Night Elf Racial - Wisp Form -

70 Night Elf Hunter
Could this be changed to a damage related bonus. This racial is barely used.

(Wisp Form gives a 25% movement bonus to nightelves when they die)

In BGs you are rezzed by a spirit healer.

Leveling you may die once or twice every... who knows few levels.

In dungeons you still have to wait for everyone in your group to rez and eat and get ready.

Maybe something like
Gift of the Ancients - 1 % expertise

I don't know anything is better than this racial. :-/
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman

In dungeons you still have to wait for everyone in your group to rez and eat and get ready.

If the group is still alive, you're able to run back and continue fighting with them..you aren't locked out. That just for raid bosses.
Reply Quote
62 Dwarf Rogue
Think of wisp form as a flavor racial. It isn't intended to give you an in combat advantage, you have other racials for that. It is much like "find treasure" for dwarves, it is just there for you to say "oh, neat".
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Think of wisp form as a flavor racial. It isn't intended to give you an in combat advantage, you have other racials for that. It is much like "find treasure" for dwarves, it is just there for you to say "oh, neat".

Pretty much this. Not all racials are meant to be significant in every part of the game. Some are merely flavor
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage

Pretty much this. Not all racials are meant to be significant in every part of the game. Some are merely flavor

And if we make all racial like that, wee will save a bunch of tears. Maybe China would not of been flooded if not for racial balance QQ ya know...
Reply Quote
The wisp form is good for hunters named Legolas or any version of that name. It gets them back to the quest they were on faster.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
The wisp form is good for hunters named Legolas or any version of that name. It gets them back to the quest they were on faster.

When I read the original post, this is the exact comment I was going to make because it is sooooooooo true.

DK
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Night elves are one of several races without any sort of damage racial. They do have the best tanking racial by far and shadowmeld can be nice when leveling and in PvP.

Wisp form is obviously useless, but so is +15 to a capped tradeskill, troll regen, etc. Not every race can have berserking or blood fury.
Reply Quote
Could this be changed to a damage related bonus. This racial is barely used.

(Wisp Form gives a 25% movement bonus to nightelves when they die)

In BGs you are rezzed by a spirit healer.

Leveling you may die once or twice every... who knows few levels.

Maybe something like
Gift of the Ancients - 1 % expertise

I don't know anything is better than this racial. :-/

1% expertise? really? that is the best you can do? >_>

look on the bright side, at least NE have the best tanking racial in the game. how are NE, out of all of the races, better suited for taking damage than anyone else is beyond me (from a logical/lore standpoint).

although shadowmeld is a dps increase for rogues/ferals.
Edited by Gig on 11/19/2010 11:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Expertise is good for hunters amirite?

Moo
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Warrior
its the equivalent of the passive tradeskill bonuses the other races get. so no, it would not be appropriate to make it affect dps in any way.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You're kidding, right? I love wisp spirit, stfu.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
In a PvP server, getting killed out in the world and having Wisp is actually quite useful.

On that note, getting back to your corpse quicker is nice. While yes it's only active when you're dead, it still means you get back quicker then others.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
In a PvP server, getting killed out in the world and having Wisp is actually quite useful.

On that note, getting back to your corpse quicker is nice. While yes it's only active when you're dead, it still means you get back quicker then others.

This. Whip Form was perhaps my most favorite racial back when I was on Darkspear. You'd be surprised how many times I could pop back sooner than they'd expect and get revenge!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]