high latency when entering dungeons

70 Undead Mage
whenever I enter a dungeon my latency will go up around 6k~14kms, when I get out of the dungeon it will drop down back to the normal 150~220ms. this started to happen when patch 4.0.1 hits live servers. I've been playing since 2007 and this is the first time that I encounter the problem. thanks

Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Viag,

With the game closed please try moving or deleting your WTF, CACHE, and INTERFACE folders out of your World of Warcraft directory. These are temporary cache files that will be recreated by the game the next time you launch. Moving them to the desktop makes it easy to replace them if necessary.

Please also note these folders contain your video/sound settings and UI addons. By moving or deleting these folders you will also remove any saved preferences, or UI addons you may have added. However, in order for us to troubleshoot the issue we need to remove any modifications to the game and make sure we are diagnosing the default settings.

NOTE: Please also make sure to remove any and all addon auto-installers or auto-updaters you may have, as those can automatically reinstall addons for you, possibly causing further issues.

Feel free to rate my services at the following link: http://www.surveymk.com/s/T8S7BX2
Reply Quote
70 Undead Mage
I have tried removing those folders and it did not helped.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
You are probably suffering from the p2p/torrenting bug that blizzard coders put into the game in 4.01.

Something about how the game communicates and/or how it is read by traffic shapers changes when you enter instances/raids I assume as the result of the jump to an instances server.

Only way to fix it is to continue bugging blizzard about the issue until they get off their high horse and fix it and/or attempt to get your ISP to make a special exemption for WoW in their traffic shapers. (which may take some time if they have to wait for an update from their hardware companies)

Reply Quote
70 Undead Mage
thanks Deader.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]