How to enchant your heirlooms in 5.0.4

(Sticky)

82 Tauren Death Knight
+4 to stats now has a level requirement :(
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Which is better for a priest alt? +100 mana or +100 health? The mana can let you place a shield over you so it seems better. Same question for 29sp vs +22 int. Also, I am exalted with thorium brotherhood and have enchant. I also have the Agility ones.
Reply Quote
imo for leveling ....... either =P hp or mana(survive an extra hit or two early on... vs a spell or two or so...)

as for weapon enchant..

22 int is now the superior enchantment. you get crit(high crit early on, balances out but still worth it) extra mana, spellpower(22-26 i believe? + more once you get the 5% stat increase at 40 or 50) versus just 29 sp.

Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
01/19/2012 06:38 PMPosted by Jadin
+4 to stats now has a level requirement :(

No, it doesn't.

02/01/2012 01:39 PMPosted by Coupdegrâce
Which is better for a priest alt? +100 mana or +100 health? The mana can let you place a shield over you so it seems better. Same question for 29sp vs +22 int. Also, I am exalted with thorium brotherhood and have enchant. I also have the Agility ones.

I'll add you sometime soonish, sorry quarter's been hell for me.
Reply Quote
wonder if/how the removal of mana from the Intellect stat will affect the BoA enchants..

GL on your Quarter!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
wonder if/how the removal of mana from the Intellect stat will affect the BoA enchants..

GL on your Quarter!

Quite certain it will. 330 mana is one of the big advantages from this thing and I doubt w/e crit 22 int grants will outweigh 8 more spellpower. I'll have to test it though.

Also my quarter was hell, but one more final to go. Then I'm going to sleep for a week and see a doctor finally.
Reply Quote
yeah.... Thought I had all the requirements to transfer to a Tech college for their piloting program... but found out I was... ONE STUPID MATH CLASS SHORT X_X and... the college I am attending didn't offer that class this quarter... or over the summer.. So I am on a break till Fall... Q_Q

ALSO! I wonder IF they will finally add the BoA legs and rings with the coming of MoP (the items have been data-mined since... early Cata I believe, just never implemented.)
Edited by Taggthemage on 6/4/2012 1:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Added updates regarding spellpower int conversion. I didn't talk about monks yet. Need to update FAQ and lists.

-edit-
legs yes, rings: I don't see them yet.
Edited by Françoise on 9/9/2012 8:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
Considering the 5.0.x mana caps, would spirit be a better choice on a healer weapon? Specifically "Enchant Weapon - Mighty Spirit" +20 spirit?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
I do not believe so Vancort as spirit only provides mana regen which.... basically never runs out as it is while leveling (unless you are hard casting on a particularly tricky dungeon fight with lots of people being hit)

the extra spellpower means you do not need to use as much mana so you do not need that extra regen. (top use a priest as an example : to keep that dps at full hp needs only one renew cast to keep him/her topped off versus two or three. )

go go spellpower!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Hi everyone, I'm looking forward to leveling my monk.
I was trying to get the Honor Hierloom Swords that give a chance on hit for an extra attack. I was thinking of enchanting both with Mongoose. Would it be possible?
Can i perhaps use the weapons only at level 35? I wouldn't mind that.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Hi everyone, I'm looking forward to leveling my monk.
I was trying to get the Honor Hierloom Swords that give a chance on hit for an extra attack. I was thinking of enchanting both with Mongoose. Would it be possible?
Can i perhaps use the weapons only at level 35? I wouldn't mind that.

Heirloom items may only be enchanted with enchants that have no level requirement, irrespective of your character's level. You should use +15 agility(1h) +25 agility (2h) or fiery weapon for a budget enchant. Monks gearwise behave like druids. The sword is also unique-equipped so you may only use one.
Reply Quote
37 Night Elf Hunter
I thought all base stats converted like this:
Agility: 1 Agi = 2 Attack Power (for Rogues, Feral/Guardian Druids, Hunters, Enhancement Shamans and now Brewmaster/Windwalker Monks)

Strength: 1 Str = 2 Attack Power (for Paladins, Death Knights, and Warriors)

Intellect: 1 Int = 2 Spellpower (for Priests, Holy Paladins, Balance/Resto Druids, Elemental/Resto Shamans, Warlocks, Mages, and now Mistweaver Monks)

Has this changed or have I been completely wrong about the conversions of base stats? :P
Reply Quote
60 Gnome Mage
well.. that is mostly true except for the spellpower I believe,

but Agi and Int also provide crit while STR doesn't add anything

(if memory serves)
Reply Quote
60 Gnome Mage
They should be adding BoA shields next patch (I say should, as... it is ptr and anything can happen)
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Awesome post! and to the moderator that will try to tell me I am necro'ing get off my tail
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
So with the changes to enchantments on heirloom gear coming in patch 5.4 it would seem that this thread will soon be obsolete.
Reply Quote
60 Night Elf Druid
This thread is always my first stop when enchanting heirlooms. Would love to see an update for today's patch (5.4).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]