Sentinels Wiki (2.0)

(Sticky)

85 Human Warlock
Have you visited the old Sentinels Wiki and wondered what the heck happened to it? Why does it suddenly look terrible?!

The answer is that Wikia ate it with its terrible redesign and forced it upon all the wikis they're hosting. But fear not, for the SentsWiki now has a new home! (and a shiny URL to boot)

http://sentinelswiki.net

This wiki does not reside on Wikia, and instead has its own dedicated server space and runs on MediaWiki; the same wiki technology that powers the likes of Wikipedia. It's completely re-skinned and redesigned to cater to the community, but it's especially geared towards the RPers as a RP resource. This change also allows for customization through extensions, which allows for extra features that were previously unattainable under the old system. With it, I plan to add a lot more features to really make it feel like a community site.

The move is going slowly, but surely. (Hey Blue, I need to bug you about this.) If you have a page on the old Sentinels Wikia, I ask that you transfer your own pages onto the new wiki. It should be a simple copy-paste job after re-uploading any images that you had on the old wiki since many of the templates used on the Sentinels Wikia have been transferred over. It'll also help to lessen the load of material that needs to be moved over.

Features currently include:
    Calendar to post upcoming events. They're all linked to a central calendar, and it's quite simple to use.

Dynamic graphical content, including side banners where, should people choose to, can use as free advertising space for their guild, events, and other RP-related projects.

Re-skinned and redesigned layout.

Quick and simple registration system. Unlike the Sentinels Wikia, having a registered username is required in order to edit and contribute to the wiki in order to help ward off bots and lazy trolls, but it takes only a few seconds to do so.

Currently in the works:
    Community Portal to act as a reference guide for the Sentinels server

Help pages meant to aid the newcomer in wiki editing

More banners! Also drafting up guidelines and procedures to allow users to submit their own banners to be used.

Anything else that my brain can think of that'll benefit the community and the wiki

If you have any questions, please leave a note here, or on the wiki. If you need help with wiki editing, I can also help guide folks along with layout issues and the like.

Thanks for taking a look and I hope to see you folks take advantage of this new wiki!
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
why is there no entry for Ironskull.

File it under "handsome"

Ahh and that's the beauty of a wiki. If there's something you feel that needs to be added, you can take the initiative!
Reply Quote
MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
(Hey Blue, I need to bug you about this.)

If email would be easier, just use this gal's - Eilethalua@gmail.com. I don't generally use it much, but if the chat there or some way of communicating on Facebook (scratch FB - I never log in there) or Google+ (Eilethalua@gmail = Lethie Drake) is viable, I'll keep an eye out.
Edited by Eilethalua on 9/19/2012 11:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin

File it under "handsome"

Ahh and that's the beauty of a wiki. If there's something you feel that needs to be added, you can take the initiative!

Remember, however, that it is not considered kosher to create and edit articles on yourself. ;)

At least ones that aren't for managing RP histories. :p
Edited by Sasika on 11/18/2010 11:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock

File it under "handsome"

Remember, however, that it is not considered kosher to create and edit articles on yourself. ;)

At least ones that aren't for managing RP histories. :p

While the SentsWiki encourages RP profiles and such, there are no rules saying that Ironskull cannot create his own page. And who knows! What if he does write down some RP history and somesuch? No reason to deny him from making an additional contribution to the wiki.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Wait, we arent supposed to create and edit articles on yourself?
YAY! Now i can say i was being polite and all instead of lazy. :o
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
How the hell did i double post o_O
Edited by Siku on 11/19/2010 12:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock

Sasika is clearly being silly. If that were the case, then no one would contribute anything. :( And dammit, I want people to contribute!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
The article on Sink, while mostly accurate, contains one typographical error and is missing 131 commas (I counted).

Also, the entire section on a supposed addiction to Elixir of Dream Vision and usage of same to get out of the boring bits of guild meetings is a terrible, vicious lie. That only happened once. Per guild meeting.

*sighs*
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
Are you able to report this for sticky? I cannot find where to report the thread for sticky :(
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin

Sasika is clearly being silly. If that were the case, then no one would contribute anything. :( And dammit, I want people to contribute!

No I'm not, I was just talking about Wikipedia, not the Sentinels Wiki. ;)
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
No I'm not, I was just talking about Wikipedia, not the Sentinels Wiki. ;)

Wikipedia is strange. The article on Sink there reports under a picture of a red wash basin that "Sinks are available in many colours".

I do turn several colours depending on what I just ate, but what are they implying with that picture?!?

<Serious>I'd post an article on Sink to the aforementioned Sentinels Wiki, but I'm as of yet too lazy to create Yet Another User Account, plus it'd just be silly. But I applaud any who do make the effort to contribute. /clap :) </Serious>

Yes, I put a smiley in the Serious.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
Wikipedia

What's that?
Reply Quote
MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
Are you able to report this for sticky? I cannot find where to report the thread for sticky :(

It seems counter-intuitivie, but to report a thread, even for Sticky, you have to click Dislike, then choose Report under that. Alternatively, an email to wowreportedpost@blizzard.com with the post link should do it.

You can also click Like as well, which will (with enough people doing so) make it "Highly Rated" and have it show up lighter. However, that wouldn't get it stickied.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue

It seems counter-intuitivie, but to report a thread, even for Sticky, you have to click Dislike, then choose Report under that. Alternatively, an email to wowreportedpost@blizzard.com with the post link should do it.

You can also click Like as well, which will (with enough people doing so) make it "Highly Rated" and have it show up lighter. However, that wouldn't get it stickied.

There's no option for Sticky. I guess we're meant to pick 'other'?
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage

That's what i did. >_>
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight

That's what i did. >_>

This is confusing. I'll dislike the thread and try to find Sticky. If I can't find sticky, I'll just like it.
Edited by Ogumel on 11/19/2010 11:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
This is confusing. I'll dislike the thread and try to find Sticky. If I can't find sticky, I'll just like it.

It would be Dislike > ! Report > Other, then type in the reason as "Sticky". (Or, as I mentioned, you can just send an email to wowreportedpost@blizzard.com asking for:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1074267718 to be stickied)
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Unlike the other options of the Dislike dropdown. You can report for other, AND Like it at the same time.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]