<Sponsored> recruiting all for Cataclysm

90 Blood Elf Paladin
<Sponsored by WotLK> looking for guilds, raiders, pvper’s, and everyone else

Who we were: A group of experienced and competent mains and alts from various guilds. This included people under our own tag, as well as members from WHO CARES, Cuties Only, Spike Flail, and others. At our peak we were easily clearing TOGC 4/5 and ICC 10/12 hardmodes, and had a couple Halion kills. We built 2 Shadowmournes and had a couple BotFK’s at 5%.

As information is becoming available about the upcoming Cataclysm expansion, we realized that individual, small- medium sized guilds focusing on raiding as autonomous entities no longer made sense. The best course of action to us seems to consolidate many raiding cores under one tag, the name of which being irrelevant because of the different factions that would exist under it. It is with this idea in mind that we are starting a raiding conglomerate. (NOTE: The idea behind this is not to merge guilds to form one playerbase, this is to simply put them all under the same umbrella guild. Guilds under this umbrella will retain complete autonomy. REPEAT NOT MERGE.)

The idea behind this is to get the upgrades provided by guild leveling, as well as achievements, unlockable items and progression oriented buffs, as quickly as possible. Food and raiding buffs require large amounts of materials to make in just one guild, but with hundreds of people under the same tag it won’t be an issue. The cash flow buff coming in from the amount of people we hope to have will cover repairs for everyone entirely, all the time. We hope to be the first on Horde to have the scorpion mount, as well as several other neato things like heirlooms and pets.

As far as guild controls go, there would be several main ranks of guild member, in order to distinguish the role the individual plays within his/her own faction. Ranks would go something like:

Guild master>Raid leaders>Faction officers>Raiders>PVP/Arena partners>friends>alts>anyone else

The top 2-3 tiers would have access to the main guild bank, which in Cataclysm will be authenticator protected as of now, although the only available resources that will be kept in there will be gold for repairs and raiding supplies such as feasts and cauldrons.

Things that will not be provided are things such as websites, Ventrilo, a bank to store the valuable items that each individual faction would earn, and recruiting. Those would have to be provided by the faction’s leadership. Many guilds already have these, and the only large change to make would be to move everyone under the same tag. In addition, a specific channel will need to be made for each faction in order to communicate meaningfully. Things such as spammers or theft will be dealt with by officers, and there will be preventative measures in place augmenting the already significant loss from getting removed from the guild with the new system.

We are not asking you to farm towards a community guild bank, to provide for anyone other than your raid group. We are not forcing you to raid with people you don’t know, or to break up your existing group. We are not making you change professions, pvp during certain hours, or dictating playstyles. To a certain extent, we don’t even really care how good you are. What we want is for everyone to do what they are doing, but under the same guild tag, so that your work benefits everyone else, and everyone else’s work benefits you. That’s it.

Please note that this is a developing concept that won’t be fully realized until December 7th at the earliest, and things may be changed within reasonable bounds with consent of those involved and affected. We are striving to put together something that will be mutually beneficial to all involved, and will be able to surpass what a smaller group of people can accomplish. Inactivity will be monitored and handled according to the size if room is needed.

In order for the maximum number of benefits to be gained in the shortest amount of time, we need players! We would like to extend invitations to raiding guilds big or small, pvp guilds, arena teams, 5 man dungeon teams, chronic levelers, profession wizzes and friends and alts of anyone mentioned above. We hope to be 700 strong by the time Cataclysm hits, and hover around the guild cap after it does.
Feel free to send me an ingame mail, or whisper, on this character anytime with any questions, concerns, comments or ideas.

Whoopie

Edited by Whoopie on 11/19/2010 12:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
74 Night Elf Warrior
I would expect nothing less from an Obama voting quasi-communist like Whoopie. Leave it to him to find a way to Socialize guild progression.

Bravo Whoopie, Bravo

-Loremaster Captain Victor Stagnetti of the Pearl
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
hello pal, you should come bring your horrible tea party activism back to NZ, its boring over here -_-.

also bump for irrational people who like getting cool things later rather than sooner, i mean who needs the heroism point buff during the first week or 2 while gearing up for raids?
Reply Quote
74 Night Elf Warrior
I think I may join so we can change this whole "Sponsored guild" idea into a "non-sponsored, we earned it ourselves off of our hard work and dedication" reality.
I will call it Operation Restoring Honor.

I'll message you in game friend.
Reply Quote
80 Orc Death Knight
I'm interested. I'll send you a message in-game.
Reply Quote
Sounds cool, I will join with my Priest, if you would like 1 more.

-scrawn
Edited by Scrawn on 11/23/2010 4:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
I understand the main idea of having separate factions, or autonomous guilds under the same tag, but what will become of individuals who would like to join? Would we be grandfathered into one of the groups, so to speak?

I'm definitely interested, and I have a small group of real-life friends who would also likely be interested in having access to raiding options and guild perks, though we certainly don't fill out a full raiding team on our own anymore. Just curious as to how individuals fit in. :)

I'll hit you up in game, and check this thread for updates.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
scrawns are always welcome
In regards to individuals in the guild, they don't automatically become part of anything. If they want to stay a solo player doing things on their own but still get the benefits of being a guild with lots of people, then so be it. If they like running dungeons, there's gonna be chain heroic groups pop up the day of or after Cata hits. If they like to pvp, we're also starting multiple groups for that as well. There's going to be many different groups doing many different things all the time, and if you only want to do things casually that's fine to, just join a group with open slots or start your own.

Obviously the groups playing competitively will be regulated, and it's up to the respective leaders of those groups to determine who gets in. But other than that, theres no limits to what you can or can't do. Individuals will be able to do what they please, and if we dont have the playerbase in guild to support all the desires of those individuals, there's always some surprisingly decent pugs around if you wade through the undesired.

I hope this answers your question.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
bump, 300+, almost halfway to the goal
Reply Quote
66 Human Warrior
500+ strong
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
hate is a very strong word
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Im out of yo thread, Whoopie you lazy good for nothing, 3 headed tout fisher, bangleed faced goofy brained, 4 tenticaled lobster back, alcohol induced labor child of a bastarrd who was a failed bromancer, chunky cellulited love-handles ugly mc-fatterson fatty fat FAT, swolen gluteus maximus from BOBA the horny horse and his "experimental nastyness".... AND YOUR THE TOWEL!
Edited by Phaledax on 12/4/2010 10:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
Mmhmm...

Bump
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
joining this guild assures victory over north korea (should they get uppity)
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
I joined this guild and was immediately given a copy of The Communist Manifesto and a life-size plushy of Chairman Mao.

**edit** I got booted from Sponsored for telling a nerd to calm down
Edited by Hirax on 12/15/2010 6:52 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]