two shot elites

20 Orc Warlock
An anecdote: Just went through a low level LFD run of SFK. Everyone was in heirloom gear. The paladins ran ahead two-shotting everything. My DoTs never ticked more than twice on any mob, including bosses. There was never any chance to complete even a 1.5 second cast of Searing Pain. I would have had more fun staying behind to loot and skin corpses. Running heroics at level 80 on my other characters is nearly the same experience, except that most of those have plenty of front-loaded damage so the character is not entirely useless.

Please tell me that elites won't simply drop over dead at a mere glance in Cataclysm.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
This is pretty much WHY cata is coming out.

The game has changed so much in the (Just under)6 years since RFK came out that it's just absurdly undertuned now.

Speaking of someone who did it back right when it came out, it was actually pretty #@##ing hard. I distinctly remember wiping in Deadmines dozens of times.

Cata will (Hopefully) update many of these low level dungeons to be more challenging in the modern environment.

Also, Heirloom items broke leveling dungeons comepletely the day the were released. They are WAAAY stronger than anything else available at that level. Particularly the weapons.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warlock
OP: The reason you are seeing elites getting two-shotted is due to the class changes in 4.0.1. Cataclysm should be retuning the instances to a more appropriate level.

Your experiences in instances at level 80+ will certainly be different.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
If the instances were balanced properly, the elites would be the ones two-shotting YOU if you are not the tank.

Sadly, much like the 80 heroics, the lower-level dungeons can be plowed through without really needing a tank.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Cataclysm is rebalancing 15-60 dungeons.

Most bosses have about 500% more HP on Beta than on live.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Well, if you wear heirlooms so you're all overpowered, why not queue for the ones that are red or orange instead of green? You'll get more xp, and they'll be tougher. Blizz can't tune them to be good for people at the bottom of the level range who are all in greens and people at the top of the level range in blues/purples/heirlooms simultaneously.
Edited by Hallany on 11/19/2010 4:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Well, if you wear heirlooms so you're all overpowered, why not queue for the ones that are red or orange instead of green? You'll get more xp, and they'll be tougher. Blizz can't tune them to be good for people at the bottom of the level range who are all in greens and people at the top of the level range in blues/purples/heirlooms simultaneously.

LFD won't let you queue for something too high above your current level, regardless of how OP your gear makes you. But lets be honest, even back in Vanilla, you didn't really need a true "tank" much before Sunken Temple.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I have a level 37 lock, and I can queue for specific dungeons that are yellow, orange and red, while the "random" DF usually puts me in green ones. :) Sure, there's a limit to it, but I suspect the OP is not attempting the challenging ones, just complaining that the random ones he gets are too easy. I agree, at the lower levels, they try to have them tuned so that hybrid class folks can tank or heal them without speccing for it. Once they hit 40, they should be a bit tougher, though some people can still probably get away with tanking or healing in a dps spec.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
There are already rebalanced in the Shattering - 4.03a. Leveling 5 man bosses have 3-4x the health they had previously. Not sure about the trash mobs..was like a kid in a candy store with too much stuff to look at it, but I did see Flamelash's health in BRD with the new intra-instance tunneler at the entry to BRD. Also the Scarlet Champion has a buffed health pool. I was expecting to one shot him as usual, and noticed I had only taken a portion of his health down. If memory serves he is at 36k health now, versus 10k previously.
Reply Quote
20 Orc Warlock
To allay any confusion, the complaint was not so much about things being hard or easy, it was strictly about mobs not surviving past the pressing of the first ability button. Nearly every class has abilities that build up or play off each other, but if every fight is over within two globals a large part of that interesting complexity is irrelevant. Anyways, it is good to hear boss health pools have been increased in 4.0.3a.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
i see pallies do that kinda thing all the time, it really makes me ask, why are pallies so op at practicaly everything, at least at low lvs, i would love to see them get so taken down that they are about equal to certain other class i wont mentoin
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]