A History of Suramar

90 Human Priest
If you were really good you wouldn't have to tell people, they would just know.

Best DPSer on Suramar: Yuski
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
They do know, but how do I show the other people who are coming to the server when I don't play anymore?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Well this lasted long.
Reply Quote
Lovely
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I think on this post the irrelevant information like the corrupt blood and the famous posts and blue post crap should be taken out and maybe have the post having to do with the history of Suramar and like the realm firsts? I know I like seeing who did the BC and WOTLK realm firsts but the pointless info about past patches and who made rank 14 is kind of pointless since if they wanted to show it they will wear the title. Think it needs to be updated with better info and then maybe requested as a sticky for future reading.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
12/12/2010 6:59 AMPosted by Fuzzymajier
I think on this post the irrelevant information like the corrupt blood and the famous posts and blue post crap should be taken out and maybe have the post having to do with the history of Suramar and like the realm firsts? I know I like seeing who did the BC and WOTLK realm firsts but the pointless info about past patches and who made rank 14 is kind of pointless since if they wanted to show it they will wear the title. Think it needs to be updated with better info and then maybe requested as a sticky for future reading.

Perhaps you don't understand what history means. You were not here for the events listed in this thread so they have no meaning for you. They still happened, and those that took part in them enjoy the memories. That's why this thread was created - not to selectively edit out the parts that you are not interested in.

The corrupted blood event when ZG was opened affected everyone that played at the time. It shut down IF for quite a while and spawned tons of hate - as well as a laughter. Also, the effort required to get the first ranks was no small feat and quite a few of the ranks were achieved through teamwork and friendships. Those of us that participated in the premades remember the good times associated with the grind to get each their rank.

The forum trolls of vanilla were of a different caliber than the 'tards that post now (see Nerdrage). The forums were a lively place where many had fun and enjoyed looking for the next post. These forums created friendships cross faction that have remained solid 6 years later, whether is was from world PvP, single server BGs or just humorous banter between trolls. I've had a ton of the old trolls return and come say hi.

/reported for sticky
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
Well said Crusade.

- Olrich
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Oh I was here for it, but most of the things listed would be more of a general history and not server specific. I guess if you want to lose someones interest quick these posts are a way to go.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Oh I was here for it, but most of the things listed would be more of a general history and not server specific. I guess if you want to lose someones interest quick these posts are a way to go.

Clearly you just want to be a part of the server history by being remembered as one of the all time masters of douchebaggery. I mean seriously. Who the hell do you think you are? The only relevant suggestion you mentioned was to add 'server firsts'... like there isn't enough relevant server firsts already? What, do you want the server to give you some sort of recognition for getting your worthless server first 525 cooking? What a joke. Nobody gives a sh!t. So in a nutshell, you want every single server first (BTW I got the server first Embersilk cloth) listed, and to take out information that you clearly are not old enough, nor mature enough to consider history. That's a good idea right? 'Hey wikipedia, take out all articles that begin with the letter J because I don't like that letter.' Use your brain before you start bashing something that many people have clearly put a lot of time and effort into, and is awesome information for so many of us who have been here for a long time.

I didn't report for sticky.

Now I did.
Edited by Junkr on 12/13/2010 9:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Thinking about it your not worth the time to argue with.
Edited by Fuzzymajier on 12/13/2010 10:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
damn double post...
Edited by Junkr on 12/13/2010 10:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
I guess if you want to lose someones interest quick these posts are a way to go.

It sure is.
Edited by Junkr on 4/28/2014 3:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
/popcorn buzz kill
Reply Quote
80 Human Priest
Return of the OG Forum Trolls

Nice seeing a lot of familiar faces here :)
Reply Quote
Posted by Wafflesqt

Mostly just everyone watching Wolvan slaughter someone over the forums.

That's some good times right there.
Reply Quote
83 Human Paladin
You forgot to add something...

Lengaloids transferred to Rexxar to form a raiding guild called "Chapter Zero" that got all the way to Ragnarros, after months of raiding, abuse and running the guild with an iron fist from the GM no other than Lengaloids himself AKA Murdoc, a 2nd in command named Deathrayne started a rebellion the guild fell apart and Deathrayne started a guild called "Spell Bound" that got to BWL and also fell apart, Lengaloids/Murdoc disappeared taking all the guilds bank and spoils/donation all for himself "Lengaloids"

And the forum trolls from Lengaloids was one of a kind unforgettable epicness that everyone enjoyed regardless of it being dumb, include that too yeah...

Please get your facts straight Lasagna

"There's only one Lengaloids"
Edited by Vitalis on 12/16/2010 3:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Suramar came online on 23 November 2004 according to the Wowwiki edit by Arlokk.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
How long ago was it when they lowered the volume/frequency of the damage you take by standing in the braziers around the world, but specifically in the IF bank? I remember people would stand in those all day and the sound would be murder. Good times!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]