How to enchant your heirlooms in 5.0.4

(Sticky)

8 agi/dodge to cloak now learned ^_^ so add me to the list please.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
My enchanter, Oní (Forsaken Priest) has almost all of the BoA enchants. However, it's best to reach me on my Shaman, Onijitsu.

I'm still looking for +4 to chest. (Contact me if you have one to sell!) And I need to work up the rep for agility to bracers, from the Caverns of Time.

---

Regarding the use of Daggers for Hunters... I found the above item a tad confusing. Hunters cannot dual-wield daggers, so far as I know. Although I like the +Hit and +Crit of the Dagger, as well as its straight-up Agility, I ended up choosing the two-hander Axe. This, even though it had STR/Stam, because STR still benefits AP, Stam benefits in BGs as well as your general survivability, and lastly because I was able to put on a 2H agility enchant (+25) which was better than the 1H agility enchant (+15). And, well... the 2H axe is as big as my Goblin Hunter is. Somehow that's hugely amusing. ;-)

I also ended up going with the Rogue's chest, because of the +Hit.
Edited by Onijitsu on 3/24/2011 5:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue

Regarding the use of Daggers for Hunters... I found the above item a tad confusing. Hunters cannot dual-wield daggers, so far as I know.

Hunters gain the dual wield ability at level 20 and can use two daggers.

Although I like the +Hit and +Crit of the Dagger, as well as its straight-up Agility, I ended up choosing the two-hander Axe. This, even though it had STR/Stam, because STR still benefits AP, Stam benefits in BGs as well as your general survivability, and lastly because I was able to put on a 2H agility enchant (+25) which was better than the 1H agility enchant (+15). And, well... the 2H axe is as big as my Goblin Hunter is. Somehow that's hugely amusing. ;-)

There's a perfectly good agility 2h weapon if you must go that route. http://www.wowhead.com/item=48718

I also ended up going with the Rogue's chest, because of the +Hit.

You'll be gimping yourself later if you take a leather item. Classes gain the armor specialization ability at level 50. http://www.wowhead.com/spell=86538

-edit-

Oni, while I won't try to guess which enchants you consider almost all, if you provide a list of which enchants you do know I would be happy to list you. Also added you tag.
Edited by Françoise on 3/24/2011 8:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
21 Night Elf Hunter
You'll be gimping yourself later if you take a leather item. Classes gain the armor specialization ability at level 50
that right there... makes me hate the stupid armor specialization buff >.< I personally dislike how the hunter shoulders and helm looks.. and because I already had the rogue stuff lol.. I am using that for as long as I can lol..

otherwise great guide.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
So with the new heirlooms from 4.1 and new stat mechanics in 4.2, it seems needed to point out that agility will do nothing for tanks. The new tanking heirlooms should get +100 health in 4.2+ not +4 all stats, and tanks will want dodge IF it still works over subtlety. Dodge was reportedly changed in the patch notes for 4.0.6 to not work on items below level 35, but I've not bothered to test this change. It is likely though the enchant does not work on heirlooms.

Also tanking heirlooms are not linked in this post, yet, I will update it in a bit as I am going back to bed now, but there is a 1H sword, a hat, a cloak, a breastplate, and of course shoulders. You can buy the old slot heirlooms (sword/chest/shoulders) from champion seal vendors as well, even though they were added in 4.1.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Guide updated. Dodge does NOT work on low level items anymore, as per patch notes. Please let me know what you think, and if you feel that a section on armor for various classes specs would be needed, or if other players would find this obvious. I could note that armor types scale, for example mail armor is leather for hunters and shamans (only) under 40.

Ok, I looked through it, stats have certainly changed with armor. I will be adding a section on shoulder armor selection for class/spec. I feel chest armor, trinkets, helms etc are fairly obvious. I will not recommend using an armor type outside your most powerful type, for example that paladins use cloth, EVEN if it might be somewhat better at specific levels.
Edited by Françoise on 6/2/2011 5:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
One question that I think it should be within the FAQ: since most of enchants make an item soulbond, is this also valid for the BoAs?
Edited by Shenlong on 6/13/2011 3:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
06/13/2011 02:56 AMPosted by Shenlong
One question that I think it should be within the FAQ: since most of enchants make an item soulbond, is this also valid for the BoAs?

