Wintergrasp -> and then tol borad.

80 Undead Mage
Funny thing is, this is primarily an alliance board, and they just aren't chipping in. They don't know what to do without their zerg at the front gate.

;^)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I'm glad that we're winning all the time now, but it kinda makes me even madder at Blizzard for keeping us away from this for as long as they did.

Definitely looking forward to Tol Barad, though.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
Haha, this is an interesting phenomenon to see, having pvp'd forever on this server. Not very surprising.

I'm glad McVanderhuge is actually has some worthwhile insight on the issue.

Haha, I remember when the horde were so excited for BGs because they wouldn't be overwhelmed anymore in world pvp. Then the horde premades would laugh at how bad the alliance pugs, because they played 1/3 that the horde got to due to queue times.

Then the horde egos got blown so big and they got so bad by playing against disorganized pugs, when I started making premades, we pretty much wiped the horde on the floor.

I'm glad the horde are gettin in some WG time, the curent iteration is much superior to the old, but if you truly think horde are better, you're just a big an idiot as any alliance who thought they were better for always winning WG before. Both sides are plenty awful.

Funny thing is, this is primarily an alliance board, and they just aren't chipping in. They don't know what to do without their zerg at the front gate.

It's BECAUSE they zerg the front gate, without doing anything else that they lose.
Edited by Volun on 11/25/2010 12:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Haha, this is an interesting phenomenon to see, having pvp'd forever on this server. Not very surprising.

Haha, I remember when the horde were so excited for BGs because they wouldn't be overwhelmed anymore in world pvp. Then the horde premades would laugh at how bad the alliance pugs, because they played 1/3 that the horde got to due to queue times.

Then the horde egos got blown so big and they got so bad by playing against disorganized pugs, when I started making premades, we pretty much wiped the horde on the floor.

I'm glad the horde are gettin in some WG time, the curent iteration is much superior to the old, but if you truly think horde are better, you're just a big an idiot as any alliance who thought they were better for always winning WG before. Both sides are plenty awful.

It's BECAUSE they zerg the front gate, without doing anything else that they lose.

I never said we were better... I just go sick and tired of seeing alliance alts popping our trade chat telling us how much better THEY were after routing us after a 120-37 WG.

All I'm saying is, the alliance man-children won't be overwhelming us for a while. In fact, they have a years worth of group tactics to catch up on. I'd wish you good luck, but I wouldn't mean it.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior

Hey Volun, its Crackerjack! The enhance shaman you owned many times! Only i play my warrior now.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
LoL, hey Crackerjack. You guys gonna be doing rated BGs?

And Romilton, I don't need luck. I find the whole concept of Vault of Archavon, pveing for pvp gear, with people gear scoring checking pugs on super easy bosses that people still somehow manage to fail, and people whining that pvp gear drops all the time to be an abomination.

I've never needed the ez mode gear from the instance, I just felt like I was forced to, to get a leg up on my opponents at the start of a season. I got my full gear months ago, and the second I did, I stopped going.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
Ya we will. I gotta learn how to be arms likely.
I know we have a few that wanna do it, so the 10s bracket will be a yes, I think, personally, that our 15s will be more of a struggle... at least right away, because the majority of people in my guild are pve low lifes (like me) with little to no pvp experience, but there are some who have arena'ed for a while, so it will be fun, I am really looking forward to it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I've never needed the ez mode gear from the instance, I just felt like I was forced to, to get a leg up on my opponents at the start of a season. I got my full gear months ago, and the second I did, I stopped going.

At least you had that option.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
LoL, hey Crackerjack. You guys gonna be doing rated BGs?

And Romilton, I don't need luck. I find the whole concept of Vault of Archavon, pveing for pvp gear, with people gear scoring checking pugs on super easy bosses that people still somehow manage to fail, and people whining that pvp gear drops all the time to be an abomination.

Maybe you don't need the gear... but your entire faction got the benefit from it, and the free honor from the shards. There's more to VoA than just the gear from Bosses... Like the enormous overflow of free honor.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
I never said there weren't advantages to having Wintergrasp. I just find it cute that you want to wish me luck for something I've never needed in the first place.

Most of my honor comes from BGs, I got all my honor gear that I could get without rating in the first day.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
WG
Edited by Ydg on 11/27/2010 2:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
I never said there weren't advantages to having Wintergrasp. I just find it cute that you want to wish me luck for something I've never needed in the first place.

Most of my honor comes from BGs, I got all my honor gear that I could get without rating in the first day.

Ain't you special then. I suppose you're probably one of the 50 alliance who don't need the extra help.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior

Ain't you special then. I suppose you're probably one of the 50 alliance who don't need the extra help.

ooo burn...? was this necessary?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid

ooo burn...? was this necessary?

I doubt it. We already know we're terrible.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
No, you're probably not.
Years of horde struggling has fostered a feeling of necessary teamwork.
Years of farming horde have (in this non-alliance opinion) have meant only 10% of the effort in WG was actually going towards winning the encounter, while the rest spammed blizzard and cleave.
10% won't get you a win in WG, it essentially turns it into a 10:1 battle IN FAVOUR of the horde.
What can the alliance do?

Roll a horde :) its fun.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior

Way ahead of you :3
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
here is what alliance WG is now except replace the skyscr a p e r with the front gate of WG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qxnu74vd4E
Edited by Sledgehammer on 11/28/2010 6:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest

No more than the horde needed the extra help. That's sort of the point of the place.

Years of farming horde have (in this non-alliance opinion) have meant only 10% of the effort in WG was actually going towards winning the encounter, while the rest spammed blizzard and cleave.
10% won't get you a win in WG, it essentially turns it into a 10:1 battle IN FAVOUR of the horde.
What can the alliance do?

Why would you use Blizzard on one target, that doesn't make any sense. LoL, I'll never reroll horde as long as there are gnomes.

And alliance don't lose, bad people do. With time, alliance will relearn the strats to propel them to mediocrity like the horde. But it will suck if they always get the premade advantage.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Hey man, Goblins are Gnomes too. Lmafo. :3
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I might actually have to participate in some pvp again with these changes. It is strange to actually have equal battlegrounds, feels old school.
Edited by Mook on 12/5/2010 11:03 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]