Troll/Worgen moonkin placeholder or final-

85 Troll Druid
I'm kind of disappointed. I'm definitely changing to troll just because the racials are better. I was really hoping the troll moonkin form would be something a bit more colorful to match the other forms.

Don't get me wrong orange and black is pretty cool but I was hoping for something a bit more colorful and customizable.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
No tusks on the Troll moonkin??

/sad panda
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid

/sad panda

Only because there is no pre existing moonkin model with tusks that they could have copy / pasted.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Can I pay and get my moomkin form switched to the hatchling model please? More polygons is yummy!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Well I'll just add trolls with antlers to the list of things I don't get about druids and this xpac (the other major one being wolfpeople druids).
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid

/sad panda

Only because there is no pre existing moonkin model with tusks that they could have copy / pasted.

/sadder panda.
Blizz can be so lazy when it comes to druids... we're STILL using the placeholder model for travel form... it was supposed to be a stag... ever wonder why the icon for it is a hoof?
Reply Quote
84 Troll Druid
I mean on my god, really? The copypaste of the hinterland moonkin? Yeah cause horde's troll druid are from the Witherbarck that makes SENSE! The worgen one at least got a reskin but I mean really? Antler on a troll? And on a worgen?..
Reply Quote
84 Troll Druid
Oh and I dont want to be flaming blizzard because I know they do alot of work and do things fine. But concerning a model and a skin, with a mecanic that is already in place. I can do that in a single evening and some people already did alot of great stuff like recolor for travel / flight form etc. I dont see how someone who is doing 40h/week cant be able to fit this in his schedule. Even if they dont, alot of devoted fan already do this and have to use illegal model editing to see them. I am more than sure if blizz would send an email to the creator and ask him if they could use their model ingame and they gladly accept. I know its not a solution but I just cant get over how some stuff is just too easy to do and they never see the light. Recolor for flight form is a simple editing that takes about 3minutes per recolor and since the color changing with hair or fur mecanic is already ingame, maybe like 30 min to reuse the code on that.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Chiming in with the disappointment of the rest here. I was anticipating these to be placeholders until the new moonkin forms were designed, but with the fact that a Blizzard rep has said "Final!" leads me to believe that, not only are they not planning to redesign any of them any time soon, but they are very pleased with their recolors.

At least cat and bear got minor model changes though they share the same basic model (troll and night elf, worgen and tauren). But moonkin is a simple recolor, which is very disappointing to say the least.

I implore the designers, please, put moonkin redesign near the top of your list. The form now sticks out like a sore thumb amongst the other beautiful and recently-prettified forms. Add to that the fact that the new druid races were assigned mere recolors, it makes me a lot less excited to roll my troll moonkin in Cataclysm.
Reply Quote
The fact that people are excited about the most trivial of changes to an already -OUTDATED- model should go to show just how much Moonkin form needs to be rejuvenated.

That's an incredibly good point.

I keep holding my breath for 5 new color combos for each class, like what ferals have access to. And I keep getting disappointed with every beta patch and developer conversation. I'd change to troll just for something different, but the red color is literally blinding.

I'm going to stick with tauren, we're the only unique moonkin right now.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Anyone else remembers them saying that travel form and aquatic form would get new models before moonkin? Well, there wouldn't be a point of making new troll and worgen models when they have to re-do all the moonkin forms in the future anyways.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Anyone else remembers them saying that travel form and aquatic form would get new models before moonkin? Well, there wouldn't be a point of making new troll and worgen models when they have to re-do all the moonkin forms in the future anyways.

So why then did they say "Final!" instead of "Temporary until redesign"?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
The fact that people are excited about the most trivial of changes to an already -OUTDATED- model should go to show just how much Moonkin form needs to be rejuvenated.

It is always a major slap in the face to shapeshift out of Dire Bear or Cat Form into Travel/Moonkin form and sharply have the extreme differences thrust upon you. Every time.

to the top part not really. the one they have picked for the trolls is just a good color and just works, it could use tusks but other then that it looks good.

I however am not a fan of the worgen one =/
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I also agree with the boomkin and travel form needing a graphic update.

It seems raptors and saber mounts got a slight update
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
TBH? I was really torn between my moonkin and my ele shaman for cata, and now I'm REALLY glad I spent the last month getting this dude epic flying/tradeskills/netherdrake rep instead of killing LKs on the druid. I <3 my boomkin, but if I have to deal with boring troll forms? A lot of the joy of boomkin-ing wanders away
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Cool Story Blizz way to half-ass an entire character model. If I wanted to see troll/worgen moonkin forms i'll go sit in winterspring and hinterlands and stare a while.

I was insulted enough when the moonkin forms were not updated with the feral models but this is just a dagger in the back. I've been playing my druid for quite some time and i keep telling myself "hey, soon I wont have to stare at this down-syndrome chicken/owl that i could have made with crayon, when cata comes out."

I'll mark this up on my blizzard fails list along with my 20,000 UDE points that are essentially toilet paper now.

Sincerely a loyal pissed off customer.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
I like the NE moonkin model AND the reskin

Things just get better and better for my troll druid
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Well wait, nelf moonkin have antlers because the nelf race in lore grows antlers as a sign of them being all uber with druidic ways (malfurion, broll, etc). And there is a theory that Trolls are the ancestors of nelfs. Maybe this is just further proof.

I can't explain the Worgen sharing the model. Yes they learn from the nelfs, but really?

Maybe because the Worgen are suffering a curse that they have because some druids went insane in wolf form?

But that seems like it's a stretch, a racial characteristic being passed on through an augmentation of a curse that doesn't bestow the full power of the original. I.e. worgen are worgen because of a druid and then argul, but clearly they aren't druids by default they must seek training. Seems a bit like if I got a blood transfusion from an asian and then started calling myself asian american.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
They are going to redo the models, just not in time for Cataclysm.

Tree and Moonkin forms are still something we'd like to do, but it's something for a bit further in the future. We are aware these are things that people would like to see additional customization for.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=17367879395&sid=1&pageNo=7#123

However, they have acknowledged that it will be difficult because while there is a vocal number of players who hate the form (or just aren't thrilled by it), there are also a lot of people who like it.

Q. Is there any ETA on tree / moonkin form graphical update?
A. Moonkin is hard because Moonkin players are so in love with that form. It's tough to change it at all. We currently hope to do a new tree form for Cataclysm, but no promises.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=23425524394&sid=1&pageNo=1#1

"It's tough" != "we decided not to do it."

I read the "Final!" answer in a different way. I see the question as "Are they placeholders on the PTR - will they change when Cataclysm comes out?" ie - like Tree Form is getting its new graphic not now, but at release - the old Ent remains a placeholder. The PTR is full of placeholders. It's not a huge stretch to think that the reskins were also placeholders.

The "final" answer to me is "this is how they will look when Cataclysm ships," NOT "expect your Moonkin to look like this forever."
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]