25 Man Progression Thread

100 Blood Elf Paladin
Argaloth 25man downed by Never More
90 Pandaren Mage
Protip: don't have people dead at the end of conclave or they don't get credit for the kill for some reason. I really hope we didn't get jewed out of that kill, but w/e it's an easy boss.
Edited by Deathdefier on 12/13/2010 10:05 PM PST
90 Human Paladin
25 Man Progression Thread

2 Night Elf Hunter
Argaloth is not being tracked, Artoge.
85 Orc Hunter
Does this work for now?

http://www.nagolgnik.com/?page_id=157
90 Tauren Warrior
If it involves going to an external page, might as well and use Guildox.
85 Orc Hunter
Only thing I noticed is it doesn't differentiate between 10 and 25...
90 Tauren Warrior
From the way it seems. Everyone combines them, 10 and 25 man progression are considered equal by a lot of the tracking pages and the achievements in game.
85 Orc Hunter
Alright, fair enough.
90 Tauren Warrior
12/14/2010 5:41 PMPosted by Foogacity
don't care much one way or another, but lets stop walking the tight rope (while some guilds concentrate on 25's and others concentrate on 10's) and make a decision. I mean, if we wanted to track using external sites before, why didnt we? Why are we waiting until they cant tell the difference to refer to external sites?

I think that Nagolnik page he linked is something he made up on his own server, at least that's what it looks like to me. I was referring to major tracking pages like Guildox and Wowprogress.

I have no personal vested interest in how the progression thread is maintained beyond the guild I am in, I'm not an active raider and will not be able to raid for most likely this entire expansion. I am okay with doing what the majority wants to do as far as tracking progression. It seems right now the majority either has no opinion, or just doesn't want to make a decision. The quote you pulled from Wowprogress is new to me, but to be honest I was not looking for their reasoning behind using one chart for progression.

The other night I started looking at other realm forums to see what everyone else is doing. Most of the major realms out there have no progression thread at all, so maybe the concept of tracking progression through a thread is a bit outdated now.

While I feel that there should be a clear distinction between 10 man and 25 man guilds for the sake of progression, it seems as if Blizzard does not want that to be the case. The sharing of realm firsts between raid sizes totally came out of right field. I think with the stance that Blizzard is taking, the raiding "community" as we knew it is dead. I think 10 man raids are going to become the mainstream format, although not necessarily the most prestigious.

Thoughts?
85 Orc Hunter
Maybe it's the old school in me, but I liked the list of who has down what and who the current "top guild" is. Yes, I made that on my site myself, it was just an example/temporary thing unless people really liked it. I liked the fact that I could customize it within my limits of programming knowledge and have some added extras like links to guild sites for apps etc. It is a way for us to encompass all the progression threads and guild lists into one more attractive post.

Just a thought...

...nago out.
90 Tauren Warrior
Posted by Bòbsaget
Maybe it's the old school in me, but I liked the list of who has down what and who the current "top guild" is. Yes, I made that on my site myself, it was just an example/temporary thing unless people really liked it. I liked the fact that I could customize it within my limits of programming knowledge and have some added extras like links to guild sites for apps etc. It is a way for us to encompass all the progression threads and guild lists into one more attractive post.

Just a thought...

...nago out.

There will always be a top guild, it's just Blizzard is trying to change the way you define that. If you combine 10 and 25 man, it would be Life Professionals. If you based it strictly on 25 man kills, Demise.
Edited by Omok on 12/14/2010 9:08 PM PST
85 Goblin Rogue
Conclaive of Wind downed by Rock Hard
85 Dwarf Paladin
Atramedes down.

Pic related.

http://imgur.com/y4prt.gif
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I know it's a bit tacky, but we could always have a progression thread that has a link to an external site(one where we can use a format to set up like our old progression thread format) and use it that way. Not really sure what website, something like Livejournal or something where html n the like can be used to make something organized.

Having seperated threads for 10m and 25m should still be tracked, personally. Blizzard might have turned it so they share lockouts, but I still feel that achieving the kill on 10m and also on 25m are two completely different accomplishments.
85 Orc Hunter
http://www.nagolgnik.com

working on tracking all progression, site is still being set up and fixed, but let me know if this is an avenue we want to pursue...
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Magmaw down

Omnitron down
Edited by Grissym on 12/15/2010 7:24 PM PST
90 Human Paladin
Grats

Edit: Maloriak down for Demise!
Edited by Broon on 12/15/2010 5:57 PM PST
85 Orc Hunter
I'm trying to update nagolgnik.com to keep it current so we can use that. Check for errors, grats to all who have progressed thus far.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]