We want Matchmaking....Rated BG Randoms FTW

85 Goblin Hunter
If you want to PUG bgs, why not PUG non-rated BGs?

Premades are going to dominate rated bgs regardless of the existence of solo-queues, so it's not like you're going to get anywhere rating-wise.

The best solo-queuing could possibly be is a replacement for losing 10 games in 5v5 to get your default 350 arena points for the week.

That's just my take on it at least. Maybe other people enjoy getting rolled by premades.
I think that PvP works better when people all have equal access to the same quality of gear, much like what is being done with Cataclysm.
I haven't seen any indications of this for Cataclysm. As far as I know the top-tier items are still going to be somewhat exclusive.

My suggestion was that they seperate Premade Rated BG's from Random Rated so hardcore people could go all out on each other and the people that didnt want to LFG/LFM in trade for a hour could have a fast queue. If Premades are all about fair play they should be seperate.

The Idea of Matchmaking is that I want to play fast and against another random team not that the other team is all ringers and i'm with a buch of scrubs that isnt fun. The we are playing for street cred or guild cred would be where the rated queues would come in and where they should stay and to be blunt we have arena servers for the super hardcore if thats what your into go there and play and let the casual players have a chance to earn their gear with their skill justl like you get to earn yours.

Punishing people because they arnt a part of a hardcore BG guid doesnt add to game balance.

If you had to be a member of a guild to earn points in order to use a rocket launcher in Halo it wouldnt be balanced.

I have yet to have one person come in and tell me how this rated queue system would be more balanced and fair to all involved. They complain about botters which are few and far between but honestly they just complain because they know if people are in equal level gear as them they will get destroyed it's just cowardly and pathetic and the devs need to swing the nerf bat on overbearing guild officers everywhere and clip em at the knees. Allow everyone the chance to earn gear through skill, thats all I am asking, if your against that your showing your true colors.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest

Also, WoW sets its own standard in the industry. Sounds like you need to go play halo, rpg's aren't for you.

I think you need to learn what an RPG is. It's defined as a Role Playing Game. Modern Warfare is a role playing game as well. There are different classes with different roles based on the equipment you choose. RPGs have nothing to do with levels or experience points or gear progression, they have eveything to do with playing a role in a team or simply playing the Role of a certain character.

My understanding of Modern Warfare is that it's an FPS game... Can you upgrade your gear in Modern Warfare? Like kill someone and get a helmet that gives you more life? And it stays with you each time you log in? If so, it's an fps/rpg. It's definitely not solely an RPG
Reply Quote
Cata:

Battlegrounds: previous seasons gear though honor, including 1800 wep(no premade required)

Arena: current season gear though conquest points, (2200 rating T2 wep)(premade)

RBG: current season gear though conquest points (cannot obtain T2 wep)(premade)
Is that 1800 BG weapon from current season or last season?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
honestly they just complain because they know if people are in equal level gear as them they will get destroyed it's just cowardly and pathetic and the devs need to swing the nerf bat on overbearing guild officers everywhere and clip em at the knees. Allow everyone the chance to earn gear through skill, thats all I am asking, if your against that your showing your true colors.

yeah, that's what we're afraid of.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Cata:

Battlegrounds: previous seasons gear though honor, including 1800 wep(no premade required)

Arena: current season gear though conquest points, (2200 rating T2 wep)(premade)

RBG: current season gear though conquest points (cannot obtain T2 wep)(premade)
Is that 1800 BG weapon from current season or last season?

In cata, if you do normal battlegrounds, you can get the Previous seasons 1800 wep. In rated bg's and arena, the current 1800 wep will have no rating and will only cost conquest points.

It's a little unclear how the 1st season will go (no "previous" season), but it's my understanding there are craftable weapons on par with previous season stats.
Edited by Reckyo on 11/19/2010 1:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
5 Troll Warrior

Premades are going to dominate rated bgs regardless of the existence of solo-queues, so it's not like you're going to get anywhere rating-wise.

The best solo-queuing could possibly be is a replacement for losing 10 games in 5v5 to get your default 350 arena points for the week.

