25 Man Progression Thread

90 Dwarf Warrior
My vote is for a thread like you had in Wrath, and to only track 25mans. There should be a separate thread for 10 man progression.
80 Gnome Mage
Regardless of what you do, combine 25man with 10man or do them seperate. You need to change the title of the topic.

As of now this is not a 25man progression thread and u seem to have no intent of making it that.

And lol @ 25 and 10 man being the same difficulty. Any encounter u have to jam 15 more people into the same sized room makes it harder. and having 25 people to cause insta wipes compared to 10.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/16/2010 10:47 AMPosted by Enst
My vote is for a thread like you had in Wrath, and to only track 25mans. There should be a separate thread for 10 man progression.

Atm, unless things have changed and I missed it, Omok and myself can't do our 25/10m progression threads like we used to because the [pre] format doesn't work on the new thread and haven't found a decent way to set it up now.

12/16/2010 1:04 PMPosted by Aslorbjodi
Regardless of what you do, combine 25man with 10man or do them seperate. You need to change the title of the topic.

As of now this is not a 25man progression thread and u seem to have no intent of making it that.

And lol @ 25 and 10 man being the same difficulty. Any encounter u have to jam 15 more people into the same sized room makes it harder. and having 25 people to cause insta wipes compared to 10.

Once things are figured out, I'm sure this will solely turn into a 25m progression thread. I see no reason to combine them. Guilds that are doing it on 25m are, in my opinion, are doing the fights at the highest level difficult. Not because the fight is any harder, but because like you stated there are 15 more people who can potentially screw it up and wipe.

Magmaw and Omnitron are pretty decent examples. Mechanics for both those fights would be incredibly simple to overcome on 10m(as I've done them on 25m myself).
90 Human Paladin
Atramedes down for Demise!
90 Tauren Warrior
12/16/2010 1:04 PMPosted by Aslorbjodi

Quote me any statement I have made that says I want to personally combine 10 and 25 man progression, you can't do it cause I never made any such statement. I have made observations about what I see other servers doing, not making progression threads. Observations as to what Blizzard has done, broken down some walls between 10 and 25 man achievements/lockouts. Observations that progression pages have merged content, due to technical limitations. I made statements that the [pre] tag is not implemented, preventing me from setting up the thread properly, which Grissym has echoed.

The only course of action I am leaning towards is not doing a progression thread at all.
I have asked for feedback on what people would like to do. If you don't want to make constructive comments, that's your choice. At least read what other people have posted before making accusations.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/17/2010 5:14 AMPosted by Foogacity

And Omok, where Aslor is coming from is a frustration that the thread creator didn't come back into his thread and express displeasure that 10 mans continued to post here (like has happened previously when the thread creator had a vested interest). We all know tracking is a crap job, dont mind aslor, he's really a sweet and loving individual.

I feel I could be part to blame for that. I hadn't created a new 10m progression thread yet because I hadn't a clue on how to format it, and felt it useless to make one if I had no way of tracking kills.

Any guilds that have posted here in reference to 10m kills, I'm going to go create a 10m progression thread where you can post your kills til I figure something out.
90 Tauren Warrior
Figured out a format that will work with these new boards. Tweaks will be happening over the next few hours as I find time. Please report for sticky.
90 Tauren Warrior
12/17/2010 5:14 AMPosted by Foogacity
Now that we've seen a good bit of the fights, its clear there is distinct difficulty differences on 25 that are not present in 10s (Same as every instance before it that shared 10/25). I really believe they can make 10s "more equal" to 25s with math, but until they start changing room sizes, boss mechanics, scale AOE heal power with # in the raid, etc, its going to fall short on nearly every occasion.

Some would debate this. There is a large amount of the community out there that says ten mans are harder. You can't use the "room is larger" argument for every fight. Having more people can be a disadvantage, or an advantage depending on the fight. Look at Sarth3D, that is the perfect example of a fight being harder on 10 man than 25 man. Take a look at world progression. More guilds are getting kills in 25 man sized raids than 10 man sized raids. Major guilds such as Ensidia and Vodka, in addition to others, are all leaning towards 10 mans being harder. Is there a concrete difficulty scale you can see for each fight? No, but I think the numbers over time will lean to one side.
90 Human Paladin
Chimaeron down for Demise!

Valiona and Theralion down aswell!
Edited by Broon on 12/19/2010 6:40 PM PST
85 Draenei Shaman
Conclave down for TFB
90 Dwarf Warrior
Halfus down.
Edited by Enst on 12/20/2010 6:24 PM PST
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Valiona and Theralion down
90 Troll Rogue
Halfus and Valiona and Theralion down for Hero!
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Maloriak down
90 Human Paladin
Ascendant Council/Cho'gall down for Demise!
Edited by Broon on 12/22/2010 7:11 PM PST
85 Draenei Shaman
Valiona and Theralion down
85 Draenei Shaman
Magmaw down
85 Draenei Shaman
Omnitron down!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]