Bacon of Light

90 Dwarf Paladin
Wait, does it even matter? 5 minutes is long enough. Heaven forbid you get a timer or something to keep track of Beacon to refresh it when it falls off.

But but
30 SECONDS SEALS WERENT LONG ENOUGH, SO THEY BUFFED IT TO 2 MINUTES. BUT 2 MINUTE SEALS WEREN'T LONG ENOUGH EITHER SO NOW THEY'RE 30 MINUTES, WHY CANT THEY BE INFINITE TOO I MEAN ITS NOT LIKE 30 MINUTES IS ENOUGH TIME GOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD CHZBRGR

wtb seal swapping again. =(

The inherent problem with that line of thinking, though, is that paladins are not who they started out to be. We were intended to be a defensive buffing class, so constant blessings were all we did and it made sense. Since we are now tanks, healers and (once again lame) DPS, we are being asked to keep buffs up while performing another role. Do you think for a minute that mages would love it if they needed to deal damage and buff AI every 2 minutes? Or pally tanks, for that matter, needing to buff themselves with RF every two mins? Doubt it. All Im saying is that Cataclysm is adding a lot more chance for error, which is fine. But, lets do away with the trivial items that make healing harder than it has to be.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Yay they listened! You guys can thank me later.

Holy
Beacon of Light now lasts 5 minutes, up from 60 seconds.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Bacon is an active buff, not a passive like kings or might or whatever. Short duration makes sense.

It's like having a second target on your heals, they want you to think about where you're putting it, not just fire and forget.

They are addressing quality of life issues by giving a nice comfy 5 minute duration, don't spoil it by complaining that it isn't enough....
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Very rarely did I ever keep Beacon on a single target for more than 60 secs, even before all the talent changes. Much too powerful of a tool to keep on one person. The glyph is cool now but I wish it was around when Beacon cost 10% of base.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]