Easiest healing class?

85 Human Paladin
Hi,

I am a casual player and the role I would like to play is healing. I was wondering out of Priest, Druid and Paladin which class is easiest to heal with?

Thanks.
Reply Quote
83 Night Elf Druid

I'll open with the tried and true "it's entirely based on your play style". I'm a bit biased, I like Druid healing. Before the 4.0 changes it was EZ-Mode. HoT's were the lazyman's joy. I loved hitting Rejuv/Regrowth and sitting back and watching the pretty sparkles. Hell, I could just spam HoT's on all members, go make tea and come back in time for the boss. I like Druid healing because it's "active" - I'm always doing something. I haven't really done anything since 4.0 resto wise, so I can't vouch for any increase in difficulty with mana management. It's also easy to dual-spec, you can get away with Balance and easily be able to quest.

I've tried Priest heals and it feels repetitive, I'd much rather go Shadow.

Paladin I also can't vouch for. I've always wanted to try, because next to Druid it's my favorite class, I've just always been a Prot sorta' girl. Paladin's are nigh unstoppable, and offer excellent utility. Plus, they get a holy pony ;)

You left out Shaman, by the way. Shaman's are also good healers, and another class that offers easy solo compatibility by going Elemental.

A lot of people will tell you to try them all, and I greatly encourage that. There isn't really an "easy mode" to heal with anymore since Cata is requiring you to actually play smarter not harder.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
paladin is the most simple and effective
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Loaded question, it depends what mechanics you find easiest. In very broad strokes which I'm sure 20 random people will come on here and flame me for:

If you have a good internal clock, I would go with Druid. Timing is much more important in Cata when it's not mostly mindless spam. Almost all of its healing is by rhythm now if you want to get the most of the class (ie, giving yourself enough time to Nourish/HT to refresh LB instead of manually, re-rejuving heavily damaged people to take advantage of mastery).

If you're a very good snap decision maker, I would go with priest. This includes being able to read situations quickly to swap between the most efficient spells for each situation. Knowing the breakpoints of when PoH becomes more efficient than other heals you have, being able to identify when you can afford to channel it vs throwing shields, etc.

If you're good at keeping track of a second resource (Holy Power) in order to keep your primary resource (mana) efficient, go with a Holy Pally. Also, if you keyboard turn this is probably not the class for you. I will say for 5-mans this feels the easiest, simply because Beacon and Protector of the Innocent ease decision making and LoD has a 5 person cap anyway.

You didn't ask for shaman, so I can only assume you have one already and don't like healing on it.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin

You didn't ask for shaman, so I can only assume you have one already and don't like healing on it.

I didn't think they were good as Druid/Paladin at healing? I asked about Priest because of two healing specs.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Shaman are good, traditionally were amazing for 5-mans but a little less so in Cata (Pallies are the best for those). Mostly because the way CH delivered healing was very efficient for 5s, ie small spillover heals for the raid but big ones for the tank in one go. And Riptide was very strong for 5-man damage.

In Cata, tbh I don't think anything's different except you'll actually have to use your full spell selection in instances.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
The easiest class to effectively heal with used to be paladins, but since 4.0.1, I'm not so sure easiest applies to them anymore (easiest also meant mind-numbingly boring). So be careful what you ask for. Easiest isn't always fun.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Am I correct in thinking due to Innervate Druid Resto will have less mana issues then Priest?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
Blizzard has stated that they want all healers to have mana issues. Besides, the priest equivalent to innervate is shadowfiend. Innervate returns 20% mana (always, unless dispelled, but may be used on other players). Shadowfiend returns 30% mana (10 attacks, 3% mana each, but can be killed, kited, so it may or may not reach this maximum). Talented, they have similar cooldowns.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
If you just want to do some exploring and 5 mans any of the classes are "easy". Meaning you can do casual stuff with all of them quite easily. If you plan on getting into raiding Priests are the most complex and require the most "effort", though each class does have it's nuances that make it difficult.

If you plan on pvping at all and being godly at it Pally is the way to go. outside of running into mana burn they have always been solid healers, and they aren't that complicated.

Shamans are very effective and the totems are fun. just through leveling you will get a feel for them and no longer think about it. They also are VERY offensively capable so they have that going for them.

Druids, like paladins, are a solid choice all around and do not have the variety of spells some of the others have which slightly lowers the learning curve.

It is too early to make a call about mana. Every class has an ability like innervate, Divine Plea for paladins, Mana Tide for Shamas, and Hymn of Hope + Shadowfiend for priests.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Am I correct in thinking due to Innervate Druid Resto will have less mana issues then Priest?

Yeah Druids have had much better mana levels than Priests in beta from what I've heard. Especially Holy Priests I have heard having terrible mana problems. As to why that is the case I am really not sure.
Reply Quote
24 Tauren Druid
From what I hear, currently Priests are behind the curve as far as mana efficiency, but they are striving to make all classes as equal as possible without being the same. I would avoid trying to choose based on who is balanced best or worse, because balance changes frequently. Go with the main ideas behind the healer type; I'm not well-versed in every class, especially given the new changes, but several of the posts here nail it pretty well from my understanding.

Personally if I were starting from nothing as a new healer, I'd go with shaman. None of the holy power fuss from paladins. Less hot-watching than druids. Fewer tools to get lost in than priests. Plus I just love Earth Shield.

That said, I've only played priest and shaman healers significantly, and I haven't played shaman much since the Ulduar patch. YMMV
Reply Quote
70 Undead Warlock
Healing and easy do not go together. Healing can be very boring when you outgear the content, or things are going well. But can be challenging when things go wrong or you are not in a geared group.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
I really want to make a healer too. But I feel like Cata is gonna continue to change everything, so I'm waiting until it's officially released before I pick one. Maybe by then I'll get this nub mage to 80 :3

My advice is to wait till the legit release before picking one, because right now a paly might look perfect, but who knows how it might change!
Reply Quote
66 Blood Elf Paladin
I rather enjoy my priest healer. I heal on my pally and druid but I feel most comfortable with my priest, however she's the one I started healing on. So as stated above, it really depends on you, try them all and see what tickles your fancy.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
Play druid if you want lots of little green numbers on your screen with minimal effort.
Play paladin if you like lightbulbs and single target healing.
Play shaman if you like totems and chain heals.
Play priest if you like shields and running out of mana constantly.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Play priest if you like whining on forums all day.

Fixed. Also, if you're going for pure ease, I would say Shaman/Pally.
Reply Quote
56 Night Elf Druid
Hi,

I am a casual player and the role I would like to play is healing. I was wondering out of Priest, Druid and Paladin which class is easiest to heal with?

Thanks.

I am going to start with there is no easiest class...

I have a priest, pally and two druid heals, I find it easier to heal with druids, this leads me to say the easiest class for me might not be yours, best to expriment a bit roll some to at least 10 do some bg's... either way whatever you go for will become easier the more you play.
Cheers
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
All of them are easy to learn. I enjoy druid, shammy and disc heals the most.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]