Are you kidding me?

90 Human Warrior
From the Q&A with Best Buy that was posted on MMO champ today:

Q: Is Hit rating intended to tramp all other stats but Str for Fury till the 27% hardcap? Seems excessive
A: Generally speaking, we do balance hit rating to be the "best" stat until you're at the hit rating cap

Seriously, is this a joke? You balance hit rating to be your best stat until hard cap? For real? So you expect every dual wielder in the game to get to hit hardcap, 27% from now on according to this?

What a joke. Please tell me the person who was conducting that interview was someone more versed in lore who just had no idea how to respond to a mechanics question like that.
Edited by Secondwind on 11/18/2010 10:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
"Generally speaking"

They simply brushed the question aside because they didn't feel like answering it. Happens all the time. Don't take it so personally, guy.

This.

They didn't actually answer the question.

u mad bro?

lol

I'm sure the dude just didn't know what he was talking about. I doubt fury is expected to hit the hard cap for hit rating before they can go after any other stat. I doubt hit even keeps it's "best" all the way to 27% also, but time will tell.

Well stop doubting, because it's the truth. Fury Warriors need to hit 27% hit rating.

They're the only spec that has it worse than Enhancement Shaman.
Edited by Matuk on 11/18/2010 9:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I simply doubt (without doing any in-depth testing) that a small chance for the off-hand white swing to miss (5% or so) will still trump going for mastery, strength or even haste for more white swings in the same period of time.

Hit at the very least beats out haste, by a fair margin at all levels. Both hit and haste do the same thing, but hit does so much more efficiently, while also smoothing out the rage flow.

Right now mastery is crap. Once the beta change goes live it will likely beat out haste at least, whether it will beat out hit is questionable.

Hit beats out crit on live because of a lack of deep wounds. Once cata hits, crit will likely take priority over hit past the softcap.

"Generally speaking"

They simply brushed the question aside because they didn't feel like answering it. Happens all the time. Don't take it so personally, guy.

Then the guy should say "I don't know about ____" not "Well yeah, that's how it always works. Hit is always the best stat until cap, that's generally how we do things"
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I simply doubt (without doing any in-depth testing) that a small chance for the off-hand white swing to miss (5% or so) will still trump going for mastery, strength or even haste for more white swings in the same period of time.

Hit at the very least beats out haste, by a fair margin at all levels. Both hit and haste do the same thing, but hit does so much more efficiently, while also smoothing out the rage flow.

Haste always gives you more rage, hit only gives you more rage if you would have missed. That's why I find it difficult to believe that as you near the cap of hit (20% or so, 7% left to go) that removing a small chance for a white off hand to miss will give you more rage or damage when compared to something that will always give you more damage and rage.

I did the math comparing going from 26% to 27% hit (ie worst case for hit) vs going from 0% to 1% haste (ie the biggest benefit from haste).

Hit was still better at that point. Then you have to remember hit is a bit cheaper per percent than haste. It's a pretty minor difference (at 80 it's 30 vs 32, and 85 it's 120 vs 128), but it is a slight additional advantage if favor of hit.

This is of course comparing the rage generation over an extended period of time, so that number of misses average out.
Edited by Secondwind on 11/18/2010 9:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
Hey at least you had a legit question asked.

Take a look at the pitiful excuse for a DK question to the devs.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Hey at least you had a legit question asked.

Take a look at the pitiful excuse for a DK question to the devs.

Could have been about eye glow color.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
If hit is so readily available at 85 that it's in any way realistic to hard cap for dual wielders, it will become a nuisance for single wielders.

Even if hit is not so readily available, if it's "the best stat" for dual wielders, then the design goal of giving players gearing choices is gone, and hit just becomes the new ArP.

EDIT: Oh and Secondwind, edit the thread title. You'll get banned for "masking profanity".
Edited by Cadwyr on 11/18/2010 10:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

EDIT: Oh and Secondwind, edit the thread title. You'll get banned for "masking profanity".

Masking profanity? It's a word filter
Reply Quote
I must be missing something here. Casters have to stack hit to 17% before any other stat. Why is it shocking/bad that hit has the highest EV per point up to cap for other classes as well (assuming the QQ is even true to begin with)?

Is it just because your cap is 6% higher? Because honestly, that doesn't seem like a big deal. In fact, you should be pleased, because hit is a cheaper stat per point than the others. By filling that extra 6% with Hit, you have generated a lot more value from your ilvls than people who are stacking haste in that slot.
Edited by Venificus on 11/18/2010 10:35 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]