Plz make sanctuary accessible any time

90 Blood Elf Priest
There is no reason for Sanctuary not to be accessible all the time. Shamans/druids do not need a state to use healing rain/Efflorescence.
I think holy priests should have access to Sanctuary any time. Granted that you could still apply the 15% bonus healing if chakra is up in the right state for it as well as a CD, but access should still be granted any time as it is for other classes.
Thank you.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Not going to happen because that would also mean all 3 Holy Words would be accessible at all times. The times you'll be using Sanc since they nerfed all the ground aoes will be clearly defined anyway (ie, if you're not in chakra by then just for the throughput you're doing something very, very wrong).
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Revelations is currently the most interesting part of Chakra. Holy Priests don't need another static button.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I like the way is Sanctuary works as it is. It makes PoH Chakra feel powerful.

But if we wanted Sanctuary to beocome unrelated to chakra (just like Effloresence/Healing Rain/Light of Dawn/PW: Barrier), I think Sanctuary and CoH should switch places. That way we could use Sanctuary independantly from chakra and CoH would follow the "instant-cast" motif of the other Holy Words.
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Shaman
what? no. terrible idea. CoH is much better than sanctuary. i mean that would just be giving a mana cost to a downgraded spell version of trauma.
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Shaman
No idea on the shaman version but I don't think I have ever seen one use it.

That's because it's a level 85 ability ^_^
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Perhaps we are no longer intended to be spontameous healers, but preaware planned healers?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I am OK with chakra modifying slightly the use and the strength of spells.
What I disagree with is that Sanctuary is dependent of the chakra state to be accessible or not (aside of Sanctuary internal CD).
Healing rain, Efflorescence are not dependent of a state to be accessible. shamans/druids can instantly cast it while remaining full strength on tank healing. I understand they wanted to make priests more versatile, but Sanctuary should be accessible no matter the state. The state should only affect strength of spells, not access.
Edited by Vernia on 11/20/2010 5:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Revelations is currently the most interesting part of Chakra. Holy Priests don't need another static button.

Like how Chakra is another static button? The OP is pointing out that there's inequity between the three heals - Druids and Shaman have no restriction on when they can use Efflorescence and Healing Rains, while Holy Priests must be in their corresponding Chakra state.

what? no. terrible idea. CoH is much better than sanctuary. i mean that would just be giving a mana cost to a downgraded spell version of trauma.

I'm hoping this is sarcasm.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
That's not actually true, Druids have to decide whether or not to use SM as our only burst heal or on the raid. On some heroic fights I didn't have a choice except to use SM as a tank heal (LB + Rejuv up and chaining pure HT at that point and tank health was at dangerous levels).

Mainly though, I don't think they feel comfortable giving HPriests every Holy Word spell statically.

I'm hoping this is sarcasm.

CoH is much better in general, more versatile and less of a mana hog.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

CoH is much better in general, more versatile and less of a mana hog.

I meant the second half, because Sanctuary already is giving a mana cost to a downgraded version of Trauma.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Fair enough, he probably got confused with Pally mechanics.
Reply Quote
How on earth is this a bad idea? It'd give Holy Priests another button to press and give more flexibility while the other healers will still perform better.

That's not actually true, Druids have to decide whether or not to use SM as our only burst heal or on the raid.

Because yeah, having HoTs on a damaged target to use Swiftmend on person A or person B is the same as having to be in a completely different Chakra state while locking out other Holy Word spells to use an expensive and weak heal.

Your effect is still free and if you really needed to make a tank save while using Eff. on the raid you could just hit Nature's Swiftness on the tank instead.
Edited by Krugar on 11/20/2010 2:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Because yeah, having HoTs on a damaged target to use Swiftmend on person A or person B is the same as having to be in a completely different Chakra state while locking out other Holy Word spells to use an expensive and weak heal.

Your effect is still free and if you really needed to make a tank save while using Eff. on the raid you could just hit Nature's Swiftness on the tank instead.

Ok... so our other option is a 2 minute CD. I could say the same thing for Holy with GS. Tank health dips into dangerous levels far more often on heroic fights. And considering if we're tank healing we have to spend a GCD to put Rejuv up and then Swiftmend, yes that is similar to the buildup requirements.

You're really talking about hypotheticals, if you actually healed on beta you'd realize Sanc was a very situational spell. With PoH, CoH and PoM, even if you were in Heal chakra you'd have more tools than any other healer to deal with raid damage.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
If all holy words were available all the time I think the keybinding nightmare would make me cry as a priest.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
I haven't raided on this toon in a while, since well before 4.0, and so my only experience lately has been in heroics capping my JPs. While 9 out of 10 heroics are eye-droopingly easy, there's always that occasional group... and for those groups I had little trouble dropping into PoH Chakra and throwing out Sanctuary. Felt kind clunky at first I admit but after the 3rd terrible group I had it down.

I'm not here to disagree with the OP, but could raiding Holy Priests say what, during more demanding raid game play, is the matter with how this ability works? Is staying in PoH Chakra too difficult? I don't really care if the other corresponding spells are easier as long as ours is still workable, though I don't consider casting PoH every 30 secs very difficult, especially if damage is enough to warrant Sanctuary.

Is the total mana - every few Sanctuaries must be preceded by a PoH - a problem? I know Priests are having mana problems on beta - would removing one PoH every 30 secs help this?

Do you feel that the PoHs you need to cast are wasted - are there times where you want Sanctuary but casting PoH is stupid?

Again not trying to disagree but would like to know more how this ability feels in raids versus my trivial experiences.

EDIT: just wanted to say that once I got used to how it works, I like Sanctuary. And I don't care if another class can do the same thing easier. I am playing a Holy Priest after all.
Edited by Jujubar on 11/20/2010 2:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
I would not argue with sanctuary being baseline and being replaced by holy word: aspire.

Sanctuary is just kind of clunky now. If you arent already in PoH/PoM chakra, you have to click chakra, cast pom/poh, click sanctuary, position the zone, click again, and wait for a .5 second cast. Thats a lot to go through to get a sanctuary off.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
I would not argue with sanctuary being baseline and being replaced by holy word: aspire.

Sanctuary is just kind of clunky now. If you arent already in PoH/PoM chakra, you have to click chakra, cast pom/poh, click sanctuary, position the zone, click again, and wait for a .5 second cast. Thats a lot to go through to get a sanctuary off.

Your problem is that you're clicking. If you were to keybind what you purposed isn't difficult.
Edited by Adoz on 11/20/2010 2:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest

Your problem is that you're clicking. If you were to keybind what you purposed isn't difficult.

With Chakra having no GCD I assume you can just macro it to PoH anyway?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]