Thunderlord History

^I can't believe I remember that's your alt's name, Hip. XD Hope everything's going well for ya, man.

09/09/2012 05:01 PMPosted by Samoanmixers
The rogue "Texan" was the original Troll of this server. God Bless him

I found this thread trying to remember the name of that guy. I thank you for this post.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Nice to see you too, Lumi! I miss some of the CKD days. You, me and Varro being the first 3 people to finish the Tempest Keep attunement was still one of my favorite moments in the game. Those TBC heroic dungeons were brutal until Blizz caved and nerfed everything.

Hope you're also doing well. Between my wife and the Army, I've got people keeping me in line. =P
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Yo do anyone u guys still play from allie or horde??? Like apple... good so many look much love from Hyydro the killer orc rogue!!! :D
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
How did this get necro'd?

EDIT: There should be an entry about Zanzagate, in my opinion.
Edited by Yijiao on 12/6/2012 8:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Man I've been begging forever for this to get stickied, stop being lazy! Thunderlord history must live on!!!
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Liked all the posts and apparently I already requested it get stickied.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
You have already sent a sticky request for this topic.

=(
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Bump since it can't get stickied might as well get it to the top.
Reply Quote
71 Night Elf Warrior
Oh man, good times in vanilla. I'll never forget being one of the 4 founders of kthxbye, getting pissed off that someone on Alliance got Grand Marshall with a similar name (Ryusuuke or something) and people constantly asking where my GM gear was. Lots of other good memories too.. HAT HAT HAT, the Tauren warrior Life "dying irl", Frozenguy's awfulness, the Inqusition scarab gong fakeout, the plethora of nudes of everyone that seemingly everyone had, people driving from states away to go !@#$ eachother.. Thunderlord knew drama.
Edited by Ryukae on 1/6/2013 3:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
Reading this thread brought back ALOT of memories. out of all this I can't believe that Bosu never came up?! He was the Bane of the Alliance back in the day! You couldn't level an Alliance character without being killed by Bosu at least once.

Keep the memories coming!

Sadler - Original Incultus Member
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
To the Top!
Reply Quote
<-- Missa <Inquisition>

At some point right before BC was released, after our Kel'thuzad kill at 60, the officers decided they didn't want to push for progression anymore. They wanted a more 'casual' guild, and I think everyo*%%@@a agree that the people like Doughboy, Renwo, and even Artemis were the main force that pushed that guild to the success they had. When they wanted to call it quits, we knew we were pretty much done for as that guild.

The way I remember it, there was more to it than that. A couple of the officers wanted to go casual, because real life had caught up to them. However, the drama started when Blizzard announced raids would be dropping to 25 players instead of 40. Trying to cut so many raiders was not something any of us wanted to do, so the "wanting to go casual" reason was used for general inquiry. Inquisition then basically split into two different raiding guilds. lol

Doughboy, Renwo and Artemis were a driving force in Inquisition, but I think Elariel's leadership early on shaped the guild to be successful. Of course Artemis joined the guild fairly late into Vanilla, but he worked hard. One of the biggest contributing factors to Inquisition's success was Renwo's ability to write addons. We were basically using Deadly Boss Mods type addons before those addons were available to the general public. Considering how important those addons are today, you can imagine how much it helped back then.

Are the Azuregos kill dates available?

Probably one of the best memories I have was the first time he went down lol.

I don't recall the date, but I do recall the time we had 60-70 Horde at Azuregos and we killed both the Horde and the dragon at the same time. =)
Reply Quote
1st Grand Marshals:
(A) Mightyal <Inquisition>
(A) Cronis <Inquisition>

Don't know if you intended those to be in chronological order, but Cronis was first and Mightyal was second. I was fourth on Missa.
Reply Quote
Why no mention of the Thunderlord w-hore Feyt? lol
Edited by Lobotomy on 2/24/2013 12:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
Dont be mean. :(
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
I remember....

.....taking over the Alliance boats with Maysin

.....out ganking with Rajitanti and Solarius

......fun with Flowerpot on the forums

......raiding with Relinquished

......hanging out Alliance side with Revenge Of The Piggies

......extremely long druid duels in front of Orgrimmar

......the long, at times frustrating, process of leveling up thanks to Soldiers Of Light

Good times. Haven't had that much fun on WoW since.

-Ohgr/Mastodon
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Oh man, haven't been to the TL forums in a long time. Just glancing over the last page, Ohgr you still play WoW? Man, I thought you quit in BC! Only other person I recognize on this page is Missa.

I think this was the server first Azuregoes, no date unfortunately: http://imgur.com/CACrzU2

I might be wrong, though.
Edited by Rajitanti on 3/24/2013 10:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
No Defenders of Gnomeregan? For shame!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
The pure nostalgia of reading all of this is too much to handle.

To think that I was there for majority of TMM Sunwell first downs as a super quiet resto shaman named Afkell. BC was the best expansion for raiding. Good times.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Convenient bump.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]