Arcane vs Fire at highest gear levels

80 Blood Elf Mage
Which is better?
Reply Quote
Depends on how long the fight lasts too.
Reply Quote
Also, at 80 or 85?
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Mage
Also, at 80 or 85?

80 given the longest fight. :)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
80 given the longest fight. :)

Fire.
Edited by Devynn on 11/19/2010 10:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
Arcane with the lack of mana issues, regardless of a "long" fight.

Don't think so, really. However in addition to fight length, you also need to factor in degree of movement and whether there are adds. In which case, fire wins.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Mage
Thanks for the answers :)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
True, but I really don't see that as an issue since everyone is overgeared and balanced at 85. Virtually asking if you should use a cannon or a shotgun to a knife fight.

Sorry, what?
Reply Quote
Right now, for AoE it's fire, for single target, arcane can have an advantage, but it depends on your skill with fire. They've modified the way ignite ticks roll in the next patch which would give fire the advantage, but who cares at that point, it'll be time for cata.

In cata, frost wins.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
I'd say arcane..It doesn't have as much AoE but its pretty powerful, given what lvl that is. Also with arcane you wont burn mana as fast as fire or ice.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Also with arcane you wont burn mana as fast as fire or ice.

preserving for humor
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage
At the highest gear level its arcane without a question. You can just spam arcane blast for most of a fight due to our massive mana pools compared to spell costs which are set up for 85.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
I'd say arcane..It doesn't have as much AoE but its pretty powerful, given what lvl that is. Also with arcane you wont burn mana as fast as fire or ice.

Considering as fire I only use mana CD's on LK... 11/12 I go without evocate and/or Gem/Arcant Torrent, this is comedic.

Fire is superior on LK, and depending on overall raid DPS and strategy, Fire competes with Arcane on most fights in ICC.

Besides, if I had to go an hour and a half of mashing 1 button while clearing ICC I'd kill myself.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage

Considering as fire I only use mana CD's on LK... 11/12 I go without evocate and/or Gem/Arcant Torrent, this is comedic.

Fire is superior on LK, and depending on overall raid DPS and strategy, Fire competes with Arcane on most fights in ICC.

Besides, if I had to go an hour and a half of mashing 1 button while clearing ICC I'd kill myself.

I was posting on Devynn earlier. But yeah... o snap - have you seen the records for 25 heroic icc on WoL? LMAO... Look at the overall records for Marrowgar 25 Heroic for example. Or Saurfang.... OMG lol - it's almost completely Arcane Mages across the board. On 10 Heroic it's much more balanced but dayum look at all them mages.
Edited by Disturbia on 11/19/2010 1:39 PM PST
Reply Quote

That's exactly one of my reasons for not playing arcane now.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
It's not even close. Arcane should win on every fight hands down. Even on longer fights the only way fire can win out is if an arcane mage mismanages some portion of the fight. Arcane is far more boring in spell selection but has it's own difficulties in how to use mana.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]