Changes to "the Exalted" achievement

85 Draenei Shaman
I apologize if there is already a thread about this, I can't for the life of me seem to find a forum search function on these new boards.

I have been spending these boring pre-Cata weeks working on earning my 40 exalted reputations achievement. I am currently at 32 exalted with 8 others easily attainable in the next three weeks. But I know Cataclysm is increasing the number of reputations needed for this achievement. I have two questions:

1) Is it being increased to 45 reps or 55 reps for "the Exalted" title? I have heard both and don't know which to believe.

2) When does (did?) the change to the achievement occur? Did it happen this week in 4.0.3? Will it happen in 4.0.3a? Or will it not happen until Cataclysm?

Thanks for any help :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
1) 45 Reputations at Exalted will be the new requirement for the title if you don't already have it.

2) Not entirely sure on this one, but since all of the new achievements are in place in 4.0.3a I have to assume it'll be changing at that time. As of 4.0.3 the requirement is still only 40.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
55 is the requirement for "United Nations" which is a guild achievement. 55 unique reputations within your guild.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
This needs to be changed back to 40 reputations like it was. This will make it harder for people close to getting the achievement by pushing it back out of reach.

You made "the Insane" easier so making this harder goes against everything Blizzard currently stands for.

I disagree. All along I was rushing to get 40 reps pre-Cata because I thought it was being increased to 55. Now that I know it is only 45 I am relaxing. The last 2 reps I was going to have to grind out were Steamwheedle reps, but now I can skip those for some easier new factions in Cataclysm which I will be grinding to Exalted for rep rewards anyway.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Giving you 7 trivial new reps to Exalt and only raising the requirement by 5 is making it easier.

making this harder goes against everything Blizzard currently stands for.

...is awesome btw. thanks for the chuckle.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Priest
I'm ok with this actually. I won't make 40 by Cata but I'm getting close, and with the addition of the new reps, this will definately be attainable for me.

I think it's also nice they're keeping it *relatively* difficult. I know we whine a lot when they make it too easy, but this will provide a decent balance.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
Given that Wrath added a bunch of new factions that were easy to grind, I assume Cata will have new reps that are just as easy which will make up for the change.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Is it being increased to 45 reps or 55 reps for "the Exalted" title? I have heard both and don't know which to believe.

45 Exalted/Solo - The Exalted
55 Exalted/Guild - Dark Phoenix Hatchling

When does (did?) the change to the achievement occur? Did it happen this week in 4.0.3? Will it happen in 4.0.3a? Or will it not happen until Cataclysm?

45 exalted most likely comes out when 55 does, in other words -- when Cataclysm goes live.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]