I miss frost tanking

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
There, I said it. I miss my howling blast and unbreakable armor, and stacking elemental resist.
And
I
Miss
My
Dual
Wield

Would it really have been so hard as to give dks a druid style of talents? take a look at the mastery on feral form, it affects cat and bear! why not do that for 'if your in blood/frost' presence? I think moving all items to blood has been a bit of a cheap n easy move imo, death knights original niche was that they could do anything any style, now they're just funneled into 'the only way to do things'.

More role play in mmorpg please.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Yeah, I was super bummed out when they first announced this. They decided to give DKs a dedicated tanking spec and ignored that for all intents and purposes it already had one in frost.

A lot of people did blood tanking, sure. But the lion's share were frost, and in my opinion Frost was far and away the stronger between the two.
Reply Quote
83 Night Elf Death Knight
Yeah, I was super bummed out when they first announced this. They decided to give DKs a dedicated tanking spec and ignored that for all intents and purposes it already had one in frost.

A lot of people did blood tanking, sure. But the lion's share were frost, and in my opinion Frost was far and away the stronger between the two.

Not true at all. In patch 3.3, Blood was far superior to frost in everything except aoe threat. The vast majority of all tanks that raided were blood, as it was the best tree to tank with. The self healing mechanics also go very well with tanking.
Reply Quote
82 Draenei Warrior
The problem wasn't giving DKs a druid style of talents, it was giving them three druid styles of talents that all had to be balanced. Let's face it, aside from heroics, if you wanted to tank as a DK in the last two tiers of content, you were blood, period. Blood DPS (From what I've seen) hasn't been terribly viable since ToC.
Reply Quote
80 Human Death Knight
I enjoy blood tanking, but I do miss frost. Rest in peace my old spec, you saw me through many dungeons.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
They just miss the easy mode AoE - Now you actually have to tank...

Instead of QQ about it, L2Blood or go frost DPS.

Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
They just miss the easy mode AoE - Now you actually have to tank...

Instead of QQ about it, L2Blood or go frost DPS.

This is the big one for most. They cry not realizing how good they have it compared to other tanks right now.
Edited by Kalle on 11/18/2010 5:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
Let's face it, aside from heroics, if you wanted to tank as a DK in the last two tiers of content, you were blood, period..

...No? I did early icc comfortably as frost dw, I couldn't stand bloods chocked awkward rotations, I did fine in frost.
Reply Quote
82 Draenei Warrior
To tell you the truth I tanked very effectively as 2H Frost in ICC,and 5 mans were a dream. What they need to do is take the snap aggro effect we had for Howling Blast give it Blood Boil, and glyph it so that we can pop up that Plague Strike disease.

Though I'd settle for that Runestrike fix we were promised for 4.03 (not 4.03a), yes the blue text did indeed say 4.03not 4.03a.

I would like to point out that blood's main strong point over frost is its survivability and you didn't do any relevant hard hitting bosses before 30% buff when those differences became much less.
Reply Quote
Will of the Necropolis single-handedly assured that Blood was the tanking spec for any dangerous content.

It used to have a giant cooldown single-handedly assuring that you'd die as blood.
thought you ought to know, blood wasn't always, and in my opinion never was on top of tanking.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Nexsus - that statement there tells me you have no idea what you're talking about. If you werent blood, you weren't the progression tank.

Blood was always the top end tank spec - that's why they made blood the tank spec. I mean, if frost was better, why not make frost the tank spec in 4.0? Hmmmmmm?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
Will of the Necropolis single-handedly assured that Blood was the tanking spec for any dangerous content.

It used to have a giant cooldown single-handedly assuring that you'd die as blood.
thought you ought to know, blood wasn't always, and in my opinion never was on top of tanking.

And your opinion is worth? How much research? Experience? Show the numbers that beyond threat that it provided more survival. Blood had more health and more survival.

Heck, with the changes coming to blood, it almost plays like frost, minus HB (which is the whole reason most people are saying they liked it).

Edit: I am not trying to be mean. I just want you to prove to me that it was the more, or even equally viable, option in raids.
Edited by Kalle on 11/18/2010 5:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
Nexsus - that statement there tells me you have no idea what you're talking about. If you werent blood, you weren't the progression tank.

Blood was always the top end tank spec - that's why they made blood the tank spec. I mean, if frost was better, why not make frost the tank spec in 4.0? Hmmmmmm?

This statement here tells me that you dkabyrr, have no idea what you are talking about.
Blood became the end all tanking spec because of the over dependance of stamina in the end, and your post only supports your "there is only one way of doings things".

Let me make something absolutely clear, yoou do not pay my subscription. you have no say in how I play, or indeed how others should, it is for this reason I'm continueing dual wield tanking, and if you don't like I encourage you to the direct of the ignore list, because that's where most of the obscenity spouting elitists find themselves.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Exactly kalle - they just like the huge Wotlk AoE pulls and AoE dps numbers.

Those days are over folks - be glad that you don't have that AoE anymore - youd break the required CC in the new content
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
I don't think I used obscenity dude - wow umadbro?

Go outside and get some sun...
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
Blood became the end all tanking spec because of the over dependance of stamina in the end, and your post only supports your "there is only one way of doings things".

Um... EH v. Avoidance in Wrath content? That is the Blood v. Frost situation. EH was king of wrath, and looking to again be king in cata.

And if you think that was an insult from DKabyrr, you know nothing, I'm sorry. Are you going to ignore all the regular DK tanks on the forum? Lichloathe? Anoth? Aro? Dos? personally you can put me on ignore, I'll still be here trying to help and learning from those I listed and the many others I have not the time to waste listing for you.
Edited by Kalle on 11/18/2010 5:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
I'll drop groups with a dual wielding dk tank - just too much fail there and definitely not worth the repair bills to help someone L2P...
Reply Quote
82 Draenei Warrior
This statement here tells me that you dkabyrr, have no idea what you are talking about.

Let me make something absolutely clear, yoou do not pay my subscription. you have no say in how I play, or indeed how others should, it is for this reason I'm continueing dual wield tanking, and if you don't like I encourage you to the direct of the ignore list, because that's where most of the obscenity spouting elitists find themselves.

See, this just makes you come across as someone who knows they're wrong and refuses to admit it. When you have the Lich King meleeing for 40k on normal mode, you need as much stamina and armour as possible.

Nobody's saying you can't do things your own way, but if you wanted to succeed at difficult bosses, you had to be blood because blood was the only way you could survive.

Also, the CD on WotN was removed in 3.3.3
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]