sloppy play to go unpunished. On top of the quality of life issues it causes for other healers and a million other ridiculous things.

Unfortunately if they were going to fix something, they would have by now. The numbers are there, the complaints are in unison from the other healing classes - but there's nothing but silence from the blues. Oh well, I started working on the legendary quests for my H Priest. When she gets the gear to absorb all the things I'll switch to Disc. But god knows I can't stand that play style.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Unfortunately if they were going to fix something, they would have by now.

We have not even seen what, if anything, they are changing for WoD for healing. Please, I know it's tempting to predict doom and gloom, but we literally don't know at this point. They may very well be intending to make sweeping changes, and we have to wait until we star getting info about 6.0 to make any claims that they're just "ignoring us" or "aren't going to change anything."

I'm as concerned as you are about the situation, especially given some of the changes that I've seen coming through the pipe. All we can do right now is address those changes based on current information, and wait to hear what they are changing.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
His legacy shall live forever inside every Holy Priest that plays this game. Such legacy is what we know as Chakra and will now be a permanent staple for the years to come to honor this man.

YOU KNOW IT MIGHT BE TRUE. <3
Reply Quote
92 Blood Elf Paladin
I always suspected he played a holy priest.

It's kind of like being the son/daughter of the teacher. They expect more from you and don't want to appear to be giving you preferential treatment.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk

Going to tweet whoever is replacing GC to keep absorbs
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
11/27/2013 08:09 PMPosted by Eleäzaras
I'm pretty much at the point of unsubbing

What a shame that would be...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]