Would you roll the opposite faction?

91 Blood Elf Paladin
I have rolled alliance just to experience the content, never made it past level 20 though. However, I PvP, so I secretly hate everyone around me. Also, I don't think I'd be able to kill horde! I've grown so attached to all of them, I'd feel like I was betraying my friends! I have to say I enjoy the beginning area quests for most alliance races more so than what we have horde side...and at least I don't have to deal with the friggen barrens.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I've tried creating Horde characters many times. The furthest that I got was a Blood Elf Paladin to level 41. At this point, the quests no longer had any interest for me and the Zone focus was Blah and boring. I have tried the other races as well but would only get as far as the Barrens. That zone is murder to quest in and too large without mounts. Just like Stranglethorn Vale was before mounts were available at lower levels.

Maybe with the revamp of zones, smoother quest lines and the updated Horde stories, it will be more enjoyable and I'll try it once again. I doubt I'll switch factions though. I always find it difficult to find people to work with on the Horde as well were there are tons of people on the Alliance side on every server I have been on. The few random Horde that I have encountered always seemed to be immature XBOX360 Live rejects as well. Most people say the Horde is more mature but I haven't met any of you yet. Unfortunately. The only two mature Horde players that I met were actually playing Alliance characters at the time and left the game about 3 years ago.

That the Horde economy is usually double inflation on prices is also a pretty big detriment. I'll play a Goblin of some sort to see the starting area there but I found all the videos and reviews of the zone to be over the top so not really looking forward to anything beyond Azshara with a Goblin influence. Their roads and bombs kind of break things for me.
Edited by Sorelai on 11/18/2010 8:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
I do miss the days when alliance were alliance, and horde were horde, and the only people who wanted to play as the other faction had to go off-server and start completely fresh.

Me, I'll be alliance forever. PvP used to be super serious. When alliance rolled into Crossroads and owned the town for hours at a time, it was for the glory of the alliance. When horde came into one of our cities, they spoke a strange language, rode strange creatures, and they were the ultimate hated enemy. Their ways were mysterious, and vile. Nobody had level one alts on the other faction to taunt each other in trade chat. They'd /taunt us and we'd /rude them. As a result, people were loyal to their own side, people were mean to the other side, and it was epic. Then they made battlegrounds, and world PvP (ganking lowbies of the other faction) became less important. Then they made battlegroups, and people stopped hating specific people and guilds on their own servers. Then they let people faction change, and roll new characters of the other faction on the same server. Suddenly, people wern't loyal, you couldn't trust tactical information to local or global chat channels, you couldn't trust strategic /who information to stay secret, and the horde vs. alliance hatreds and rivalries melted away.

Something important to this game has been lost.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I play both sides.

I am currently playing my troll priest.

Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I am appalled to say that I actually want to try a gnome. Their starting area looks cool, and if I get bored I can punt myself.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
I would roll ally.
But probably only Worgen or Human or Nelf or Draenei. And probably worgen out of those. They're very unique+have lot of class options.

I just dont vibe dwarves and gnomes like some do. idk why

I would though.
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Paladin
I do miss the days when alliance were alliance, and horde were horde, and the only people who wanted to play as the other faction had to go off-server and start completely fresh.

Me, I'll be alliance forever. PvP used to be super serious. When alliance rolled into Crossroads and owned the town for hours at a time, it was for the glory of the alliance. When horde came into one of our cities, they spoke a strange language, rode strange creatures, and they were the ultimate hated enemy. Their ways were mysterious, and vile. Nobody had level one alts on the other faction to taunt each other in trade chat. They'd /taunt us and we'd /rude them. As a result, people were loyal to their own side, people were mean to the other side, and it was epic. Then they made battlegrounds, and world PvP (ganking lowbies of the other faction) became less important. Then they made battlegroups, and people stopped hating specific people and guilds on their own servers. Then they let people faction change, and roll new characters of the other faction on the same server. Suddenly, people wern't loyal, you couldn't trust tactical information to local or global chat channels, you couldn't trust strategic /who information to stay secret, and the horde vs. alliance hatreds and rivalries melted away.