That's just my take on it at least. Maybe other people enjoy getting rolled by premades.
I think that PvP works better when people all have equal access to the same quality of gear, much like what is being done with Cataclysm.
I haven't seen any indications of this for Cataclysm. As far as I know the top-tier items are still going to be somewhat exclusive.

My suggestion was that they seperate Premade Rated BG's from Random Rated so hardcore people could go all out on each other and the people that didnt want to LFG/LFM in trade for a hour could have a fast queue. If Premades are all about fair play they should be seperate.

The Idea of Matchmaking is that I want to play fast and against another random team not that the other team is all ringers and i'm with a buch of scrubs that isnt fun. The we are playing for street cred or guild cred would be where the rated queues would come in and where they should stay and to be blunt we have arena servers for the super hardcore if thats what your into go there and play and let the casual players have a chance to earn their gear with their skill justl like you get to earn yours.

Punishing people because they arnt a part of a hardcore BG guid doesnt add to game balance.

If you had to be a member of a guild to earn points in order to use a rocket launcher in Halo it wouldnt be balanced.

I have yet to have one person come in and tell me how this rated queue system would be more balanced and fair to all involved. They complain about botters which are few and far between but honestly they just complain because they know if people are in equal level gear as them they will get destroyed it's just cowardly and pathetic and the devs need to swing the nerf bat on overbearing guild officers everywhere and clip em at the knees. Allow everyone the chance to earn gear through skill, thats all I am asking, if your against that your showing your true colors.

I couldn't care less if everyone had the best gear and I imagine many of the people advocating a premade rated system feel the same way. While I'm sure some people just want the top gear to be unique to those that have high ratings or raid at high levels, that opinion isn't shared by everyone.

What you don't seem to get though is that not being able to get the top gear through soloing has always been the case in WoW. Blaming people on the forums for something that has existed since WoW's inception just makes you look dumb (although trying to compare MW and Halo to WoW was %###ing stupid as well).

Edited by Stossel on 11/19/2010 1:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest

I think you misunderstand what a roleplaying game is. You have a role and you play it. Modern RPGs implement gear like this to keep people playing and make the game fun. Gear upgrades have nothing to do with roleplaying. Honestly WoW (PvP) seems like like a FPS than an RPG these days, an RPG/FPS in third person with auto aim...

so you would classify sports games as RPGs? I have a role as the pitcher, and i'm playing. RPG's are about taking the identity/control of an avatar. Typically progressing it in one shape or another.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
While we are at it can we make it so I can solo all 10 man raids, I mean finding 9 other people is totally to difficult.

Once you find your 10 you will be happy to know you get the same gear as is available in a 25 man instance as per Blizzards recent changes.

Is that fair to the guys that got 25 players and fought harder bosses? Yup because you get less gear.

Blizzard obviously knows how to make a compromise that rewards people equally this system doesn not if you do randoms you get honor and welfare blues if you do rated you get epics no compromise so either you start queueing your BG's or your dont have any fun...why?

People that play BG do so because the dont like the PVE mechanics as much as the PVP so why shift the PVP closer to being a PVE game that is the problem and saying you suffer finding people in raids so I must suffer is insulting yourself. Neither of us should suffer.

They had a looking for raid system they just didnt implement it in a way that players used it so they need to refine it till they do. As far as BG's they need conquest points for randoms there is no reason not to give them for randoms. A matchmaking system exists in every top online game out today shouldnt WoW meet that standard?

Noone says in Modern Warfare hey that guy is getting the cool guns I unlocked it's no fair but WoW is somehow different ? In WoW you should be forced to join a guild to get the best gear? I can understand that mentality for PVE but this is multiplayer this is PVP that mindset is not condusive to game balance gear needs to be closer in value or the whole system wont work because one side just steam rolls the other like how Horde used to Own WG in overpopulated horde servers, if you cant understand that I dont know what to tell you.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage

Also, WoW sets its own standard in the industry. Sounds like you need to go play halo, rpg's aren't for you.

I think you need to learn what an RPG is. It's defined as a Role Playing Game. Modern Warfare is a role playing game as well. There are different classes with different roles based on the equipment you choose. RPGs have nothing to do with levels or experience points or gear progression, they have eveything to do with playing a role in a team or simply playing the Role of a certain character.

