WOW!

85 Human Paladin
i retired my ret pally after 4.0.1 because of all the QQ about ret pvp being dead and since Ive been leveling my spriest and playing on my lock. But today i was bored and read the pally forums and heard about the protadin pvp being awesome and i want the wrathful single handed so im grinding honor as ret.

HOLY SHIZ! RET IS GOD MOAD why was everyone complaining i'm loving ret. its incredible! I was destroying everything.. besides a couple of casters.. the usual frost mages. spriests and demo locks.

Your thoughts on ret pvp?
85 Draenei Paladin
You're talking about ret PVP at 80, which is fundamentally different. For one, (at least for me, and I'm using shadowmourne) hammer of wrath crits nearly as hard as templars verdict, which is not even close to true at 85.

Additionally, due to the much lower relative health pools to damage output at 80, against a target that is wearing no resilience a single hammer of wrath crit can do 75% of their health.

Comparitively, at 85, a monster crit might do 20% of their health.

PVP at 80 is in no form balanced, and yes, ret will do outstandingly well against players who are wearing no resilience - but so does every class, and always have.

Against players who are wearing large amounts of resilience our damage is more within expected levels and survivable.

The primary concern of Ret's in PVP currently is not our damage output (which is mostly on par with other classes), but our ability to actually output damage (mobility).
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]