Recruit a friend troubles

85 Undead Rogue
I used recruit a friend on a second account. After buying the subscription for both accounts I did not receive what i was told (the rocket mount etc). Secondly, when trying to use my "grant a level" levels from the recruit a friend account (78 paladin), I was able to give 3 levels to my 28 Warlock (now 31) and that was it.

Would like to know what is going on.

Thanks.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
I bought 3 months and I didn't get this. Never granted levels before. This was my first attempt as there is not point granting 30 levels to a level 1 character.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
You get the mount when the 2nd month is paid for. If you set up a 1 month recurring subscription you won't get the mount until the 2nd paid month is billed which is about 70 days out. 10 days trial + 30 days free w/ software + 30 days bill first month. You pay for the 2nd month on day your first paid month is done.

You can circumvent the wait by paying for a more than 1-month recurring subscription or using a game card, both of which will instantly credit your account with enough time for the mount (however, if you have already been billed for 1 month then they won't do a recurring account transaction until your pre-paid time is up)

Granting levels i'm not terribly familiar with but I believe the recruited account can grant levels to the recruiter and there are some restrictions, the recruit gets 1 level to grant for each 2 levels they earn and you can't grant levels to a toon that is hire than the recruit. The levels expire when the link does in 90 days.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
I bought a 3 month subscription for the second account. For this account I bought a one month. Did the account that invited need to buy more than one month?

I was aware of the restrictions but didn't think I would only be able to grant 3 levels :(
Edited by Rueben on 11/19/2010 3:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
25 Night Elf Druid
Open an in game ticket. A GM can fix this
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
I'd recommend you give Billing a call on this Rueben.

It seems that the account linked to yours is under a different Battle.net region. That shouldn't have anything to do with rewards, but it may have. Really the only thing I see out of the ordinary here.

Billing and Account Services
Phone Support - 1 (800) 59-BLIZZ (1 (800) 592 5499)
Live Representatives Available 7 days a week, 7am to 8pm Pacific Time
E-mail Support - Billing@Blizzard.com
    Players in Australia should call 1-800-041-378
    Players in Singapore should call 800-2549-9273
    Players in Chile should call 1230-020-5554
    Players in Mexico should call 001-888-578-7628
    Players in Argentina should call 0800-333-0778
    All other international players should call: (949) 955-0283

Further contact information can be found here...

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/932934085
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Thankyou Phenox, I didn't realise i had to assign the mount as at the time I only had this character on the account.

Just tried to grant more levels and no dice so will ring in the morning (Australian).

Thankyou.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]