Deathmatch Battleground.

80 Blood Elf Warlock
Okay let me get this straight.

You are arguing you are playing 'how it's meant to be played'. This alone is very opinionated, however, that's not what makes this ironic. I imagine that you imply that doing a turtle fest until you lose is very boring. Well, what a shocker, do you think that a 'death match' battleground would somehow be different?

Yeah... because capping the objectives, defending them till they're capped, then moving up to take the rest - is turtling. Idiot.

The best part, though, is where you say "It's far too big to be a Deathmatch BG anyways". Lol, you need to stick to the arena, it's nice and small and perfect for your little 'deathmatch' fantasies.

Again, quit whining about this crap.

Arena is 2v2, 3v3 or 5v5 in a tiny map. Get real sir. The larger majority of players in the thread want the Battleground. You and a few other incorrect people dislike it.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
I would love a Deathmatch BG. I think I saw Tarren Mill vs South Shore as an example?

15v15

first team to 50 kills wins.

/thread
Reply Quote
70 Blood Elf Paladin
Or...just give 30 people a large open space to brutally slaughter each other for say.....15 minutes?
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Druid
Are you two being serious?

I dunno how your Battlegroup plays AV, but ours plays it like it's meant to be played. We defend/attack towers, kill any opponents we can in between, bust up the N/S Bunkers and then defeat the Bosses.

How the hell is Alterac Valley a Deathmatch BG, when you win by completing other objectives, and two of them being a PVE Objective at that?

The map is FAR too big to be a Deathmatch BG anyway.
Okay let me get this straight.

You are arguing you are playing 'how it's meant to be played'. This alone is very opinionated, however, that's not what makes this ironic. I imagine that you imply that doing a turtle fest until you lose is very boring. Well, what a shocker, do you think that a 'death match' battleground would somehow be different?

Alterac Valley is a death match battleground (or as close as you are going to get) because it has reinforcements. You keep killing, you run out, game over. A pure 'run out of lives' BG would be boring as hell. You choose to avoid this aspect of it because turtling and doing the death match aspect of it is 'boring'. That's your choice. It's still there.

The best part, though, is where you say "It's far too big to be a Deathmatch BG anyways". Lol, you need to stick to the arena, it's nice and small and perfect for your little 'deathmatch' fantasies.

Again, quit whining about this crap.

haha wow, you really hate the deathmatch idea. glad you got your opinion out there.

AV had a deathmatch aspect to it, but i don't think its at all out of the question that a team deathmatch BG could be poplular. everyone is makeing assumtions about people loving or hating something when all that matters is it gives people another option that is new and fun.

When i see people saying that a Deathmatch BG would just be a crutch for OP spec i sorta laugh at thier lack of understanding larger group fight mechanics. if the BG was only 10v10 (which would be the smallest it could get without being an arena) there would be no such thing as an OP spec because you have no clue what type of team your going to be faceing. do you think your going to be playing an overpowered class combo like RPM? with 10 players all going for kills and survival, there are going to be really epic battles where the ebb and flow of the battle will move across the map. there would be tons of cool tactics that you could use and lots of strats your team could be set up around. there would be caster teams, plate teams, balanced teams, turtle teams that are annoying and CC (but those are in every BG) and zerging would also happen.

i think all that stuff sounds fun. why not add it into the game? throw 2-3 Team Deathmatch maps out there and i'm sure many people will love it.
Reply Quote
68 Night Elf Priest
Woot we could get a team of Holy pallies together for the worlds longest match!
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Druid
nothin more epic than holy pallies unable to die :) but if the strat worked, then its mostly cause the other team sucked haha.
Reply Quote
86 Human Rogue
Unlimited lives,
point score limit and /or time limit,
no campable GYs- various random spawn points

