4.1 Cataclysm Top 25 Progression

85 Night Elf Druid
MODS: PLEASE UNSTICKY THIS THREAD

This thread is for archival purposes. The progression thread for the current tier can be found at:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2721582500
Edited by Asterion on 7/18/2011 9:16 AM PDT
85 Night Elf Druid

LAST UPDATE: 07/05/2011
[BLACKWING DESCENT] [THE BASTION OF TWILIGHT] [THRONE OF THE FOUR WINDS]

[M O | K R C N] [H V | T G | S] [W A]

1 [H] Chain Pull • • | • • • – • • | – – | • –
2 [A] Jinx • – | • • • – • • | – – | – –
3 [H] Been There Downed That • – | • • • – • – | – – | • –
4 [A] Sanity • – | • • • – • – | – – | – –
5 [H] Shattered Remnants • – | • • • – • – | – – | – –
6 [H] Resurgence • – | • • • – • – | – – | – –
7 [A] Juice • – | • • – – • – | – – | – –
8 [A] ShadowMasters – – | • • • – • – | – – | – –
9 [H] Linkshell – – | – – – – • – | – – | – –
10 [A] Easy Company – – | – – – – • – | – – | – –
11 [A] Ashes to Ashes – – | – – – – • – | – – | – –
12 [A] Addonexus – – | – – – – • – | – – | – –
13 [A] The Riddle of Steel – – | – – – – – – | – – | – –
14 [A] The Good Bad and Ugly – – | – – – – – – | – – | – –
15 [H] Vertigo – – | – – – – – – | – – | – –
16 [H] Every Tasty Bite – – | – – – – – | – – | – –
17 [H] New Era – – | – – – – – | – – | – –
18 [A] Cheap Thrills – – | – – – – – | – – | – –
19 [H] Death Animations – – | – – – – – | – – | –
20 [H] Eternal Darkness – – | – – – – – | – – | –
21 [A] Stormrage – – | – – – – – | – – | –
22 [A] Who – – | – – – – – | – – | –
23 [H] Hordes Angels – – | – – – – – | – – | –
24 [H] Darker Side of Nonsense – – | – – – – – | – – | –
25 [A] brethren of the night – – | – – – – – | – – | –

LEGEND–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––| • Hardmode – Normal |
M-Magmaw
O-Omnotron Defense System
K-Maloriak
R-Atramedes
C-Chimaron
N-Nefarian

H-Halfus Wyrmbreaker
V-Valiona and Theralion
T-Twilight Ascendant Council
G-Cho'gall
S-Sinestra

W-Conclave of Wind
A-Al'Akir
Edited by Asterion on 7/5/2011 2:20 PM PDT
85 Night Elf Druid
[METHODS
• In an attempt to keep this thread less cluttered, better curated and easier to update, only the top 25 guilds on the server will be listed.
• This thread will follow Blizzards requirements for guild kills: a minimum of 8 guild members in a 10-man raid and a minimum of 20 guild member in a 25-man raid.
• In the spirit of the changes Blizzard has made regarding raid lockouts and difficulty, there will be no distinction made between 10-man raids and 25-man raids. A progression kill in a 10-man raid will be counted as the same as a progression kill in a 25-man raid.

RANKINGS
• Guilds will be ranked based on the order they have killed progression bosses in normal modes and then heroic modes – i.e. if guild A has downed the first 2 bosses of a raid in normal and heroic mode they will be listed below a guild that has downed the first 3 bosses of a raid in normal mode and only 1 boss in heroic mode. Even though guild A may have downed more heroic bosses, guild B is still ranked above because they have progressed further into the content. Normally each boss in a raid is more difficult to down than the previous boss (with some exceptions) and as such, guilds will be ranked based on their progression into an encounter, not just the number of kills.
• Guilds that post kills on the same day will be ranked based upon the time of those kills as listed on the WOW armory.
Edited by Asterion on 6/30/2011 10:43 AM PDT
85 Night Elf Druid
UPDATES AND ERRORS
• Posts in this thread will be checked daily, Monday-Thursday and posted kills will be updated for listed guilds.
• Rankings will be updated on Sunday evenings.
• Each raid post will include the last date it was updated.
• If you notice an error in this thread please notify me. I will attempt to correct any and all posted errors as soon as I am made aware of them.

GUILD REMOVALS AND ADDITIONS
• This thread is to document the progression of the top progression guilds on the Nazgrel server and as such only the top 25 guilds will ever be listed at any one time.
• Guild removals and additions will take place on Sunday evenings when the guild rankings are updated.
• When the progression of un-ranked guilds surpasses that of currently ranked guilds they will be given a ranking based upon their current progression.
• Ranked guilds will be removed if and when their ranking drops below 25 due to previously un-ranked guilds being added.
• Should a guild disband or the majority of their raiding team depart said guild, they will be removed from this thread as soon as possible, provided no other raiding teams remained in the guild. Should other raiding teams exist in the guild, the thread will be adjusted to reflect that raiding teams current progression.
• Should a guild cease to raid for a sufficient period of time as their lack of raiding is mentioned in this thread, that guild will be put on notice for removal. A notified guild will have three (3) weeks to resume raiding. If a notified guild does not resume their raiding within the three (3) week period they will be removed from this thread. Should a guild removed through this process start raiding again their rank will be placed at the end of their progression group.