No, but IIRC all those inscriptions/profession perks now have level requirements and/or profession skill requirements. A character must meet these requirements to gain the benefit. The account bound item will not be soulbound though and can still be mailed to characters on that server on the same account.
Reply Quote
Q_Q dodge be broked?!?!?!?!?!!

what happened to having my lvl 14 lock with 30% dodge from the 3 dodge to bracers and 8 to cloak xD(couldnt find the mats for 5 to bracers or it would have been more like 35%)

as long as they dont change haste... I am contented.

(also.. have you taken the Iron Counterweight into consideration for say... ferals /ret ?) I know at low lvl it is stupid high(my highest haste to date was 109% with +haste to gloves) but that drops after about lvl 16 to about.... 50 ish haste(havent tried it on a higher lvl toon though but its something to look into perhaps)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue

(also.. have you taken the Iron Counterweight into consideration for say... ferals /ret ?) I know at low lvl it is stupid high(my highest haste to date was 109% with +haste to gloves) but that drops after about lvl 16 to about.... 50 ish haste(havent tried it on a higher lvl toon though but its something to look into perhaps)

I did. I decided not to list it as it wasn't effective throughout the leveling process. 1 primary stat basically > 1 secondary stat for classes that can use them in general. Obviously at very low levels this isn't the case but yea.
Reply Quote
perfect for the person who does the new 'permanent lvl 20 account' thing to twink.. =P
Reply Quote
20 Undead Rogue
Finally found a twink page for enchants and etc... nice job on that >:D this is my very old (was) 19 twink from BC and TY once again for posting that working on a new twink now.
Reply Quote
83 Undead Hunter
I noticed that there was nothing for Shoulders. If your doing Heirlooms then you probably have an 85 with rep up. Buy the Level 60 should enchants from Aldor/Scryer and put them on till 70 and keep doing this for shoulders and also head for when those enchants are available.
Reply Quote
could also use the (often forgotten) armor kits for +stam to shoulders/head. (8-10 works at 60-70ish if I remember right...)

as for the BoA rings/pants... leg armors once again will be making appearances! WOOT! lol.. (though enchanting the rings prolly doesnt work, although it will look cool when linked =P)
Edited by Taggthemage on 10/29/2011 5:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
This is amazing, thank you so much for posting this! I'm not the best with enchants (i have very few and most were donations out of pity) so this was extremely helpful- i can now roll my shammy!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Thanks a ton I have been trying to figure out what the best I should use for my heirlooms would be.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
Regarding the use of Daggers for Hunters... I found the above item a tad confusing. Hunters cannot dual-wield daggers, so far as I know. Although I like the +Hit and +Crit of the Dagger, as well as its straight-up Agility, I ended up choosing the two-hander Axe. This, even though it had STR/Stam, because STR still benefits AP, Stam benefits in BGs as well as your general survivability, and lastly because I was able to put on a 2H agility enchant (+25) which was better than the 1H agility enchant (+15). And, well... the 2H axe is as big as my Goblin Hunter is. Somehow that's hugely amusing. ;-)I also ended up going with the Rogue's chest, because of the +Hit.

The AP from strength is melee attack power that is not good at all for a hunter and you loose 5% agi by using the leather chest.
Reply Quote
the 5% agility is negligable at lower levels... (and i actuallly knew a 'hardcore' boomkin at 85 that was wearing a cloth piece because it's stats beat the 5% boost..) but otherwise yeah..

since STR became only 1 AP per point for agi users, and agi became one per point for STR users... just get the agi to wep... though I am curious how this will affect hunters once they remove the ability to actually wield weapons..(other than a bow/gun/crossbow)

edit:(when the boomkin got a leather version of that cloth item... he put the leather on instead I believe.)
Edited by Taggthemage on 11/16/2011 10:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
Excellent guide! Thanks for all the help in getting my DK up and runnning!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]