Keep playing broken class for its theme?

85 Orc Shaman
Play what's fun, as long as you're a competent player, know fights, etc, you'll be fine.

From playing Elemental for the longest time now, I remember when Wrath was released and Elemental were doing so bad on DPS that tanks were doing better, we got fixed slowly but surely. While that sounds some what depressing, I still enjoyed my class/spec.

Look for what's fun, not what's on the bandwagon.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
My class has been broken since BC, and I'm still playing it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
You know,
Hunters used to just be able to unload insane amounts of damage Into people without worrying about their mana,
And now they can not do that, and must mix in regeneration shots to keep their focus up,
Yet that doesn't mean that focus is broken....
In fact that is the whole reason it was implemented in the first place....

You were broken before when you could destroy multiple people without even looking at your mana bar.
Complaining about your new resource mechanic because you actually have to pay attention to it, and learn how to use your shots properly, is pathetic.

If you have an issue with the regen rate, or the damage on shots thats fine.
Deal with that, those things can be tweaked.
But complaining about something,
Simply because it requires an IQ above 6 is a waste of everyone's time

Wow, the delusion is strong with this one. Guess its a good thing that warlocks have to look at their mana bar whenever they want to destroy someone.
Reply Quote
most people knew there was a good chance that the new resource system would break the hunter class for awhile.
Reply Quote
My class has been broken since BC, and I'm still playing it.

i sincerely hope you meant spec, not class.

shamans were one of the most powerful classes in pvp this entire expansion in all brackets. both enh and ele were well represented in raids.

enh being in trouble right now before cata is released =/= enh being in trouble since BC (at least from a pve standpoint, enh was trash in BC in pvp and a very meh spec in wotlk pvp).
Edited by Gig on 11/19/2010 1:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
sorry man we are alone this time .. blizz dont care

That's not true, affliction is in the same boat, but ours is more broken mechanics not DPS.
Reply Quote
82 Human Warlock
Good point. I am carefully following warcraft census numbers and I see hunter numbers steadily dropping. On PVP servers, they are starting to crater.

What will happen with CATA ? Despite the class problems I suspect you will still see a lot of players rolling up hunters as worgen or goblin due to the new "fun factor" . If there are not wholesale changes however, you won't see many of them getting to level 85.

Reply Quote
Good point. I am carefully following warcraft census numbers and I see hunter numbers steadily dropping. On PVP servers, they are starting to crater.

What will happen with CATA ? Despite the class problems I suspect you will still see a lot of players rolling up hunters as worgen or goblin due to the new "fun factor" . If there are not wholesale changes however, you won't see many of them getting to level 85.

blizzard generally doesnt care about what population X class is. well, in terms of using that to buff or nerf a class at least.

dks and paladins have been at an insanely high population this expansion, while rogues were at the bottom. but you certainly couldnt say that rogues were the worst class on pve and/or pvp for...most...of wotlk.

course, the fact that rogues sucked in pve while dks and paladins were amazing in the begining of wotlk probably helped that along quite a bit.
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Druid

That's not true, affliction is in the same boat, but ours is more broken mechanics not DPS.

Why do people keep confusing having a broken spec with having a broken class? If you have a broken spec, you spend 50g and respec to a spec that isn't broken. If a broken class wants a fix, it's only option is to pray for a fix or reroll a new class.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
The only problem with your logic here is that it is not applied across all class choices.

how often do you watch your mana bar on that lock?

You could do the damage while moving, he can't.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Also, none of what any of you are saying will help any blizzard employee fix what you are not liking. You need specifics, why this works, why it doesn't, how it could. Well researched well proven statistics of you on the way to and at 85. Oh wait. That hasn't happened yet. Every damn content patch one class screams that they should "just be deleted and get it over with already". This time it's you. Last time it was warlocks. Time before that it was warriors. Deal with it. It's a content patch.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter

Also, none of what any of you are saying will help any blizzard employee fix what you are not liking. You need specifics, why this works, why it doesn't, how it could. Well researched well proven statistics of you on the way to and at 85. Oh wait. That hasn't happened yet. Every damn content patch one class screams that they should "just be deleted and get it over with already". This time it's you. Last time it was warlocks. Time before that it was warriors. Deal with it. It's a content patch.

We have beta. I can tell you from personal experience that playing a hunter at 85 with the current build is not enjoyable at all, and nearly every PvPing Hunter in beta agrees with me.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

We have beta. I can tell you from personal experience that playing a hunter at 85 with the current build is not enjoyable at all, and nearly every PvPing Hunter in beta agrees with me.
Well then it sucks that they are completely finished tuning this game.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
Well then it sucks that they are completely finished tuning this game.

The whole reason we are complaining is that we have three weeks to convince them that they aren't finished tuning this game.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin

Same with ret this time. Our DPS is just about balanced (for PvE) but our PvE rotation is clunky and we are somehow even worse than ever in PvP.

But then I took my ret to BT in TBC and I suspect that if I can cope with it in caty I will try to take my ret as far as I can at 85. TBH seeing as my only other level 80 toon is another ret pally I suspect it is ret or SC for me!
Reply Quote
How do you even know you like the theme of one class over another? You really don't know sqat about a class until you've done a lot of pve and pvp on it, and even then some players just don't get it and end up as abject failures.

I've main swapped and selected new "favorite" alts with each expansion to keep the game fresh and I don't regret it at all. The idea of being tied to one character or one class (theme?) like it was my predestined in-game job is retarted.

Not to comment on hunters (I don't play one with any regularity), but i'd use the expansion as an excuse to try something new.
Edited by Gombrowicz on 11/19/2010 3:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
Only problem I have with my old class is how clunky it got when focus came out.

That and PvP...
Reply Quote
70 Undead Warlock
Paladins are in a good spot for Heal #%#@@ positions.

Shouldn't you be healing me? I kid ;)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I played ret all through TBC.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]