CREATION OF NEW GUILDS FROM EXISTING GUILDS
• Guilds created by members of guilds already listed in this thread will be treated as any other new guild.
• The resulting new guild will not receive automatic credit for their previous guild's kills.
• The resulting new guild will be ranked according to their kills after the date of their formation.
Edited by Asterion on 6/30/2011 10:43 AM PDT
85 Night Elf Druid
NON-GUILD RAIDS
• Those kills which are achieved through mixed guild raids, where no one guild has met the threshold required of a guild run, will not be accredited to any guild.
• Posted kills which are achieved through PUGS will only be listed provided they meet the following criteria:
1) At least 8 members in a 10 man group and 20 members in a 25 man group, the core of the group, are consistently present for the run.
2) The core group shall consist of characters that do not consistently raid with their current guild.
3) Members of the core group shall not be a member of a guild already listed in this thread.
4) The PUG must raid a minimum of two weeks before being listed in this thread.
• PUGs meeting the criteria to be listed in this thread will be added on the Sunday immediately following their second week of raiding.
• Listed PUGs must consistently maintain their core raiding group from week to week in addition to keeping up with listed guilds in order to maintain their spot on the thread.

POSTS IN THIS THREAD
• This thread is for tracking the progression of Nazgrel's top raiding guilds, as such you should keep your posts on topic and refrain from extraneous discourse as much as possible.
• Guilds are encouraged to post their progression whether they are currently ranked or not.

ARCHIVAL PROGRESSION UPDATES
You can access the Wrath of the Lich King expansion's progression updates in the following thread:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1074377501
Edited by Asterion on 6/30/2011 10:42 AM PDT
85 Night Elf Warrior
To sticky this thread, someone needs to report my post by clicking on the thumb down/flag icon and selecting "other" for the reason and then putting the sticky request as the reason.

Righteous job Ast, requested for stickyfication
85 Human Warlock
I'm not sure whether to feel sad or embarrassed that our guild was left off this list considering the amount of "robust talent" that lurks in the bottom 15 of this list haha.
85 Night Elf Druid
I fully expect this list to drastically change once everyone is leveled and starts raiding the new content. Like Exinferris stated, if you had read through the informational post – I know it was long but I erred on the side of being thorough – you would have seen that the list you see is based on the progression from WoTLK when I posted the final update to that thread.

UCF wasn't even ranked at the beginning of the football season but ended up at number 25 in the BCS. I'm sure there will be plenty of time for new guilds to pop up on the list and current guilds to be knocked down a peg or two once we get going.
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
12/05/2010 8:32 AMPosted by Exinferris
12/05/2010 7:57 AMPosted by Behemothson
I'm not sure whether to feel sad or embarrassed that our guild was left off this list considering the amount of "robust talent" that lurks in the bottom 15 of this list haha.

Like he explained (if you had actually read the post at all before flaming)...

INITIAL RANKINGS
• Guilds have been initially ranked and listed based upon their progression from Ice Crown Citadel and Ruby Sanctum during the WoTLK expansion.

<3

I'm kinda wondering why we got skipped.
85 Night Elf Druid
12/06/2010 3:26 PMPosted by Tesoni

You weren't skipped, you just weren't included in the last update of the WotLK Progression Thread. I stopped the WotLK progression tracking the for these forums the week of November 12 because that was the week that the old forums were supposed to be locked (even though that's not what happened). I neither updated for kills or added new guilds after that point and that thread drifted into archival status.

If it is any consolation, if I had added you to that thread the calculations for the pre-ranking calculations probably would not have been in your favor. As your guild hadn't downed any 25man content you would have lost out on points to a guild that had only completed all of ICC 10 and most of ICC25 in regular modes. Either way, I am sure you guys will be on the list once kills start coming in.
85 Draenei Paladin
12/07/2010 3:22 PMPosted by Nottysecrets
<Lollercaust> got skipped too. We have downed France and Poland EZ-mode

Careful Kao, Vagenas doesn't like holocaust humor and will wage a forum war against you, as he did Deveron.
90 Orc Shaman

Maybe check with your GM first before you draw attention to things like that? I'm sure he is perfectly fine with his guild not being listed here. He is more interested in getting kills, doesn't crave the attention.
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Argaloth down.

Assist to Trylarg and Dblbigmac
90 Orc Shaman
Surprised VoA 2.0 is being tracked, anyways Argaloth down as of last night full guild run and CP members won't be assisting other guilds starting tuesday =)
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]