Sesobael's Covenant of Kirin Tor

(Sticky)

85 Undead Warlock
I would like to repost this sticky from our old forums.

My friends of Kirin Tor,

New forums means, hopefully, a fresh start for all of us. With the culture of the realm expanding to encompass the new world PvP objectives and cross-server battlegrounds, there will be many temptations to act out and treat one another disrespectfully and/or impersonally.

The Kirin Tor realm has been good to me. The guild that I created has prospered, and I have made good friends even outside of the guild. The Intercontinental Coalition of the Horde is like an extended family, but I like to think that, even outside of this larger group, we on the server have a sort of kinship.

So now I make to you this covenant, and if you agree, you can join in.

I will treat my fellow World of Warcraft players respectfully on an Out-of-Character level even when they don't seem to deserve it. I don't know what sort of day they've had.

I will not respond to immaturity with further immaturity.

I will acknowledge and respect the roleplaying choices of other people, even if I don't understand them. This includes the choice not to roleplay at all. I do reserve the right to respond in-character how my character would normally react, even if that would not be positively, but I will bear no animosity to the player of the other character.

I will offer friendly advice and criticism, but back off if it is not wanted. You just have to tell me to do so.

I will listen to offered advice and consider it. I can't promise to follow it, but I won't dismiss it out-of-hand.

I will name all of my characters appropriately and according to RP realm naming conventions.

I will not use leetspeak, excessive abbreviations, "lol" or the like while in-character, as they could be damaging to other people's roleplaying mood.

I will try not to hold a grudge about loot or PvP. It's only a game. The character on the screen is not me, it's just a video avatar associated with a long string of semi-personalized numbers.

I will not go to another realm's forum and complain about their behavior on the Battlegrounds. I'd like to show some dignity and class so perhaps players from those realms will start treating us the same way.

If I am having a problem that I can't resolve myself, I will ask for help. There is no shame in asking for assistance, and a fresh perspective might be just what is needed.

I will play World of Warcraft to have fun. If I stop having fun, I will stop playing. If it becomes inconvenient to play due to real-life circumstances, I will stop playing. It doesn't necessarally mean that the other players on Kirin Tor have done anything wrong. No, you can't have my stuff, I might come back someday. Seriously. Sheesh.

I will respect the time and decisions of the game masters, designers, forum moderators, public relations representatives, and other employees of Blizzard, even if I don't agree with them. These people put a lot of time and effort into making our gaming experience worthwhile for everyone, and are just trying to do their job within the constraints given to them by the company, its parent's company, and the law of the land. If I have an issue which needs to be regarded, I will go through the proper channels.

I will abide by the various terms of use and service that I signed when first installing the game or logging onto the forums. I will remain good to my word.

I reserve the right to add or remove aspects of this covenant, and to respect the decisions of others with regards to the covenant. It must be, and is, a self-regulating code of honor. I will not look down on others for not ascribing to the covenant.

Collected players of Kirin Tor, thank you for your time, it has been an honor to play with all of you for the past ten months, and here's hoping for at least ten more.

Sincerely,

The player of Sesobael
alias "Simon Bale"
known as "High Proctor of the Poor Sages of Lordaeron"
Reply Quote
88 Tauren Hunter
Thanks for bringing this back, Geneve--I hope we can get this stickied.

As always, I will do my best to abide by the wisdom of our dear Sesobael, and will continue to wish that he would return.
Reply Quote
88 Tauren Hunter
Bumping for more participants--we had a whole lot of signatories on the old forum!
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Warrior
We stand on the shoulders of those who came before us. We provide the shoulders for those who follow us.

As odd as it sounds, my (overwhelmingly) good experiences on Kirin Tor have seemed just like how good it feels at great raves...

Peace. Love. Unity. Respect.

yeah, I said it. :)

Hugs!- Boo
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
Signed before, and signed again.

It's not always easy to follow, KT seems to be breaking down and falling away from the principals that the majority originally believed. It breaks one's heart to see RP become even more in the shadows, to see people rely on the help from other servers rather than the community that they chose, to see trade chat (ugh), and to see the elitism that I've seen form on this server that just wasn't here before.

In memory of Sesobael, and in memory of what KT was and still can be,

Sashar
Reply Quote
Sign...
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Druid
Signed.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
It would be sad if this faded into the background noise of the pages beyond one.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I looked at the first few pages of the old thread not too long ago what a blast from the past

/signed
Edited by Enemal on 1/3/2011 12:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
signed
Reply Quote
Signed, again
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Signed, and clicked the Like thingy too!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Signed!
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Signed
Reply Quote
Signed before, and again.
Thanks, Geneve, for reposting this. I encourage a thorough re-reading for all members of KT, and will point my guild to this so they better understand where my vision for our group came from.
Reply Quote
Signed!
Reply Quote
Sign it, live it, love it.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
/signed
Reply Quote
/signed. I am glad this was posted, because so many people really could use the reminder. Thank you!
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
/signed and bump back up to the top!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]