Even better, add siege vehicles
Reply Quote
85 Pandaren Rogue
11/19/2010 10:23 AMPosted by Luciaess
i think the problem with a deathmatch battleground is that it would get boring after about 10 minutes
You would think, but since that's how nearly all non-rated BGs are played right now, there must be some draw to it.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I agree with adding a team deathmatch. All I hear from the people against it is it wont work, will get boring, its not what people want, and geared people will pick on the weak. First of all geared people pick on the weak no matter what bg it is. When you seen that guy in Cata with 94k health what did you do? You went right after him. But most of all people are saying its not what people want. Have you not done a BG ever? all people do is go after kills. How many times have you had to yell go after flag carrier or get out of mid. People just want to kill not go after flags. How many times did the demolishers go right past everyone to the end when everyone is on the beach stiil. You can say this for about all the bgs. It shows that people want to kill each other. This can only benefit pvp by getting the people out of objective based bgs that dont want to be their so the people who do enjoy them can play them the way they are suppose to. If their is a down fall to this it would be that most people would join team deathmatch which would leave the other bgs empty.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Just join Mines, bugged as hell that's pretty much all it is. Except you eventually have to take deserter : /
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
1 - I agree. A deathmatch with high rewards would appeal to a lot of people. Just don't force me to play it in its call to arms.

2 - The one thing I can't understand is why most people even queue for BGs if they could be happier doing World PvP instead. Just killing. Same honour per kill (road fighters don't get the defending bonus anyway) and better honour per hour if you do it in force.

Don't believe it? Then form a Horde group and try to take Ironforge or an Alliance group and try to take the Undercity (the top notch defensive designs in the game, but with a 2 to 5 minutes effective response delay from the capitals). Suicide? Most likely. Fun? Most certainly.

Or form a 40 raid and descend in fire and fury upon Goldshire or Razor Hill. Then wait a couple minutes for the fun to arrive. I've been in one recently. It was one of the best pvp experiences ever, even if in the end the uncontrollable phasing issue screwed us up and turned it into a surreal "OMG, where the hell did we end up this time? What alternative reality is this?" fest. lol Just imagine how it must have looked to the Alliance players of all those servers to see a full Horde raid literally just flashing before their eyes... Somebody should have recorded it. :(

If this wasn't a deathmatch killing festival roadfighters would just love, I don't know what would be.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
nice necro
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
shad your hat is really silly
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
10/08/2012 02:12 PMPosted by Pozytecznosc
shad your hat is really silly

It keeps me dry during monsoon season!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Grr clever necro.

Cool that we do actually have a deathmatch bg now though
Edited by Powadin on 10/8/2012 3:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Yes world pvp is nice but its not as easy to access as a bg. When you do pvp eveyday I dont want to wait around to form a raid when I could just que and go. Plus on my server their is about 5 horde total. I miss world pvp. But when it comes to dont force me in call to arms you cant take that out. B/c then other ppl are going to want others out such as wsg. I hate wsg and capture the flag in general and im forced to do it for call to arms and thats the main one you do in rbgs.If blizz could force world pvp some how other than TB which again on my server sucks(4v4).
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
10/09/2012 05:52 PMPosted by Snatcchlicka
Yes world pvp is nice but its not as easy to access as a bg. When you do pvp eveyday I dont want to wait around to form a raid when I could just que and go. Plus on my server their is about 5 horde total. I miss world pvp. But when it comes to dont force me in call to arms you cant take that out. B/c then other ppl are going to want others out such as wsg. I hate wsg and capture the flag in general and im forced to do it for call to arms and thats the main one you do in rbgs.If blizz could force world pvp some how other than TB which again on my server sucks(4v4).

Cross servers have ressurected world PvP already. Have you been to Outlands lately? Hell breaking loose in Hellfire and Netherstorm, at least in my "crossings". Really fun. :)
Reply Quote
It would have to be a 40 man!

That way no camping. I have never seen a 40 man get beat that bad lol Its hard cause chances are all 40 are not bad players or ungeared players

A 10 man would get bad after one team proves to be the power house
Reply Quote
89 Blood Elf Monk
http://gatherer.wizards.com/pages/card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=260981
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]