Random Dungeon Needs fixing IMO

85 Worgen Priest
I am not one who normally gets mad or frustrated with a video game but lately the same thing has been happening to me every time I try to play my Alt character.

I Select Healer and enter the Queue to do an instance within my level range. I have on average a 6-9 min wait time (i play when not many people are on) I finally get into the instance and I am told i need to roll. I will ask why do I need to roll and they state lowest roll has to leave the group. I ask why is this and I am told because they have a lvl capped character that is going to come in and clear the instance and they want the random reward for doing a random. I actually want to play my character and not walk around doing nothing so I refuse to do this.

Now a couple of things happen.

First - The entire group just sits there for 15 mins wasting my time until they are allowed to kick someone and they kick me.
Second- I get frustrated leave and get a deserter buff not being allowed to Queue up again, hindering my game play
Third someone else gets frustrated and leaves hindering their game play as well.

This needs to be fixed as the point of the random dungeon finder was to make it that you can get groups and run the instances. Not get loot reward bags.

The only fix that I can see in this is making it that if you use the random dungeon finder, you can not invite someone to the party after the full group is formed. If someone leaves the only way to fill the spot is through random dungeon finder.

Anyone else running into this problem or am I just having extremely bad luck?
Bored of the game trying to keep myself interested in it until Cata comes out and I can't even play the game. Get told "we dont care about you all we care about is getting the random dungeon loot"
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Priest
Like i said, the only "cure" that I see is blocking the option of adding someone to the party unless they are added through dungeon finder.

As I see it, it is and exploit in the game that would need to be fixed.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Like i said, the only "cure" that I see is blocking the option of adding someone to the party unless they are added through dungeon finder.

As I see it, it is and exploit in the game that would need to be fixed.
Thats the point.

You see it as wrong, the other players in the group did not.

It is a social problem, not a game problem.

If Blizzard did not want groups to "vote" on how to play in a random instance, they would not allow "social communication".
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Priest
What I am saying though is this should not be an option on how to do a random instance. It should be assumed that the reason your queuing up for a random instance is because you want to get into a group and run the instance. If all you want is a friend to power level you through an instance then have them power you through the instance but joining a party and not queuing up in the random dungeon finder.

Yes it may be a social problem but it is also a flaw in the game, making it a gaming problem also. If blizzard wanted level 80s to run with level 30's in an instance they would allow the level 80 to queue up for that instance. They would not get the message saying so and so is to high of a level for this instance.

What is being done is an intentional exploit of game play.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Edit: Nothing to see here - I could not delete this post, is all.
Edited by Padu on 11/19/2010 2:18 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]