A way to improve EMFH perhaps?

85 Worgen Warrior
If EMFH had a 2 second mini hand of freedom attached to it but remaining on a 3 minute cool down do you think that might be a good idea? Because as it stands right now, it is a very lackluster racial which is hardly used at all anymore. Thoughts?
Reply Quote
I find your premise preposterous. EMFH is a huge PvP advantage, and in PvE my human tank uses it all the darned time for stuns (Halls of Reflection) and fear (Utgarde Pinnacle and Halls of Lightning). It's one of the most powerful racial abilities in the game.
Reply Quote
62 Troll Hunter
Humans have 2 binary racials, being they're useful only to a certain point then completely useless after:
Diplomacy (once you get exalted, what does this do for you?)
and EMFH (once you get a PVP trinket, what does this do for you?)

Very poor design, imo
Reply Quote
88 Human Death Knight
It lets you save a trinket slot?

Being able to use one more real trinket for PvP or a ton of encounters in PvE is much more useful than any racial except Troll berserking.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Except that EMFH no longer lets you save a trinket slot.

Now that they increased the cooldown from 2 to 3 minutes, it is no longer usable in competitive pvp. Humans are now forced to wear a PVP trinket in order to get the critical 2 minute cooldown.

As far as I'm concerned humans no longer have ANY pvp racial. And their PVE racials are very weak. As soon as December 7 rolls around I'll be race-changing my human warlock and mage to worgen.

It's disappointing enough playing a race that has an inferior racial. But it's downright idiotic to try to play a race that effectively has no racial at all.
Edited by Mistwynd on 11/19/2010 11:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Warrior
EMFH is still just as powerful as always in PVE and some PVP content, just not for top end PVP players who get a trinket instead....

.... which is how it should be.

It's disappointing enough playing a race that has an inferior racial. But it's downright idiotic to try to play a race that effectively has no racial at all.

my Dwarf and his entire expansion of treasure finding say hello.
Edited by Xurk on 11/19/2010 11:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
62 Troll Hunter
WAIT! WAIT! One extra minute on your PVP "trinket" makes it useless? I'm sorry, but you could say two minutes is useless because you can be stunned... then stunned again! Can't use it the second time.

If you're wearing a PVP trinket, it becomes useless.
If you're not wearing a PVP trinket, it is not useless.

Also, fights last longer than 3 minutes in competitive arenas.

Why does having a specific item require that the racial be switched off completely?
Let's say if an orc warrior got DBW, his blood fury should suddenly stop working.
What sense does that make?
Edited by Deepclip on 11/19/2010 11:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Death Knight
While I do love me some troll berserking, nothing beats our "regeneration" racial.
Reply Quote
Except it isn't a trade-off, it's strictly worse than equipping a trinket. Level 85 PvE trinkets are nowhere near as good as level 80; presumably Blizzard is going to keep PvP gear more relevant ilvl-wise this expansion; and the PvP trinket has always given resilience, which people always leave out of the analysis when number crunching the trinket slots in the interest of making the human racial seem beter than it is.

Level 85 Humans will use the PvP trinket. Not that there will be any way to demonstrate this scientifically, as there will be no level 85 humans in high rated PvP to sample from.

The race change data will very quickly show Blizzard that Humans are useless in Cataclysm PvP. (along with lining their pockets some more)
Edited by Venificus on 11/19/2010 12:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
I don't understand how it can end up being 'lack luster'.

My human paladin I have it comes in really handy when fighting a boss that does some sort of snare/root/fear/etc and can get out of it. That right there is more then what tanks normally get other then maybe one ability that can get them out of some sort of CC.

Another thing to point out is the fact you could uses two trinkets in PvP to increase what ever you're wanting done, while yes the PvP trinket has Resilience on it, you do have the choice of using something else with no real disadvantage.

It's a good racial, and a strong one, it's fine.

As for the people talking about how Diplomacy is useless. While it may not be as powerful as it used to be, it's still nifty due to the fact it means you can get done with reputation grinding quicker, not only for the newer factions but also the older ones.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
it's not just the 2 minute cooldown that makes the PvP trinket more attractive, but also the 150+ resil on it.
Reply Quote
87 Human Warrior
At 3-Minutes, EMFH should not share a cooldown with a PvP trinket. It's absurd.

