Easiest healing class?

100 Draenei Shaman
Play shaman if you like totems and chain heals.

chain heal isn't all a shaman has.

Riptide <3
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Play shaman if you like totems and chain heals.

chain heal isn't all a shaman has.

Riptide <3

Ugh... yall make it look so easy. lucky...

I like my priesty though it came with COOKIES ! :)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I for one welcome shamans not being able to spam 1 button.

...They better not be able to, Blizzard.

they never did.. Unless you are bad.

Shaman are easily the hardest class to play well. Though also the easiest to play half assed since you can 1button wonder it to half decent results.

Druids are the easiest class to do well with imo. rejuv blanket with wackamole wild growth on whoever lowest. no other class can heal for so much by doing so little.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Resto shaman isn't a powerhouse in the offense department, they're just built a little bit more toward that style. Wind shear is overrated.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Shaman are easily the hardest class to play well. Though also the easiest to play half assed since you can 1button wonder it to half decent results.

Druids are the easiest class to do well with imo. rejuv blanket with wackamole wild growth on whoever lowest. no other class can heal for so much by doing so little.

Every class thinks they're the "hardest class to play well," doesn't make it true. FWIW, Druids actually required the best ability to GCD clip because the spell queue doesn't work when your GCD's 1 second. And it also required the most physical effort. Is jamming your button extremely quickly a skill? Not really, but choosing a proper target for your CH every 1.5 seconds took more? Lol...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

Every class thinks they're the "hardest class to play well," doesn't make it true. FWIW, Druids actually required the best ability to GCD clip because the spell queue doesn't work when your GCD's 1 second. And it also required the most physical effort. Is jamming your button extremely quickly a skill? Not really, but choosing a proper target for your CH every 1.5 seconds took more? Lol...

yes, it does...

Shamans are the only reactive healer. Druids can preempt down the list with rejuv. Disc can preempt down the list with bubble. Paly just tank spams. Shaman is the only healer where every single cast has to be reactive to a damage event.

By fact of that alone, yes shaman are the hardest to play well..

And FYI, use a healing addon, you can preempt cast all spells, even with a GCD clip. I do it all the time with surge. it's not hard in the least...
Reply Quote
73 Draenei Priest
Disc Priest is fairly easy, IMO. Shaman healing isn't too hard when you have a good group (in 5 mans, at least).

Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The fact that you don't really have to pre-empt makes the class easier, not harder. It means you have to be able to predict damage vs casting when you see healthbars dip.

Also, addons don't queue as the spell queue does. Some will have elongate the zones for you to do so, but it's still not as efficient as a 0 ms spell queue.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
The fact that you don't really have to pre-empt makes the class easier, not harder. It means you have to be able to predict damage vs casting when you see healthbars dip.

Also, addons don't queue as the spell queue does. Some will have elongate the zones for you to do so, but it's still not as efficient as a 0 ms spell queue.

I click every spell a full .1-.3 seconds before the GCD is up, and the next spell casts instant soon as the previous one is done. It's always been this way for me, dunno..

Also there is no way being preemptive makes it harder. just LOL. you're telling me going down a raid list casting rejuv of bubble is harder than making a snap second judgement to every cast? please...
Reply Quote
24 Tauren Druid
Also there is no way being preemptive makes it harder. just LOL. you're telling me going down a raid list casting rejuv of bubble is harder than making a snap second judgement to every cast? please...

I think with the current "mana oceans" you are correct, but as mana becomes more valuable I expect the difficulty of preemptive vs reactive will balance out - In preemptive, you must hope you judge who will take damage correctly, whereas in reactive, you must judge how soon they will take more damage correctly. I expect them to be about equal in difficulty, just a different way of thinking.

In fact, I played a shaman earlier in the expac, and a disc priest more recently; I didn't find the shaman more challenging than the priest. Others may have differing experiences.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

I think with the current "mana oceans" you are correct, but as mana becomes more valuable I expect the difficulty of preemptive vs reactive will balance out - In preemptive, you must hope you judge who will take damage correctly, whereas in reactive, you must judge how soon they will take more damage correctly. I expect them to be about equal in difficulty, just a different way of thinking.

In fact, I played a shaman earlier in the expac, and a disc priest more recently; I didn't find the shaman more challenging than the priest. Others may have differing experiences.

there is a difference between how hard/easy a class is to use. And if you're able to play that class 'well'. Shaman is easy to get a handle on in terms of spell useage. So it has a fast learning curve for that, I agree. But I've raided in hundreds of pugs, and in every single one, i'm guaranteed to absolutely demolish every resto shammy in every way shape and form. Even though we might be geared and specced and cast the same spell selection. Its just dam hard finding shamans who play the class to the max. It's the only class that has ever had zero hope against me.

