Worgen Rogue Racial?

13 Undead Warlock
I plan on rolling a worgen rogue for cata. I was just wondering if the worgen racial put sprint on a CD?
Reply Quote
this is like the the third thread asking this question... do any of you not read mmo champion or other patch notes? Yes it shares a CD with sprint plus it has been nerfed to 40% speed. Worgen is now officially the worst rogue race on wow before it is even out.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
I don't know about the worst race. 1% crit is pretty substantial for PvE.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
this is like the the third thread asking this question... do any of you not read mmo champion or other patch notes? Yes it shares a CD with sprint plus it has been nerfed to 40% speed. Worgen is now officially the worst rogue race on wow before it is even out.

does it put the full min on cd or just just 30s?
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
TBI

does it put the full min on cd or just just 30s?

I doubt its like wotf
Reply Quote
Puts the full min on the CD.

And how is 1% to crit as a racial any good for PvE? We get so much damn crit already that getting 1% crit from a racial is probably the least useful stat for us by a long shot.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
I will show you how it's good with the POWER OF MATH!

For this, I'll be using the level 85 combat ratings, found here:
http://elitistjerks.com/f15/t29453-combat_ratings_level_85_cataclysm/

Similarly I'll be using the current Assassination stat weights from Aldriana here:
http://elitistjerks.com/f78/t97234-cataclysm_rogue_changes/p56/#post1799352

Now, you'll note that crit rating itself is actually a terrible stat for us. However a lot of that is because we get so little per rating. It takes 179.28 crit rating to make 1% of crit at 85. Conversely, it takes 128.05701 haste rating for 1% of haste.

So, as a worgen rogue, Viciousness (1% crit racial) is like having free 179.28 crit rating. Using the current assassination weightings, that is:
179.28 * 0.89 = 159.5592 equivalent points.

Compare this to the weapon specializations from the other Alliance races which give 3 expertise only if they're using the correct weapon.
3 * 30.0272 * 1.32 = 118.907712 EP
So not only is Viciousness stronger, but it's a lot more universal since it's not tied to a weapon type.

Now, let's compare Viciousness with Time is Money, the 1% haste racial. Now the text on the goblin racial says "Cash in on a 1% increase to attack and casting speed." The first question is, does this affect resource regeneration like haste rating does? I don't know. It may not, but let's just assume it's OP and it does. That would mean goblins would basically get 128.05701 haste rating from their racial.
128.05701 * 1.21 = 154.9489821 EP
So, even if we assume that the goblin racial effects energy regen, it is still not as good as the 1% crit.

Orcs get 1169 attack power for 15 seconds every 2 minutes.
That is an average of 1169 * (15/120) = 146.125 attack power if you can remember to use it. Which means it's 146.125 EP, although truthfully if may be a bit more powerful than that if you remember to hit it on CD and time it with other CDs.

Trolls get 20% attack speed for 10 seconds on a 3 minute CD.I'm pretty sure this doesn't increase energy regen and I don't have the weight of a pure attack speed increase handy. However I do know that this is up there as far as racials go.

So as you can see it's definitely the best straight damage PvE racial that you can get in the Alliance. A few of the Horde racials may overtake it, but I'm not sure. Worgen, Goblin, Orc, and Troll are probably all pretty close.

A combat Orc with axes would probably receive the most benefit from from his/her racials. A goblin probably wins in the utility/PvP department. But if we are talking straight PvE damage that is universal across specs and weapon types, worgen is very strong.

Mathed!
Edited by Bowien on 11/20/2010 8:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
Thats 179 crit rating I'd like to reforge all of into a lot less useless stat when I already have 50% crit unbuffed. Yeah, 179 crit rating at level 85 from a racial is a lot but there really basically is no difference between 50% crit and 51% crit. I only see it being good before people start getting good gear.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
Keep in mind that at 85 your crit is going to drop like a rock.
I think someone had said that they were ~20% crit at 85 in Heroic Blues. I can't remember when I was last that low.
Edited by Bowien on 11/20/2010 12:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
Keep in mind that at 85 your crit is going to drop like a rock.
I think someone had said that they were ~20% crit at 85 in Heroic Blues. I can't remember when I was last that low.

I understand it being good then,like I already said. I don't see it being good end-game is what I was trying to get at.

aww posted to late :(

Hyru = Terrible. There we go

Yeah, I know I'm a baddie.
Edited by Hyru on 11/20/2010 1:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
Bowien for president
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
I will show you how it's good with the POWER OF MATH!

Awesome.
Edited by Montster on 11/20/2010 1:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
Crit will only become more valuable if they add some more talents to proc energy off of crits. Otherwise, we will only being adding crit if can't add mastery, and we are having energy capping problems from haste (hello combat rogues). I can see the energy problem actually happening in the later tiers.
Reply Quote
38 Night Elf Rogue
I read on one of the last wowhead comments regarding Darkflight that it did not share a cooldown with sprint/dash. Now I see people saying it does. I will be so annoyed if it shares cooldowns on beta and stays that way for release.

I just checked to make sure and yes it would be the only active racial of all 12 races to be rendered completely obsolete by class abilities.

Yes, some racials in some situations are somewhat trivialized or deminished like gift of the naaru on a healer or shadowmeld on a rogue. But not completely useless thanks to a class ability that shares the racial cooldown but does it better.

It might seem like something silly to overreact about. But coupled with the awkward craptastic Combat tree and whatever bullsh!t that's bound to afflict the rogue class in the future, the last of my desire to play one (the last class for me) to a high level is all but evaporated.
Edited by Glycerol on 11/20/2010 4:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
How about a racial that is completely trivialized by a common trinket.

Every Man For Himself < pvp trinket
Edited by Aeriwen on 11/20/2010 4:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
75 Goblin Rogue
How about a racial that is completely trivialized by a common trinket.

Every Man For Himself < pvp trinket

By choosing to use EmfH instead of the trinket, you gain a trinket slot.

By choosing to use Darkflight instead of sprint, you gain... nothing (assuming it shares a CD).
Reply Quote
38 Night Elf Rogue
Every Man For Himself, like Oppressor said, frees up a trinket which is great. It's more tailored stats in PvP and having the effect available without actually needing PvP trinket in PvE is amazing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]