My choice is either to not equip a trinket and be stuck with an extra minute on my snare break.

Or equip a trinket, and be forced to fight without an activated racial.

Why should Humans have to face a lose-lose situation? I don't see Blood Fury or Berzerking sharing cooldowns with DPS trinkets.
Reply Quote
It's very easy to fix: Now breaks all effects that cause loss of your character, and reduces the cooldown on other, similar removal effects by 20%.

Now their pvp 'racial' is a free 3-minute trinket in all content, and a 1.6 minute trinket in pvp. I'm not sure why Blizzard didn't do this earlier, maybe its a tech limitation.
Edited by Haply on 11/19/2010 1:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock

Another thing to point out is the fact you could uses two trinkets in PvP to increase what ever you're wanting done, while yes the PvP trinket has Resilience on it, you do have the choice of using something else with no real disadvantage.

It's a good racial, and a strong one, it's fine.

Have you been under a rock for 8 months? "No real disadvantage" besides you know, a fifty percent increase on your pvp trinket cooldown?

EMFH never gave you a "free dps trinket." It gave you half a dps trinket. You always traded the passive resilience of a normal pvp trinket for some other passive stat. All you got for free was the proc or use portion. Because of how this scaled, it basically gave humans a scaling dps racial. Bloodfury for example, is static. It's always the same amount of spellpower or attack power. Berserking is alway 20% haste. A dps trinket effect might scale from 15% haste early on in the expansion to 25% haste late in the expansion as ilvl increased.

For example, at the ulduar level, a human using using scale of fates (http://cata.wowhead.com/item=45466) got 107 int and 13% haste for 20 seconds, 2 min cd. A troll using medallion of the horde (http://cata.wowhead.com/item=42126) got 108 resilience and 20% haste for 10 sec, 3 min cd.

With the 2 minute cooldown, EMFH was always a positive gain. It increased with how good your pve trinket was.

Now however, with a 3 minute cooldown it is almost always a loss, or at best break even. You are always trading 1 extra minute cooldown for half a trinket. It's going to take the best of the best trinket from the end of the expansion to just break even with that sacrifice. Every other race's racials are ALWAYS a bonus, no matter how small, and none of them are simply negated if you don't think that sacrifice is worth it.

Blizzard isn't going to change anything for now. They think they made a good change, and only the inevitable mass exodus from pvpers away from human to some other race (worgen almost certainly for alliance, or a horde race) before they realize "oops, I guess that really wasn't a good idea." On top of EMFH they also removed perception, the other pvp racial.

Just give humans 5 second disarm duration without weapon chains, that'd be a pretty good racial.

Yes, please remove every single last bit of any arguable reason to be a human mage or warlock in pve. Unless you want to make it "reduces the duration of disarm or silence effects by 25%"
Edited by Karalyn on 11/19/2010 2:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
3 Undead Rogue
I understand that humans are upset because their racial got nerfed and it isn't as useful as it used to be, but at the same time this is exactly what alliance wanted. Alliance toons campaigned so hard for many years to get WOTF nerfed and it finally was. They wanted pvp racials to be normalized except they always argued that EMFH was balanced. Well people who had undead horde toons have been feeling the sting of the nerf for a while now and it should come as no surprise that if horde racials are going to get nerfed for PvP then alliance racials would be also.

I remember toting a long time ago that alliance should be careful what they wish for because they might be shooting themselves in the foot later on....well here we are....you alliance got what you wanted (nerfing WOTF) and now you cry because your racials are getting the same treatment.

Just sayin....this thread smells if irony....
Reply Quote
3 Undead Rogue
I understand that humans are upset because their racial got nerfed and it isn't as useful as it used to be, but at the same time this is exactly what alliance wanted. Alliance toons campaigned so hard for many years to get WOTF nerfed and it finally was. They wanted pvp racials to be normalized except they always argued that EMFH was balanced. Well people who had undead horde toons have been feeling the sting of the nerf for a while now and it should come as no surprise that if horde racials are going to get nerfed for PvP then alliance racials would be also.

I remember toting a long time ago that alliance should be careful what they wish for because they might be shooting themselves in the foot later on....well here we are....you alliance got what you wanted (nerfing WOTF) and now you cry because your racials are getting the same treatment.

Just sayin....this thread smells if irony....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]