For cata it looks like you may be correct, in terms of easy/hard things will become a lot more equal for at least the first tier. But you can be assured that come late xpak druids will be back to hot spam using current mechanics..
Reply Quote
24 Tauren Druid
there is a difference between how hard/easy a class is to use. And if you're able to play that class 'well'. Shaman is easy to get a handle on in terms of spell useage. So it has a fast learning curve for that, I agree. But I've raided in hundreds of pugs, and in every single one, i'm guaranteed to absolutely demolish every resto shammy in every way shape and form. Even though we might be geared and specced and cast the same spell selection. Its just dam hard finding shamans who play the class to the max. It's the only class that has ever had zero hope against me.

For cata it looks like you may be correct, in terms of easy/hard things will become a lot more equal for at least the first tier. But you can be assured that come late xpak druids will be back to hot spam using current mechanics..

Haha, I understand that - the lack of competition. It's been a while, but I think I was consistently top too. And as disc, well, I used to revel in being 3rd or so on Recount. Now that absorbs are included... to the top I go. I'm not one for the limelight.

But... this thread is making me miss my totems. :(
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I would actually say Shaman are likely the "easiest" to play, simply because of having less heals choices.

Shaman was my 1st 80, and my 1st "main". Before, we basically had 4 heal spells and rarely used one of them, so 3 spells to choose from, with 1 being on a 6 sec CD (I think it was 4 with one set of tier bonuses, but can't remember). Now we have 5, but at least in current content, in my shaman's gear (all 264+), I find very little use for GHW, so 4 to use, so very little choice. The style is mostly riptide the tank, HW the tank (or someone alone taking damage) or HS them if needed fast, or CH grouped up players for AoE healing.

Druid is rather different, mostly HoTs. HoT up the tank (Rejuv and LB and Regrowth if needed/you have time), Nourish single target people, and WG for AoE heals, but the new Swiftmend mechanics give you another very nice AoE heal (effloresence). But you're basically HoTing people who WILL take damage, along with the tank, and also Nourishing the tank - for leveling up I would guess mostly rejuv and nourish, but not sure.

Priest (disc is what I did) plays a lot like druid, with a mix of shaman. PW:Shield is more or less a HoT, and you have renew (no idea with changes if it's useful like it used to be), so that's the druid side, but you have quite a few direct heals as well, with varying costs/effectiveness/etc. I actually think Priest may be the "hardest" due to so many choices.

I'm leveling my pally now (52), and I find it pretty simple, as well, except there's a 2nd mechanic other than mana to use. At least right now it's 4 spells - Holy Shock to build Word of Glory, Flash of Light and another heal (longer casting and less mana than FoL) who's name escapes me. In instances is pretty straightforward - Beacon the tank just in case there's AoE damage, and if you can ONLY Holy Shock to build charges, that's great. If you have to do more, HS when you can, and heal during HS cooldown. WoG at 3 charges or if needed earlier. I find I go to melee quite a bit because of overgearing/ease of current instances, to build holy power charges with Crusader.

The only thing about "ease" I'm not too sure of is using the various Cooldowns that the classes have. I've only raided on shaman and druid, and shaman have no healing cooldowns like Divine Protection, etc, to use, and druid only have Tranquility. Priests and Pallys seem to have quite a few, and I don't know the effective uses of those, since I "learned" to heal on Shaman - such as how Pally used to use a certain CD at a certain point in Iron Council fight in Ulduar.

So I would actually conclude that Shaman is the "easiest" playstyle - less choices and you just heal. And my Shaman and Druid are equally geared, and at least in current post-4.0.1 WoW, I find my Shaman has slightly less mana issues than my Druid. This was not the case pre-4.0.1. In ICC 10 mans (I don't do HM on shaman, but do on my druid), this, to me, was most noticeable on the LK fight. For some reason I feel much better about how much healing I do on my shammy, and less concerned about mana issues, as well. On all other 10 ICC normal fights, they feel the same (though shaman with HS is still king on dream), but that on fight in particular I feel stronger on my shaman with equal gear.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Druids are the easiest, Rejuv the raid and /afk
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Hi,

I am a casual player and the role I would like to play is healing. I was wondering out of Priest, Druid and Paladin which class is easiest to heal with?

Thanks.

I have played Priest, Druid and Paladin at level 85. Druid is miles easier than the other two. You can't do no wrong with the druid unless you are afk.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Well, I'm a shaman, and I've fallen in love with its healing despite my claims I'd never be caught dead healing an instance :). But my experience with all of the healing classes is this:

Paladin: Paladins are easy in that they don't have that many buttons in terms of pure healing. Aside from situational things, there are basically only five buttons. Prior to patch 4, their lack of aoe healing could make 5mans somewhat hard, because you had to heal someone other than the tank. But with their new self-aoe, that worry is gone, and they're not doing badly. The downside now, is probably that they're less interesting than the other classes, but that having fewer options does make them easier.

Druid: I find that druids are good if you have a good sense of rhythm and you can remember which hots are on who. Druids can be frustrating because you have fewer insta-heals, so you have to prempt damage rather than fix it. Druids therefore require somewhat less attention while the hots are running, so you get breathers, but you have to remember when to re-apply.

