PVP on mage at 77, pointless?

19 Orc Shaman
What's the point of trying to pvp when we can't stay alive long enough because of rogues and feral druids? I spent an entire WSG dead with only 1 kill... Thank you blizzard. I guess I'll get my last 5% in a random dungeon.
Reply Quote
Go frost and keep barrier/mana shield up at all times. Save ice block for shadow dance against sub rogues. If you're still losing at that point it's a problem with you or your gear relative to your opponent. (You'll probably still be at a disadvantage if the rogue burns prep and two sets of cooldowns)
Edited by Tago on 11/19/2010 12:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Mage
Get to 78 and get crafted pvp set?
Reply Quote
19 Orc Shaman
I do use the barrier and mana shield, it doesn't last for *#!#.

And risellie, pvp tard... pvp shouldn't be about resilience, it should be balanced across all levels, not OMG get to 78 and put on that pvp gear...
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Mage
I do use the barrier and mana shield, it doesn't last for *#!#.

And risellie, pvp tard... pvp shouldn't be about resilience, it should be balanced across all levels, not OMG get to 78 and put on that pvp gear...

Then you're arguing something different. And I have to agree with the other poster. It may just be a problem with you. I did fine leveling through BGs.
Reply Quote
19 Orc Shaman
What does skill have to do with being one shot in a battleground?
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Mage

Skill matters when both players have equal gear. If you're getting one shot it sounds like you have a gear problem not a skill problem. Perhaps post on your mage?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Posted

I hate playing a cloth class, it seems everyone targets you. I couldn't get across the map without every rogue and druid trying to kill me. It's stupid.
Edited by Executive on 11/19/2010 12:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
i dunno about ferals, but on my rogue, 77 mages can 100->cheatdeath in 1 deep freeze
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
i dunno about ferals, but on my rogue, 77 mages can 100->cheatdeath in 1 deep freeze

That's fine, but I have to get a deepfreeze proc, which requires being alive.
Reply Quote
I pvp shouldn't be about resilience
If that's what you think then you might as well quit this game now, because that's what it's about.
You definitely shouldn't be getting one shot. That sounds like a stamina problem. At 77 you should have ~13-15k HP. Barrier(glyphed)+mana shield pushes that up to ~20k.
Edited by Tago on 11/19/2010 12:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
70 Troll Hunter
67 frost mage, right now. Rogues are cake. Smart ferals can be tough. But, if I have iceblock up, either are a cinch.
Edited by Janisjoplin on 11/19/2010 12:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
If that's what you think then you might as well quit this game now, because that's what it's about.

If you think the entire game is about resilience, please kill yourself. Resilience ruined this game.
Edited by Executive on 11/19/2010 12:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
67 frost mage, right now. Rogues are cake. Smart ferals can be tough. But, if I have iceblock up, either are a cinch.

Oh yea, iceblock. Is that what playing a mage is all about, kill ppl until you get targeted. Then iceblock and await your death while everyone /lols at you?
Reply Quote

If you think the entire game is about resilience, please kill yourself. Resilience ruined this game.
I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say. At first you act like resilience isn't a big deal, but then you say resilience ruined the game?

Resilience is the most important stat in PvP until you reach a certain survivability point.

The point of resilience is to stop people from getting 2-3 shot. I think you're having a nostalgia moment from Vanilla. Vanilla was fun, but it was also a retarded gib fest.
Edited by Tago on 11/19/2010 12:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
You shouldn't be getting one shot at that level unless you gear is severely behind, and if you a arcane or fire then you should stop complaining about being a glass cannon spec and receiving the negative side of it.

Resilience was the best thing for pvp to ever happen in this game.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say. At first you act like resilience isn't a big deal, but then you say resilience ruined the game?

Resilience is the most important stat in PvP until you reach a certain survivability point.

The point of resilience is to stop people from getting 2-3 shot. I think you're having a nostalgia moment from Vanilla. Vanilla was fun, but it was also a retarded gib fest.

I may be having a moment, but when people think you have to have resilience to be able to have pvp then something is wrong. People act like if we remove resilience the game would go to hell.
Reply Quote
70 Troll Hunter

Oh yea, iceblock. Is that what playing a mage is all about, kill ppl until you get targeted. Then iceblock and await your death while everyone /lols at you?

or just using it to remove bleeds/silences, then quickly cancelling to take advantage of the rogue/feral being energy starved.
Reply Quote

I may be having a moment, but when people think you have to have resilience to be able to have pvp then something is wrong. People act like if we remove resilience the game would go to hell.
Resilience is an important stat for allowing healing and control to compete with damage. Without it, PvP would be relegated mostly to DPS races/gib fests.

Resilience prolongs the fight, which allows more focus into exercising some control instead of all-out DPS. This OP is a perfect example, where frost mage vs. rogue without resilience is won or lost in the first 10 seconds (mage dies to to ambush/evis/shadowdance, or rogue dies in deep freeze).
Edited by Tago on 11/19/2010 1:23 PM PST
Reply Quote

Quote from Risellie

Skill matters when both players have equal gear. If you're getting one shot it sounds like you have a gear problem not a skill problem. Perhaps post on your mage?

For all the HUNDREDS of time I started WGS, AB, EotS, AV even, and allilance was 5 players short. I assure you, not ALL THE SKILL in the world, makes up for 5 less people on your side, unless maybe you have TENACITY. Oh, wait a minute, they got rid of tenacioty didn't they?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]