My understanding of Modern Warfare is that it's an FPS game... Can you upgrade your gear in Modern Warfare? Like kill someone and get a helmet that gives you more life? And it stays with you each time you log in? If so, it's an fps/rpg. It's definitely not solely an RPG

I think you misunderstand what a roleplaying game is. You have a role and you play it. Modern RPGs implement gear like this to keep people playing and make the game fun. Gear upgrades have nothing to do with roleplaying. Honestly WoW (PvP) seems like like a FPS than an RPG these days, an RPG/FPS in third person with auto aim...

With that definition anything is a rpg. Rpg's are about playing the role of a character to help fulfill a narrative or story, which is something you do in say Final Fantasy or Oblivion. Games like modern warfare don't particularly do that since their is no character development, partially because it's a first person shooter anyway.

@ the poster above me, why is pvp to be held on such a different standard then pve? If you want to solo que to get the best gear for your facet of the game then I want to do the same.
Edited by Veleshede on 11/19/2010 1:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
No "we" don't.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter

I couldn't care less if everyone had the best gear and I imagine many of the people advocating a premade rated system feel the same way. While I'm sure some people just want the top gear to be unique to those that have high ratings or raid at high levels, that opinion isn't shared by everyone.

What you don't seem to get though is that not being able to get the top gear through soloing has always been the case in WoW. Blaming people on the forums for something that has existed since WoW's inception just makes you look dumb (although trying to compare MW and Halo to WoW was %###ing stupid as well).

Since when can you solo a BG Random or not? A Random Queue for a BG is no different then a random Queue for a 5 man Instance.

Also I called it how it is, Halo, Modern Warfare, Team Fortress 2 all have a gear system and RPG elements they all have CTF or Capture the Base style modes and were the inspiration to WoW's PVP. They are also organized better because you have a rating system that rewards the best players and gives gear out yet you never feal like someone with better gear is dominating you unfairly.

That is called game balance.

If you could care less you wouldnt have written a response, stop lying it's juvenile.

Also cursing someone you never met before because your mad just shows your a troll and the fact you couldnt formulate a lucid argument just proves my point. You get mad because it hit too close to home? Sorry, but the truth hurts.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
honestly they just complain because they know if people are in equal level gear as them they will get destroyed it's just cowardly and pathetic and the devs need to swing the nerf bat on overbearing guild officers everywhere and clip em at the knees. Allow everyone the chance to earn gear through skill, thats all I am asking, if your against that your showing your true colors.

Over 2200 (which has been easier to get than ever in WotLK), pretty much everyone has the same gear. What the hell are you talking about?

Troll Much?

Most people only got equally geared after they lifted the arena requirements on gear up to and not including level 2000.

If you want to know what i am talking about read the entire post instead of quoting a portion of one paragraph...oh and troll somewhere else your not needed here I am a toll ...get it ...I am a...nevermind....
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest

Since when can you solo a BG Random or not? A Random Queue for a BG is no different then a random Queue for a 5 man Instance.

exactly, and the gear rewards will be equivalent. You can random queue a 5 man instance for 277 icc heroic gear? What you're asking is to random queue for conquest points, which are turned in for the top tier pvp gear (270)

Right now 5 man heroic dungeons rewards 232 gear and normal bg queues give you 251. You should be happy with the ability to solo queue for a normal bg. but no, you're not. and want Warcraft to act like a completely different game set.
Edited by Reckyo on 11/19/2010 2:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
AFR
The only reason I was even looking forward to Cata was the fact that when I BG, since i am alway on top in damage and KB's plus I normally have buildings/vehicles demolished, flag returns, etc, I would be rewarded for it ( solo or not)... I was hoping this is what was going to judge my "rating" so i could progress in rank and gear. I am very disappointed that it is still going to "have" to be a group effort. I felt much more comfortable going up against a premade even as a pug if there was similar rankings involved simply because after a certain rank you can almost guarantee that everyone will know how to play well and know what to do to win. But with the system the way it is that is not even true. There will still be MANY players carried to the top and ratings will not equal skill whatsoever.
Edited by Axeingar on 11/19/2010 2:12 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]