Priests: I have not had much experience with them, but from what I've done, priests are very reflex oriented. Disc is more akin to resto druids in that its value is its absorption, and I'd say they're slightly easier than the druid in terms of what you have to watch. But it can also be harder to be as affective given that their non preventive spells have less oomph than some of the other classes/holy priests talented heals are. Holy priests are more reflexy because they literally have very standard heals and a number of them for different situations, and you have to know what to press when, and then do so immediately. For that reason, I wouldn't go holy priest.

Shaman: I like shamans because they have a single tool for each situation. They have a few more tools than some of the other classes, but each tool has a very specified purpose, and it's more realizing which purpose is needed rather than having to choose between two tools to do it. Chain heal was nerfed, but it's still nice to be able to heal several people at once, if only for a little, without expending lots of mana on a true aoe. I'd say that nerf is probably the biggest downside atm, but they're also getting a real aoe: "healing rain" in cata, so it'll be interesting to see how that plays out. But basically they have those two aoes, the small, med. and big heals like every other class, 1 easy instant hot, and earth shield which is tank only.

Gl choosing :)
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
People say that shaman are "very offensively capable" often, but I think they're exaggerating.

Wind shear is nice, yes, but it's nothing special compared to all of the tools that classes have now. Getting wind-sheared in fact doesn't make hardly any difference to me even as a mage.

Purge is important but once again not game-breaking.

Outside of those, what is the reasoning behind the class being offensive, or at least more so compared to other healers? It's not due to being able to pump out the damage when needed as resto. I've never seen such a thing.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
Well, I'm a shaman, and I've fallen in love with its healing despite my claims I'd never be caught dead healing an instance :). But my experience with all of the healing classes is this:

Paladin: Paladins are easy in that they don't have that many buttons in terms of pure healing. Aside from situational things, there are basically only five buttons. Prior to patch 4, their lack of aoe healing could make 5mans somewhat hard, because you had to heal someone other than the tank. But with their new self-aoe, that worry is gone, and they're not doing badly. The downside now, is probably that they're less interesting than the other classes, but that having fewer options does make them easier.

Druid: I find that druids are good if you have a good sense of rhythm and you can remember which hots are on who. Druids can be frustrating because you have fewer insta-heals, so you have to prempt damage rather than fix it. Druids therefore require somewhat less attention while the hots are running, so you get breathers, but you have to remember when to re-apply.

Priests: I have not had much experience with them, but from what I've done, priests are very reflex oriented. Disc is more akin to resto druids in that its value is its absorption, and I'd say they're slightly easier than the druid in terms of what you have to watch. But it can also be harder to be as affective given that their non preventive spells have less oomph than some of the other classes/holy priests talented heals are. Holy priests are more reflexy because they literally have very standard heals and a number of them for different situations, and you have to know what to press when, and then do so immediately. For that reason, I wouldn't go holy priest.

Shaman: I like shamans because they have a single tool for each situation. They have a few more tools than some of the other classes, but each tool has a very specified purpose, and it's more realizing which purpose is needed rather than having to choose between two tools to do it. Chain heal was nerfed, but it's still nice to be able to heal several people at once, if only for a little, without expending lots of mana on a true aoe. I'd say that nerf is probably the biggest downside atm, but they're also getting a real aoe: "healing rain" in cata, so it'll be interesting to see how that plays out. But basically they have those two aoes, the small, med. and big heals like every other class, 1 easy instant hot, and earth shield which is tank only.

Gl choosing :)

I don't really get why people still think pallies don't have very many buttons to deal with. That was definitely the case pre-4.0, but not at all now. Lets look at a class by class comparison of what healing spells each spec reasonably uses in a fight (ignoring things like self buffs - water shield/beacon/Chakra, etc and long cooldowns like Divine Favor/Guardian Spirit/Nature's Swiftness/Lay on Hands etc)

Paladin: (6)
-Divine Light
-Holy Light
-Flash of Light
-Light of Dawn
-Word of Glory
-Holy Radiance

Shaman: (6)
-Chain Heal
-Healing Surge
-Healing Wave
-Greater Healing Wave
-Riptide
-Healing Rain

Druid: (6)
-Rejuvenation
-Regrowth
-Lifebloom
-Nourish
-Healing Touch
-Swiftmend

Disc Priest: (9)
-Power Word: Shield
-Penance
-Flash Heal
-Heal
-Greater Heal
-Prayer of Mending
-Prayer of Healing
-Renew
-Binding Heal

Holy Priest: (11)
-Circle of Healing
-Prayer of Mending
-Renew
-Flash Heal
-Heal
-Greater Heal
-Prayer of Healing
-Desperate Prayer
-Binding Heal
-Lightwell
-Holy Word Sanctuary/Serenity

Druids/Pallies/Shamans all have about the same sized toolkit when it comes to regularly used healing spells. Both priest specs have way more spells to juggle around. However, saying a pally has less buttons/etc than a shaman/druid is completely inaccurate since 4.0.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Shaman are easily the hardest class to play well.

This made me lol.

Druids are the easiest, Rejuv the raid and /afk

I c wut u did thur
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]