What your describing sounds really awesome to me actually. I haven't been playing the game for very long so I was never able to experience any of that. My boyfriend told me about how when he used to play there was a lot of city raiding, epic battles and lots of world PvP between Alliance and Horde. It makes me excited and I'd like for it to happen some day so I can be apart of something so fun. However, it's been a year now and I rarely see any of that. I even used to be on a PvP server, there were no epic battles there either. :(
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Ive been playing since just b4 wrath came out and made this guy. I've only rolled alliance since simply because I like sending gold to alts. I havent ruled out rolling horde but to start from absolute zero just isnt very appealing and I refuse to beg for money. Also, being involved in more than 1 guild would be a bit much I think.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
I started as Horde, went Alliance, and currently play both.

I love the feeling of playing as Horde, and I prefer their cities and racial leaders. However, I like Night Elf lore and I'm attached to Draenei character models. If I could only be a Horde Draenei!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I play both sides.

I am currently playing my troll priest.

Peeps still calling u Katie????? :)
Edited by Ferrus on 11/18/2010 8:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid

Battlegroups and Cross-Server Dungeons destroyed a lot of the Server Communities across WoW. They were tragic decisions and it would have been better to create mega-servers and merge people into distinct communities. Further merging into Regionwide zones without the ability to build better community is going to further hurt the game in my opinion. I just talk to people in my guild now for the most part. Can't be bothered trying to run PUGs for either Dungeons or Battlegrounds. I don't play the game to be pissed on or to become pissed off and that is what happens in PUGs.

Things were much better in Vanilla and Burning Crusade because there was incentive to make networks and lists of friends you would play with regularly. You could build groups and play off each other's strengths and cover their weaknesses without having to be in the same guild. Now people jump server whenever they can because the grass is greener elsewhere or you get punks from random selection. I'd love to have just one mature PUG.
Edited by Sorelai on 11/18/2010 8:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
I used to be horde, but I switched to Alliance because I was tired of the negative environment on my server for horde, alot of guilds hated each other, and there were many guilds made just for the simple point of trolling. So far, I am enjoying the change of scenery, and alliance seems to be much more friendly in my personal experience
Reply Quote
52 Night Elf Druid
I play both because both are equally interesting. I like horde cities a LOT more than alliance, with the exception of Darnassus, it was the first city I ever saw (not as a nelf, but an undead warlock - weird story). It is by far the best city.

Um... yeah.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
I'll be rolling a worgen alt so that i can finally see the alliance side of things with a race i'm actually interested in. But I'll always be main horde. FOR THE HORDE!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I don't pick characters based on factions, I pick them based on the race themselves. I love the Draenei, Trolls, and Forsaken.
Reply Quote
I've got about 17 Horde toons, a couple lowbie Alliance toons. I think it is helpful to get your enemies' perspective and to learn your way around their turf.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Sure, I'd roll another Horde toon. I have 8 toons on Draenor, my highest is this, next is a Draenei Shaman at 66, after is a Belf Mage at 50. I'm thinking of rolling a Worgen Rogue to try them out, a Goblin something (not sure yet what) to see the quest lines, and a Troll (something) once Cataclysm hits. I am partial to Alliance, I've sided with the humans since the First War, and to leave their side completely is not something I'm prepared to do, but to see the other side, to come to know their struggles, their people, heroes, their story, that is something I'd roll a Horde toon for.
Reply Quote
84 Goblin Priest
I like both sides and have 80's on each.

On Alliance I love Dwarves, def. my fave race on Alliance at the moment. I also like female Night Elves... just really like their animations and customizaiton options. Gnomes are cool but I couldn't play one. I find humans boring. Don't like the space goats but prefer the females over the males, like the Night Elves.

On Horde I prefer the Trolls above all else. I like Undead casters, but not melee so much. Like Orc melee but not casters so much. I like Tauren but couldn't play one... just animated too slowly for my liking. I don't like male Blood Elves, just dislike their animations.

I really like both the upcoming Worgen and Goblins but am playing Worgen first... hopefully will like him enough to become my next main stay.

So I can roll either, just depends on what I'm in the mood for.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]